FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott’s rocky rollout of new combined program not covered by bloggers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1928192-marriott-s-rocky-rollout-new-combined-program-not-covered-bloggers.html)

imverge Aug 23, 2018 12:36 pm

Marriott Silenced Bloggers?

Anyone noticed that none of the regular travel/miles bloggers has posted anything regarding the merger in the last couple of days?

UA-NYC Aug 23, 2018 12:42 pm

Yes.

OMAAT has a “how to combine” article but shockingly little on the state of the merger operations of the past week. Odd as this is the single biggest thing going on in the loyalty space at the moment.

izzik Aug 23, 2018 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by imverge (Post 30121127)
Anyone noticed that none of the regular travel/miles bloggers has posted anything regarding the merger in the last couple of days?

Marriott stuffed their mouths with $$ so they only say what Marriott wants them to say.
I recall a popular blogger who trumpeted that this merger was a big win / positive for members back in mid-April.. then again, I suppose you can't really have an exclusive interview with a Marriott SVP, then turn around and trash the company.

imverge Aug 23, 2018 12:54 pm

Ya, I thought it was suspicious that they all went silent all of a sudden, especially since they were all over the merger up until a few days ago.

izzik Aug 23, 2018 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by imverge (Post 30121200)
Ya, I thought it was suspicious that they all went silent all of a sudden, especially since they were all over the merger up until a few days ago.

Considering how the merger has been plagued with all sorts of negative issues: combined totals being incorrect for a while, not all benefits fully merged, uncertainty over newly minted Plat Premiers and their 50/75 night benefit choices, reservations are still wonky...
You'd think the big bloggers would be all over it like flies to rotting meat.

imverge Aug 23, 2018 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by izzik (Post 30121234)
Considering how the merger has been plagued with all sorts of negative issues: combined totals being incorrect for a while, not all benefits fully merged, uncertainty over newly minted Plat Premiers and their 50/75 night benefit choices, reservations are still wonky...
You'd think the big bloggers would be all over it like flies to rotting meat.

Totally agree! Especially since all of them are Marriott/SPG members themselves.

izzik Aug 23, 2018 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by imverge (Post 30121260)
Totally agree! Especially since all of them are Marriott/SPG members themselves.

So the takeaway is that these bloggers are in cahoots with hotels (and credit cards, airlines, etc).. shocker! :D

Antarius Aug 23, 2018 1:44 pm

There hasn't been much to report honestly. Some IT issues. The people who seem most affected are likely on this forum hitting F5 in their browser every minute to combine accounts. Look at the combine thread.

What value would we get on these blogs? Large IT merger, some problems reported as expected?

Westin Aug 23, 2018 1:50 pm

100% no question about it

Catbert10 Aug 23, 2018 1:51 pm

I expected some blogging about the LTPP/LTP (possible) controversy. In fact, I'm shocked I haven't seen anything about it.

spgplat21 Aug 23, 2018 2:00 pm

Yes, but only after they let them book the all-suite properties at standard rates and post about it. Then the "glitch" happened preventing everyone else from doing so.

Westin Aug 23, 2018 2:05 pm

Lol did you guys see this deleted tweet by Marriott?

https://imgur.com/a/oTlVwWP

imverge Aug 23, 2018 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius (Post 30121407)
There hasn't been much to report honestly. Some IT issues. The people who seem most affected are likely on this forum hitting F5 in their browser every minute to combine accounts. Look at the combine thread.

What value would we get on these blogs? Large IT merger, some problems reported as expected?

Not much to report?

1) Points for stays not posting
2) Travel Packages not redeemable at Starwood properties
3) 50/75 night award benefit not selectable
4) Confirmed points reservations booked prior to 8/18 now higher
5) Amex points not posting
6) Category 7 hotels not bookable for listed 60K points
7) And so on, and so on...

Some IT issues? see above

UA-NYC Aug 23, 2018 2:26 pm

I posted the question to Gary in the VFTW post today in the SPG card pump article. I find him to be a straight shooter...will report back if he replies.

Kacee Aug 23, 2018 2:28 pm

I've noticed this for days. They're simply ignoring all the issues and problems. No chance it's coincidence.