Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
If Marriott isnt showing a room with breakfast included but third party sites are, can I submit an LNF for a room with breakfast?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:01 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by r3cycle19
Can you make claims for more then 1 room?
I already have a claim that was approved but I may need up to 4 rooms.
I just did my first ever LNF and it was for two rooms. Don't know if up to four would work.

Hotel Name: Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf
Arrival Date: November 9, 2018
Departure Date: November 11, 2018
Number of Rooms: 2
Number of Guests: 2/room
Room Type: Traditional 2 double beds
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 328.33 USD (plus taxes etc)
Competing Rate: 311.04 USD (plus taxes)
Actual Approved Rate: 233.28USD plus taxes
LNF Award: 25% discount

I was pleasantly surprised at the quick turnaround on the LNF approval. I booked my room around 2:30pm on Wednesday of this week and immediately filled out the online LNF claim form. I got an autoreply at 2:38pm saying they're experiencing a higher than normal amount of email enquiries; less than an hour and a half later (3:56pm) I received confirmation of LNF success.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
If Marriott isnt showing a room with breakfast included but third party sites are, can I submit an LNF for a room with breakfast?
In the past, I was successful. But you will not get breakfast included.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie

In the past, I was successful. But you will not get breakfast included.
Thabks for the reply. Actually the breakfast package tab wasnt showing for that hotel on the app but it was for the desktop. The competing rate was still much lower so Ive put in a claim. As both rates now have breakfast, I should get breakfast included if approved then.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by shevboyz
Marriott LNF goes by per night basis.
if the 3rd night is not lower, then only your first 2 nights get the 25%.

As far as I know, LNF stays non refundable if u book a non refundable room. That's the general rule.
Update: my rate changed to LNF almost immediately after approval yet the cancellation terms remained non-refundable until around 1 day later, when it switched to flexible! The agents dont seem to know the rules and you seem to get different answers depending on who you talk to. But here it seems non-refundable rates do turn to flexible if approved (but there may be exceptions).
Old Oct 6, 2018, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG

Update: my rate changed to LNF almost immediately after approval yet the cancellation terms remained non-refundable until around 1 day later, when it switched to flexible! The agents dont seem to know the rules and you seem to get different answers depending on who you talk to. But here it seems non-refundable rates do turn to flexible if approved (but there may be exceptions).
Yes it said that but the terms said that the terms will be following the original terms. Therefore I wouldn't take it for granted - this goes for the breakfast inclusive or not with LNF - you won't see that the new LNF rate includes breakfast if the comparison rate includes breakfast but the hotel front desk could see it because the original booking terms apply.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Another datapoint.

Overnight I received 15K points for 3 successful BRG claims, however, Marriott IT does not attached the points to a specific stay which is useless.

How can the screw up the simple things? Its 2018 for pete's sake.

Now I have to follow-up to find out which ones these pertain to and chase the outstanding ones....this all goes back to August with both phone calls and emails to follow-up.
remymartin likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat

Thabks for the reply. Actually the breakfast package tab wasnt showing for that hotel on the app but it was for the desktop. The competing rate was still much lower so Ive put in a claim. As both rates now have breakfast, I should get breakfast included if approved then.
yes you will. A lot of hotels have issues with that. Bring a printed copy of your reservation. The rate description will have the 'breakfast included' language. Make sure the LNF claim reply has that in there and/or it is listed in the reservation. Also point out the BF in the claim itself.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Another datapoint.

Overnight I received 15K points for 3 successful BRG claims, however, Marriott IT does not attached the points to a specific stay which is useless.

How can the screw up the simple things? Its 2018 for pete's sake.

Now I have to follow-up to find out which ones these pertain to and chase the outstanding ones....this all goes back to August with both phone calls and emails to follow-up.
You expected more? Marriott is only capable of listing points for 3 categories (base points, elite bonus and other). In OTHER, they combine welcome bonus, MAGC and any other bonuses. When you do a points redemption, they can't even show which property the points are for (which may not be a problem 2 days after redemption, but might be 2 months later when you're trying to figure out how much you paid because the email confirmation ALSO doesn't tell you how many points you paid)!

Has anyone figured out why some people say that Marriott website used to be excellent?
remymartin likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:28 am

First time submitting Look No Futher with Marriott and it looks like the rules are different to SPG BRG. Ive successfully claimed a number of SPG BRGs before, so I am familiar with the terms.

Look No Further was approved, but the agent only approved the 25% discount on the non-refundable rate on comparison site. They said its due to my original Marriott booking is flexible rate. (Always book refundable flex rate. in case BRG is denied, I can still cancel the booking without penalty).

Here is what they wrote,
With our terms and conditions, we will only compare the room type, amenities, deposit and cancellation policies on the competing website which match the one you booked on your reservation. Therefore, your claim was processedusingthe flexible room only rates on both websites. If you would like for us to compare the non-refundable rates on both websites, you will need to make a new reservation at this rate, and resubmit your claim for evaluation.

Checked Marriott website, they did not mention anything about the same deposite and cancellations policies,
  • 2) If you find a lower rate for the same hotel, same room type, and same reservation dates on a non-Marriott website or non-Marriott mobile app (Comparison Rate) you may submit a Best Rate Guarantee claim.
  • If we approve your claim, well match the Comparison rate AND give you your choice of either an extra 25% discount on the room (20% discount for Design Hotels) OR give you 5,000 Marriott Loyalty Program Points.
Should I try to dispute or submit a new claim? Has anyone had the same issue? Thanks!
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SPG changed their BRG policy to match Marriott’s LNF last May! Cancellation terms and room types must match.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Just did my first claim ever:

Hotel Name: The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Arrival Date: February 25, 2019
Departure Date: February 26, 2019
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: 1 Deluxe Room with two adults
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 65858.80 JPY
Competing Rate: 40,836.70 JPY
Actual Approved Rate: 30,627.53 JPY
LNF Award: 25% discount

Also the email says to show at the hotel and now my reservation details can't be seen online because it's a "complex rate". That's kind of not awesome, but whatever. Having to show the email at the hotel seems a bit odd though, I hope there's no fight about the rate.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
SPG changed their BRG policy to match Marriotts LNF last May! Cancellation terms and room types must match.
Thanks! Thats a bummer. Any ideas how the BRG works on prepaid rate? Do I get a refund after its approved?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fabamber

Thanks! Thats a bummer. Any ideas how the BRG works on prepaid rate? Do I get a refund after its approved?
I've never done one, but I know a lot of hotels don't charge your credit card immediately even on prepaid rates.
fabamber likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:02 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
It's been a while for me (over a year), but I did a Marriott LNF on a prepaid stay a while ago, and the way it worked was that the "excess" amount was held and would have been applied to room charges if I had incurred any, and the remainder was refunded to my credit card after my stay.

However this was over a year ago, and also as margarita girl notes, sometimes even on a non refundable rate, they may not charge your card right away, so YMMV.
fabamber likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.