Nights calculation mistake

Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
my nights are also correct now. 14 missing nights have appeared
I might have ago at merging my accounts!!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
If the stay started in 2017, only the nights 1 Jan or later for that stay will count. Since it is a nights based program, there is no guess work needed for when the stay posts as the nights would be credited to the year in which they occurred--not when they posted.
Whether my two missing nights are for 31st Dec-2nd Jan (x 2 rooms) or not the problem remains - two of my nights YTD are missing.

I fail to understand your “posted” comment.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:20 am

Credit card bonus nights and lifetime status

Do the 5 bonus nights awarded with the SPG Amex count toward lifetime status night totals ? I finally got my account to reflect everything the way it should be and then bam - my lifetime nights plunged and the only reason I can come up with is that the SPG Amex bonus nights were removed . Any help appreciated .
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Mine have changed but are still not correct - 3 YTD nights missing although they are reflected on the account activity list.
The lifetime total is now correct (sans the missing YTD nights) and there’s the rub - I hit the number needed for legacy lifetime SPG gold before 8/18, but this still shows 2 nights short. When I merge accounts, my Marriott and SPG totals will qualify me under the new lifetime requirements, but I did want to hit the legacy SPG lifetime before merging accounts. Will be patient a while longer, since we are starting to see corrections being made...
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:37 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
My YTD nights seem to be correct now, but I've lost 45 lifetime nights - nights which Marriott had claimed to be correct, and I have done a mattress run to complete LTPP requirements. More than a little pissed off...

Also, although I'm now showing as properly past the SPG 50-night Plat requirement, I'm still missing my "Years as Plat" for this year, which SPG texted me I reached in early August.

What a mess, Marriott!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
My nights record are suddenly correct as well...

After this, the only issue pending to be fixed is my elite status... With 77 nights in 2017 I'm a SPG Platinum 75 in 2018, which should be mapped to Platinum Premier Elite (lifetime status is properly mapped to Lifetime Gold... As I'm short of years as Platinum with SPG) but I'm only given Platinum Elite status...
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Just happened to check my account this AM after checking in last night on a stay that would re-qualify me for Platinum. And yes, my account is correct now. Come to think of it, the front desk person didn't even acknowledge me too nor did I get an offer of choices with my gift... Hmmmm… Down to the front desk I go later on today. LOL
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
My nights were finally corrected for me as well two days ago - 11 nights came back and also Lifetime nights were corrected.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I lost about 30 or 40 Lifetime nights in the last few days somehow. And none of my stays since the merger are showing up in my Activity.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
SPG account is finally correct!!!! However, my Marriott account isn't......
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Per others' reports, YTD nights are now correct, but lifetime have inexplicably dropped by 13.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: SPG LTP, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, IHGPlat, RadGold, Marriott Plat, BW Diamond
My lifetime nights have decreased also, but now seem correct! As many others have reported, prior to the merge our YTD SPG nights were incorrectly added to our SPG lifetime total nights. It seems that Marriott has now corrected this error. My current combined program lifetime nights are now exactly the sum of my premerger SPG lifetime nights and my MR lifetime nights.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Travelosopher
My lifetime nights have decreased also, but now seem correct! As many others have reported, prior to the merge our YTD SPG nights were incorrectly added to our SPG lifetime total nights. It seems that Marriott has now corrected this error. My current combined program lifetime nights are now exactly the sum of my premerger SPG lifetime nights and my MR lifetime nights.
What SPG nights were added incorrectly? If I take my pre-merger SPG lifetime nights plus Marriott it was correct when I merged the accounts. But now it is significantly lower. I guess I need to call. And still none of my activity since the merger is showing on the activity page.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
There seems to be some game playing on Marriott's part with a lot of members lifetime nights count. Bloggers are all over this and I am surprised that your post is the only mention of this on FT...that is unless it is buried in some other post and I haven't found it.

For me just another way MR runs a shady program and over promises and under delivers. Luckily my total went down but did not drop below 600+ since I am trying to finish Lifetime Platinum this year under the old SPG program rules. With my luck the drop will impact me for Lifetime Platinum Premier elite qualification!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Do the 5 bonus nights awarded with the SPG Amex count toward lifetime status night totals ? I finally got my account to reflect everything the way it should be and then bam - my lifetime nights plunged and the only reason I can come up with is that the SPG Amex bonus nights were removed . Any help appreciated .
No, they never have

If they went down by 5 or 10 (if you have two cards), that's your answer

Mine went down by 42, but that was overcounting of SPG nights this year so I thought they might go away at some point - you may have the same issue

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.