Wiki Posts
Search

Nights calculation mistake

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: starwood, aeroplan
Nights calculation mistake

So I merged my accounts last week and what I show under activity is as follows : 50 nights marriot +16 nights spg. Total 66 nights. In reality I have 26 nights with spg giving me a total of 76 for the year.
Spent over an hour on the phone getting bounced around from rep to rep. Nobody seems to know much about what's going on there and nobody knew how to help me.
​​​​Pretty frustrating !
puntamita likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some folks have been reporting that ten CC nights were deleted from their accounts. Did you have CC night credits and were they on the SPG side?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Platinum, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Were your SPG nights correct before you merged them? This problem is widely reported. The SPG nights are incorrect in many accounts.

(a) the YTD nights is reported as lower than the total number of actual YTD nights shown in the account history. In my case, when the account was migrated to Marriott my last stay of two nights was missing from the account history. This reappeared a week ago but the two nights were not added to the YTD nights. It's clear there's no link between the account history and the YTD nights. In my case this is nothing to do with credit card nights because I don't collect them but it's a result of the missing stay from end of July that was not added to YTD when it finally reappeared in my history.

(b) the lifetime nights is also incorrect. During the account migration they added the actual lifetime nights and the current YTD nights to make a new lifetime nights total. Many people have reported this. It's not easy to see how and why this would have happened apart from careless human error in the migration script but it did happen. It's also not fixed.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ftrichard
Were your SPG nights correct before you merged them? This problem is widely reported. The SPG nights are incorrect in many accounts.

(a) the YTD nights is reported as lower than the total number of actual YTD nights shown in the account history. In my case, when the account was migrated to Marriott my last stay of two nights was missing from the account history. This reappeared a week ago but the two nights were not added to the YTD nights. It's clear there's no link between the account history and the YTD nights. In my case this is nothing to do with credit card nights because I don't collect them but it's a result of the missing stay from end of July that was not added to YTD when it finally reappeared in my history.

(b) the lifetime nights is also incorrect. During the account migration they added the actual lifetime nights and the current YTD nights to make a new lifetime nights total. Many people have reported this. It's not easy to see how and why this would have happened apart from careless human error in the migration script but it did happen. It's also not fixed.

Same problem here, I am still waiting Marriott correct this problem of YTD with end of July early August not counted, also SNA not working on SPG side for booking pre-merger.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I think the SPG nights missing for me are those which were credited as part of the Double nights / credit promotion. For me, these would only be useful if hitting 50 or 75 nights and I guess these nights would need to be SPG legacy. But just like the issue of stays, there’s no way of knowing unless you keep checking manually.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
I noticed today that the 4 nights I need to post to bring me back to Platinum are now showing up in my stay history but the night count hasn't changed. The points in my account have been adjusted accordingly too. It's just a matter of time I'm thinking. I really wish it would "hurry up" though... LOL
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)

Hi William/Lurkers!

Having same issue too. My stay posted to my account pre-merge. Stay disappeared after 8/18 merge. Stay reappeared again in account activities but didn't add up on my YTD numbers.

And I documented everything so what to do? Am i SOL??
As you can see, my August 9-12, 2018 (3 night stay) has posted pre-merger. But now, they are again showing up on my account activities page but they were Not added up to my YTD night tally.

I should have 66 nights YTD as of 8/18/18. But account only shows as 63 nights YTD

GalaxyChris and ftrichard like this.

Last edited by supatight80; Aug 29, 2018 at 6:58 pm
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
I think the SPG nights missing for me are those which were credited as part of the Double nights / credit promotion. For me, these would only be useful if hitting 50 or 75 nights and I guess these nights would need to be SPG legacy. But just like the issue of stays, there’s no way of knowing unless you keep checking manually.
Anyone having the same experience?
I have not combined my account mainly because I am not sure if the bonus night will be transferred in as well or not.
not having the stay count is also another issue. I would have achieve platinum just by the stays already in SPG.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by mbd4524
So I merged my accounts last week and what I show under activity is as follows : 50 nights marriot +16 nights spg. Total 66 nights. In reality I have 26 nights with spg giving me a total of 76 for the year.
Spent over an hour on the phone getting bounced around from rep to rep. Nobody seems to know much about what's going on there and nobody knew how to help me.
​​​​Pretty frustrating !
If its any consolation, I haven't combined yet, but my Lifetime post-program-merger totals are wrong (I was mainly SPG).

Originally Posted by supatight80
Hi William/Lurkers!

Having same issue too. My stay posted to my account pre-merge. Stay disappeared after 8/18 merge. Stay reappeared again in account activities but didn't add up on my YTD numbers.

And I documented everything so what to do? Am i SOL??
As you can see, my August 9-12, 2018 (3 night stay) has posted pre-merger. But now, they are again showing up on my account activities page but they were Not added up to my YTD night tally.

I should have 66 nights YTD as of 8/18/18. But account only shows as 63 nights YTD

I removed your pics, but just have to say that you crack me up.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Everybody is having the same problem so what you need to do is be patient and let them sort it out. Not worth your time to keep calling when there is nothing any phone agent can do at the moment.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I removed your pics, but just have to say that you crack me up.
Laughter is the key to longevity
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:30 am

FWIW I have been conversing with the [MENTION=10904]spg[/MENTION]assist twitter people.about this. They kept apologizing and asking me to be patient as they fixed it.

All communication ceased when I asked if Marriott was going to do something to make us whole after this unmitigated disaster of an integration. I guess everyone is really upset and not happy that the Ringling brothers clowns formed an IT company after the circus closed and did this integration for their first project.

I give up at this point. I don't mind the issues so much as the absolute silence from marriott. Do they think that if they don't say anything we won;t notice they destroyed the integration?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by FlyingBeanCounter
All communication ceased when I asked if Marriott was going to do something to make us whole after this unmitigated disaster of an integration. I guess everyone is really upset and not happy that the Ringling brothers clowns formed an IT company after the circus closed and did this integration for their first project.

POTW!

I am also missing those bonus nights by the way. 11 to be exact.
Andy82 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, AA PlatPro, VS Silver, National EE, Hertz PC
Same for me. Nights count incorrect in the SPG account. I have not merged. Still not fixed. So frustrating, SPG was working so well for everyone and here comes Marriott....
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:05 am

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
I'm in the same situation as you, missing a total of 11 nights for Double nights promotion. Should be more, but there is another error in my SPG account that wrongly added me 7 nights from a room that was upgraded with a payment at a Sheraton hotel and for some reason has been posted at two stays in the same dates. So in the end I have +8 nights added in error and 19 nights missing from my YTD account.

In no way any SPG/Marriott representative is going to act on these errors. SPGAssist on twitter gave me random answers like " you should combine your accounts to get your YTD corrected ", which is nonsense, and Marriott/SPG plat line representatives were extremely apologetic but told me to wait. The last date they gave me to wait for is September 3/4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.