FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:28 am
fabamber

First time submitting Look No Futher with Marriott and it looks like the rules are different to SPG BRG. I’ve successfully claimed a number of SPG BRGs before, so I am familiar with the terms.

Look No Further was approved, but the agent only approved the 25% discount on the non-refundable rate on comparison site. They said it’s due to my original Marriott booking is flexible rate. (Always book refundable flex rate. in case BRG is denied, I can still cancel the booking without penalty).

Here is what they wrote,
With our terms and conditions, we will only compare the room type, amenities, deposit and cancellation policies on the competing website which match the one you booked on your reservation. Therefore, your claim was processedusingthe flexible room only rates on both websites. If you would like for us to compare the non-refundable rates on both websites, you will need to make a new reservation at this rate, and resubmit your claim for evaluation.

Checked Marriott website, they did not mention anything about the same deposite and cancellations policies,
  • 2) If you find a lower rate for the same hotel, same room type, and same reservation dates on a non-Marriott website or non-Marriott mobile app (“Comparison Rate”) you may submit a Best Rate Guarantee claim.
  • If we approve your claim, we’ll match the Comparison rate AND give you your choice of either an extra 25% discount on the room (20% discount for Design Hotels) OR give you 5,000 Marriott Loyalty Program Points.
Should I try to dispute or submit a new claim? Has anyone had the same issue? Thanks!