Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
That is strange ... I actually encountered this previously and the package rate was cheaper than OTA and member room only was more expensive than OTA I submitted against the member room only ... it was approved ... maybe try to resubmit
Old Dec 9, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
So I have found a noncancellable rate that includes breakfast but the rate on Marriott website doesnt list a noncancellable rate with breakfast. The rate with the breakfast is lower than the one without on the Marriott site. Is there a secret list somewhere that includes with breakfast rates? I would prefer to ensure I get the breakfast included so I dont need to use my welcome amenity for it. If I just mention that there wasnt a breakfast rate will it be included if I get the BRG approved.?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:59 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Do i need to change ip address to us then search for competing websitte?

very few successful claim since the merger. They just keep saying they cannnot verify the lower rate (german site).

i miss the old days when spg brg team still intact. It might not be too fast but it’s reliable and straightforward.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by geminidreams
So I have found a noncancellable rate that includes breakfast but the rate on Marriott website doesnt list a noncancellable rate with breakfast. The rate with the breakfast is lower than the one without on the Marriott site. Is there a secret list somewhere that includes with breakfast rates? I would prefer to ensure I get the breakfast included so I dont need to use my welcome amenity for it. If I just mention that there wasnt a breakfast rate will it be included if I get the BRG approved.?
So I submitted a BRG and it was refused as they said they could not find the matching rate. Checked this morning and the rate is still there but this time without breakfast so cancelled the reservation and will try again.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:53 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, A3 Gold, M&M Senator
I just got an interesting mail. I got a LNF claim approved yesterday with -25%. Today I got an email from the hotel directly (long time Starwood). They are contacting me regarding the lower rate a found on a third party website. They saying the usual rates are always lowest on Marriott (until they're not) and they encourage me to book on the third party website and offer me 10% on that rate plus a complimentary suite upgrade. I've never had this and it seems pretty random...
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by canael
I just got an interesting mail. I got a LNF claim approved yesterday with -25%. Today I got an email from the hotel directly (long time Starwood). They are contacting me regarding the lower rate a found on a third party website. They saying the usual rates are always lowest on Marriott (until they're not) and they encourage me to book on the third party website and offer me 10% on that rate plus a complimentary suite upgrade. I've never had this and it seems pretty random...
Unless it’s a guaranteed upgrade at time of booking, I don’t see why you should take that offer: you can always get 25% off the competing rate, which is more than the 10% rebate the hotel is offering.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I want to share my LNF experience:

1, Booked a room with (Rate A) for 1 adult and 1 child on Marriott.com, the property is in Japan, aka 2nd guest charge apply.
2, Found a lower price on hotels.com, same room type, for 1 adult + 1 child, (Rate B).
3, Filed LNF claim
4, Got reply, stated Marriott.com's price is (Rate C), which is lower than hotels.com (Rate B), I found out his/her quote is based on 1 adult only, so I replied to that email and remind them.
5, Got reply, stated my reservation is at (Rate C), not (Rate A). I was so confused and opened my reservation on Marriott.com, only to found out they altered my reservation to 1 adult only and of course the rate is (Rate C) now. I went into to my mailbox and found reservation confirmation email, which clearly shows 1 adult + 1 child and (Rate A).

So, looks like someone altered my reservation without my knowledge and potentially put me in the situation of unable to checkin, just to deny my LNF claim? Anyone found this beyond ridiculous? What is my best next move? I was put on hold by PP line while typing this post, any input is greatly appreciated!
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gokeeper
So, looks like someone altered my reservation without my knowledge and potentially put me in the situation of unable to checkin, just to deny my LNF claim? Anyone found this beyond ridiculous? What is my best next move? I was put on hold by PP line while typing this post, any input is greatly appreciated!
IMHO, it is just over zealous and careless agent.

I had it happen once yet the agent alerted it to me in the denial email. He mentioned at the end that he changed my rate so that I could enjoy the lowest possible rate on Marriott.com. It was a prepay rate and I cancelled it right after I saw it.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TerryK
IMHO, it is just over zealous and careless agent.

I had it happen once yet the agent alerted it to me in the denial email. He mentioned at the end that he changed my rate so that I could enjoy the lowest possible rate on Marriott.com. It was a prepay rate and I cancelled it right after I saw it.
Thanks, actually I've been exchanging email with LNF for the past few days, I already let them know that I booked the room for 1+1 and they also confirmed (Rate B) for 1+1 on 3rd party website is legit, but still...

I have reviewed your claim using 1 adult/1child on Hotels.com the rate for your stay is (Rate B) plus taxes and fees. This rate is not lower than the Marriott rate using 1 adult for your stay of (Rate B) plus taxes and fees.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:20 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I’ve just had a First here. Booked a room at the Moxy London Excel for a single night on cancellable rate for £89 and then found a cheaper rate at £75 on a different website. Filled in the LNF form and it got rejected (something incidentally I’m finding more and more common recently) but this time on the basis Marriott.com was offering a cheaper non-refundable rate. When I looked at the new LNF wording I found it lists that the comparison must be between same hotel, same room & same dates - not a word about rates. In other words now it seems necessary to book the very cheapest rate even if the that’s non-cancellable, in order to obtain the rate. I virtually never book non-cancellable so for me this would be the end of LNF. Is this right?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
I’ve just had a First here. Booked a room at the Moxy London Excel for a single night on cancellable rate for £89 and then found a cheaper rate at £75 on a different website. Filled in the LNF form and it got rejected (something incidentally I’m finding more and more common recently) but this time on the basis Marriott.com was offering a cheaper non-refundable rate. When I looked at the new LNF wording I found it lists that the comparison must be between same hotel, same room & same dates - not a word about rates. In other words now it seems necessary to book the very cheapest rate even if the that’s non-cancellable, in order to obtain the rate. I virtually never book non-cancellable so for me this would be the end of LNF. Is this right?
You should take another at the LNF policy
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:48 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier

You should take another at the LNF policy
Heres the relevant paragraph from the T&Cs

5. When multiple rates for the same hotel, reservation dates, and room type are displayed on a Marriott web site, you must reserve the lowest rate to be eligible for the guarantee.

Obtained here https://www.marriott.co.uk/Channels/...e=UK_lnf_popup

Where else should I look?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: None - previously UA

5. When multiple rates for the same hotel, reservation dates, and room type are displayed on a Marriott web site, you must reserve the lowest rate to be eligible for the guarantee.

I usually just reserve regular rate and put something like . "Rate at 3rdparty.com is cheaper than any rate on Marriott.com incl prepaid." it seems to work.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 6:05 pm

Check number 3. SAME cancellation and advance purchase policies must apply.

margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
I am confused about reservations for 3 adults. Here is the situation. Marriott often adds an extra fee for the 3rd adult in the room, while many third-party websites don't.
One of my BRGs finally got approved, after many back and forth emails. First, they insisted that the third-party website has a hidden 3rd adult charge that would be charged directly at the hotel. After confirming that it's not the case, the BRG was approved. Yay.

Now, i am applying for a 100% identical BRG, and it's being denied for a totally different reason which makes me confused.
The Marriott rate is 106EUR + 40EUR 3rd adult fee = 146EUR plus tax
The third-party rate is 128EUR all taxes included, no 3rd adult fee.
Here's the excuse they come up with:

It is our policy, when checking rates for more than two guests in the room that we will make a comparison of the rates offered for two guests and for three guests. This policy allows us to determine if any additional fees for the extra person is included in the actual room rate offered rather that being added throughout the booking process. I can see that there was no rate change based on the number of guests in the room therefore allowing us to use the nightly room rate as it was shown (105.69 EUR plus VAT and City Tax). Please know that the room rate offered online with us does include the VAT imposed by this property so the tax was removed from this rate (88.33 EUR plus VAT and City Tax).

Why are they comparing the rate for 2 guests, if my reservation is for three?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.