Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2020, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by chongl
"Marriott may deny claims where the difference between the Comparison Rate and the Marriott rate is less than $1. Rate disparities primarily attributable to fluctuations and/or differences in currency exchange rates are excluded from the guarantee."

At what point is it not considered a currency fluctuation? $5, $10, $20? How far back are they looking for the acceptable range of rate? If it's a fluctuation, then the price should be updating once a day or some regular interval...it has not and has remained listed at $649.
Rates are always compared on a nightly basis (not the aggregate amount for the whole stay) and without any added taxes or fees. So the $1 minimum difference should be assessed on the nightly pre-tax rate, as should any considerations regarding fluctuations of the exchange rate (there no specific value for that, it is up to the agent’s discretion).
Old Aug 10, 2020, 3:04 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
Rates are always compared on a nightly basis (not the aggregate amount for the whole stay) and without any added taxes or fees. So the $1 minimum difference should be assessed on the nightly pre-tax rate, as should any considerations regarding fluctuations of the exchange rate (there no specific value for that, it is up to the agent’s discretion).
Not that it matters since I'm at the mercy of Marriott, but the rate I posted was per night (both nights are same rate, pre-tax and pre-fees). Only thing they can try and pull is the currency fluctuation, which again is relatively nebulous. I'm going to prod a little and see what happens. Maybe I'll get a sympathetic agent.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 3:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
The old SPG rules used to be 1% or $1 as a minimum difference - whichever is higher. I think that’s reasonable. Not $1 on a $600+ nightly rate.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 3:53 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
That's completely reasonable to me...I wouldn't have a problem with it if it was stated clearly in their terms and conditions. They sneak changes anyway, so this is one I would welcome with open arms to provide more clarity and make it less subjective. Thanks for the insight
Old Aug 16, 2020, 11:34 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Sorry, but am I able to claim 2 rooms under BRG ( 2 nights). I have qualified for the rate but my friend is not concerned about points so I am thinking about booking both under my name. Very sorry if this is mentioned somewhere. (TZOO non-voucher/choose a date). Thank you very much,
Old Aug 17, 2020, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by reggiekush
Sorry, but am I able to claim 2 rooms under BRG ( 2 nights). I have qualified for the rate but my friend is not concerned about points so I am thinking about booking both under my name. Very sorry if this is mentioned somewhere. (TZOO non-voucher/choose a date). Thank you very much,
Yes. I chose 2 rooms when I made the reservation on Marriott.com.

i have also done it with 2 separate reservations in the past.
Intl359Widget and reggiekush like this.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 1:06 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Hotel Name: Le Méridien Versailles (Montreal, Quebec)
Arrival Date: August 21, 2021
Departure Date: August 23, 2021
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: Classic, Guest room, 1 Queen
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $161(CAD/pre-tax)
Competing Rate: $105 (CAD/pre-tax)
Approved Rate: $80 (CAD/pre-tax)

Thanks to those who helped me with my questions

Last edited by reggiekush; Aug 17, 2020 at 1:25 pm
Old Aug 17, 2020, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
IME as long as you don't do both BRGs concurrently, there is a much better chance of both going through. But yes... the T&Cs are clear.
I still got nailed doing exactly this a few days ago. Prior night had been BRG-ed1 month ago.

Marriott still matched rate, but no 5k points. Same city, different hotel: 1st night was Sheraton, 2nd night was for 4Pts by

Last edited by medellinfein; Aug 18, 2020 at 12:23 am
Old Aug 17, 2020, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by medellinfein
I still got nailed doing exactly this a few days ago. Prev match had been 1 month ago.

Still matched rate, but no 5k points. Same city, different hotel: 1st night was Sheraton, 2nd was for 4Pts by
Did you have the stay, and not get the 5k points? Or are you simply at claim stage and have been advised that you won't get the 5k? If the latter, you still might get lucky. The former... not much to be done.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Or are you simply at claim stage and have been advised that you won't get the 5k?
Claim. No Biggie. Did not realize that bouncing hotels in the same city |----> still rejected

btw, besides obviously being the same week, the nights were consecutive. Perhaps if i had left a gap of a day....
Old Aug 25, 2020, 10:41 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
My first Brg this year and it was successful Hopefully Covid19 can slow down and won't disturb my little trip to the capital.

Hotel Name: Nobis hotel Stockholm (Design hotel)
Date of stay: December
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: Standard double including breakfast
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 2688 kr
Competing Rate: 2035 kr
Actual Approved Rate: 1628 kr (20% off)

I'm glad DH are back in the Brg game even though it's just 20% instead of the usual 25%
Old Aug 25, 2020, 1:37 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Marriott hotel name: Le Meridien New York Central Park
Marriott rate reserved: 851.68 (4 nights 2 Guests)
Currency: US DOLLAR (USD)
Approved rate: $99.53 USD plus taxes and fees

Rate also includes Breakfast so pretty pleased.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Marriott hotel name: Le Meridien New York Central Park
Marriott rate reserved: 851.68 (4 nights 2 Guests)
Currency: US DOLLAR (USD)
Approved rate: $99.53 USD plus taxes and fees

Rate also includes Breakfast so pretty pleased.
that's a pretty good rate....i was looking to book this property for a stay next month....would appreciate if you could pm me where you found the rate....
Old Aug 28, 2020, 7:21 pm

Is anyone else having an issue with not getting a response within ~24 hours? The second time this week I have been told it may take up to 3-4 days, ie. I made a claim yesterday at 4pm EST and called at 9pm EST and they said I must wait until Sunday or Monday. I am worried that my rate will disappear. Has there been any workaround if anyone has been in this situation before? Also are we able to submit more than one BRG at a time (different dates & hotel) or should we wait for one to be accepted/denied first? Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 9:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
You can submit as many claims as you want, as long as it’s different dates/hotels.

If calling doesn’t speed up the process, you can try replying to an older claim email, the reply should go to the same department. But it probably won’t help if it’s the same incompetent/overworked department handling the case.

Anyway, isn’t there a new rule that if they don’t reply within X hours, the claim has to be approved automatically?
reggiekush likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.