Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2020, 2:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Trying to BRG a Family Room, Connecting Rooms at the Ren in Amsterdam. Better rate on hotels dot com, same dates, free cancellation, pay at hotel.. everything the same.

Came back that the room I booked doesn't exist on hotels dot com.

The Family Room, Connecting Rooms is in actuality 1 king room connecting to a 2 twin room and shows up as 2 rooms under My Trips once booked. Is this causing the agent some confusion trying to locate the room or when comparing it to my actual booking? Any idea how to find out or explain it? The second room 2 bed room has a different confirmation number, but no cost.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 12:32 pm

Hotel Name: Cosmopolitan Hotel Las Vegas
Date of stay: Sept 2020 - 2 nights
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: City Room, 2 Queens
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $380 before taxes/resort fee
Competing Rate: $240 before taxes/resort fee
Actual Approved Rate: $180 before taxes/resort fee
Old Sep 27, 2020, 2:03 pm

Programs: Aegean Gold, United Mileage Plus Silver, Privilege Club Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite (LTP)
Hotel Name: The Westin Grand, Berlin
Date of stay: 06-NOV to 08-11-2020
Number of Guests: 1
Room Type: Deluxe
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 290.40 EUR incl tax & city tax
Competing Rate: 186.26 EUR incl tax & city tax
Actual Approved Rate:
139.71 EUR incl. tax & city tax

Hotel Name: London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Date of stay: 04-OCT to 06-OCT-2020
Room Type: Deluxe
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 180 GBP incl tax
Competing Rate: 147.07 GBP incl
Actual Approved Rate:
110.30 GBP incl. tax
Old Sep 28, 2020, 8:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Hotel Name: Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge (Canada)
Date of stay: Oct. 2020 2 nights
Number of Guests: 3
Room Type: Studio, 1 King, Sofa bed, Harbor view
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 213 CAD per night plus taxes
Competing Rate: 195.40 CAD per night plus taxes
Actual Approved Rate: 146.55 CAD per night plus taxes

First time using the BRG claim form, pleased with the service. Thanks for all the advice in this thread. Will look for this deal in the future now
margarita girl and pluu1285 like this.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: Aegean Gold, United Mileage Plus Silver, Privilege Club Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite (LTP)
Hotel Name: Aloft Stuttgart
Date of stay: 11-DEC to 12-DEC-2020
Room Type: Urban
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 113 EUR incl tax
Competing Rate: 91.05 GBP incl tax (99.73 EUR)
Actual Approved Rate: 78.12 EUR incl. tax
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by mjrobson
Trying to BRG a Family Room, Connecting Rooms at the Ren in Amsterdam. Better rate on hotels dot com, same dates, free cancellation, pay at hotel.. everything the same.

Came back that the room I booked doesn't exist on hotels dot com.

The Family Room, Connecting Rooms is in actuality 1 king room connecting to a 2 twin room and shows up as 2 rooms under My Trips once booked. Is this causing the agent some confusion trying to locate the room or when comparing it to my actual booking? Any idea how to find out or explain it? The second room 2 bed room has a different confirmation number, but no cost.
They finally found the room, but still denied the claim because the room cost was less, net of taxes and city fees. I don't know how a room can cost less net of taxes/fees, but cost 50$ more per night after taxes when the tax percentage is the same. I'll just book an AirBnB instead.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Zurich35
Competing Rate: 91.05 GBP incl tax (99.73 EUR)
Actual Approved Rate: 78.12 EUR incl. tax
You have a pretty low opinion of the value of 5,000 Marriott points...
Old Oct 7, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I had a claim approved at the Renaissance Palm Springs last week. (Booking. Com) Unfortunately, the next day, I received a call from the hotel telling me they saw my open case with Marriott and do not honor "third party rates.". This is the second time I've had a hotel tell me they're not going to honor BRG and is frustrating. Followed up with BRG and a few days later they told me not to worry and that the claim was approved. But honestly it makes me worry and feel uncomfortable about the stay, and that the hotel will treat me poorly if they honor it at all.

Hotel name: Renaissance Palm Springs
Dates of Stay: 10/24-26
Room type: King with pool view
Guests: 1
Marriott Rate: 284.00
Comparison rate: 179.00
Approved rate: 130.50
Old Oct 7, 2020, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
I had a claim approved at the Renaissance Palm Springs last week. (Booking. Com) Unfortunately, the next day, I received a call from the hotel telling me they saw my open case with Marriott and do not honor "third party rates.". This is the second time I've had a hotel tell me they're not going to honor BRG and is frustrating. Followed up with BRG and a few days later they told me not to worry and that the claim was approved. But honestly it makes me worry and feel uncomfortable about the stay, and that the hotel will treat me poorly if they honor it at all.

New rate: 130.50
There is no valid reason for them to treat you poorly or not honor rate.
But I would keep a hard copy of your BRG email as well as Marriott reservation reflecting new rate.

Two years ago a reservation on my account never updated to reflect lower rate. I did have my paperwork but was not needed as hotel did have the BRG rate in their system.

Enjoy your stay!
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 12:51 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold

Some hotels don't understand how the BRG process work. I've had similar emails in the past where the hotel contacted me for the same thing. It's just they don't know that the email sent by the BRG team was an FYI, where they think it's an FYA.

Just let them know to contact the BRG team for any clarifications.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 1:42 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott

It's very poor form for hotels to be doing this. I reported cases of it happening to me at one particular European Marriott back in March. It was escalated with Marriott and the GM was ultimately in touch with me. In addition to getting some points in compensation, my stay was entirely comped (only two nights, one of which was on points). Part of this was due to a billing issue where a hold equal to almost 10 times my room was placed on my card and not removed, such that the charge landed on my credit card in full.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 6:33 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Marriott hotel name: Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki Beach
Check-in date: 2020-11-06
Check-out date: 2020-11-15
Marriott rate reserved: 147
Currency: US DOLLAR (USD)
COMPARISON RATE INFORMATION
Lower rate found or reserved: 137
Rate found by LNF team: 138.78 USD per night + taxes and fees

Rate with 25% off reward: 104.09 USD per night + taxes and fees

I'm going to help this reservation for now, but would pay $100 more for the Sheraton Waikiki, Moana Surfrider or Royal Hawaiian

--

Marriott hotel name: COURTYARD OAHU NORTH SHORE
Check-in date: 2020-11-06
Check-out date: 2020-11-15
Marriott rate reserved: 225
COMPARISON RATE INFORMATION
Lower rate found or reserved: 190
Rate verified by BRG team: $184 USD plus taxes and fees, per night
Rate confirmed with reward: $138 USD plus taxes and fees, per night

After I submitted this claim, I realized how far this hotel is from everything and will be looking for better options.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 8:31 pm

Has anyone ever had success with best price guarantee?

Ugh. I booked a $50 higher rate on Marriott based on the platinum line saying they can match. I submitted screenshots with it but... Today the rates at both Marriott.com and booking.com went up.

The match is only good if the rate is still good a few days later when they check.

The customer service really has good downhill since the Westin days. The platinum line was unhelpful.

Any suggestions?
Old Oct 8, 2020, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Ski_Bum
Ugh. I booked a $50 higher rate on Marriott based on the platinum line saying they can match. I submitted screenshots with it but... Today the rates at both Marriott.com and booking.com went up.

The match is only good if the rate is still good a few days later when they check.

The customer service really has good downhill since the Westin days. The platinum line was unhelpful.

Any suggestions?
cancel, rebook, and redo the BRG? As far as I know, you can’t submit a screenshot as proof. I’ve had good results with BRG with responses within hours. Also had some bad experiences. YMMV.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 9:12 pm

Yeah - good call. I'm just going to cancel this one and go with a different hotel... Out of spite over $50 dollars. Lol.

They basically checked the price match about 20 hours later and the rates went up by then so it was a no go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.