Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2020, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I submitted a claim for a 2 Double, City View room, but it was denied because the 1 King, City View room was cheaper on Marriott's site than the competing rate and the agent claimed that "we do not compare bedding type, only room type."

Is that true? I was under the impression that bedding was a component of room type...
Old Nov 15, 2020, 2:19 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
Originally Posted by aacar
I submitted a claim for a 2 Double, City View room, but it was denied because the 1 King, City View room was cheaper on Marriott's site than the competing rate and the agent claimed that "we do not compare bedding type, only room type."

Is that true? I was under the impression that bedding was a component of room type...
That is not true, just a bad agent! Just cancel, rebook and resubmit.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveMidknight
That is not true, just a bad agent! Just cancel, rebook and resubmit.
Thanks, that worked
Old Nov 17, 2020, 8:36 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Hotel Name: The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort
Date of stay: Thursday, December 3, 2020 - Sunday, December 13, 2020
Number of Guests: Two
Room Type: Historic Room King, Guest room, 1 King, No view, Historic Wing
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $274
Competing Rate: $259.95
Actual Approved Rate: $194.96

I also got a BRG for the same dates for nearly the same amount at the Moana Surfrider, but the Suite Night Award Options are better at the Royal Hawaiian.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Hotel Name: Sheraton Maria Isabel, Mexico City
Date of stay: November XX, 2020
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: Business Deluxe King
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $116 USD
Competing Rate: $94 USD
Actual Approved Rate: $94 USD
Reward Selected: 5,000 points

- this is my first BRG claim in many months and the approval turn around time was within 12 hours
An odd datapoint.

None of my stays have posted since I arrived in Mexico last month, not one.

However, the 5K points for this successful BRG claim did not yesterday...and the stay is still missing.

Any thoughts?
Old Nov 18, 2020, 10:08 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
It happens, has nothing to do with the BRG. Just contact the hotel and/or customer service.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 11:31 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
zenhotels.com

Got 2 BRG submissions (against zenhotels.com rate) rejected. They claimed bookings on zenhotels.com can't be confirmed immediately thus against T&C. So to prove them wrong, I literally made a booking on zenhotels.com and replied them with screenshot of my zenhotels.com confirmation and charge on my credit card. They still insist on it's against T&C. Ugghhh...
Old Nov 21, 2020, 11:35 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by hw711
Got 2 BRG submissions (against zenhotels.com rate) rejected. They claimed bookings on zenhotels.com can't be confirmed immediately thus against T&C. So to prove them wrong, I literally made a booking on zenhotels.com and replied them with screenshot of my zenhotels.com confirmation and charge on my credit card. They still insist on it's against T&C. Ugghhh...
zenhotels.com has been on naughty list for a long, long time.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hw711
Zenhotels is never eligible for BRGs anywhere. Not instantly confirmed IIRC and therefore completely against T&Cs, although it is amusing that you misinterpreted the BRG rules so fully as to actually make a booking through them.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 10:12 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Hotel Name: Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, Waikiki Beach
Date of stay: Thursday, December 3, 2020 - Sunday, December 13, 2020
Room Type: Historic Banyan King Room, Guest room, 1 King, City view
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $247.00 USD
Competing Rate:$220.00 USD
Actual Approved Rate: $165.00 USD

I'm now trying to decide between this and paying $194.96 USD at the Royal Hawaiian, because I didn't get the best service at the Moana Surfrider last time.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 8:30 pm

I just got two more claims approved at the Moana--I'm currently planning to split my winter almost entirely between Vail, CO and Hawaii!

Date of stay: Saturday, March 20, 2021 - Sunday, March 21, 2021
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $295 USD
Competing Rate:$229.09 USD
Actual Approved Rate: $171.82 USD

Date of stay: Saturday, February 6, 2021 - Monday, February 15, 2021
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $295 USD
Competing Rate:$257.03 USD
Actual Approved Rate: $192.77 USD
Old Nov 30, 2020, 3:32 pm

Hotel Name: Town Hall Hotel & Apartments, London, a Member of Design Hotels™
Date of stay: September 2021, 3 days
Room Type: Double Room, Guest room, 1 Queen
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $135 GBP per night including VAT
Competing Rate: $114.07 GBP per night including VAT
Actual Approved Rate: $91.26 GBP including VAT (20% off at Design Hotels)

First ever BRG and success!
Old Nov 30, 2020, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by langdon0630
Hotel Name: Town Hall Hotel & Apartments, London, a Member of Design Hotels™
Date of stay: September 2021, 3 days
Room Type: Double Room, Guest room, 1 Queen
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $135 GBP per night including VAT
Competing Rate: $114.07 GBP per night including VAT
Actual Approved Rate: $91.26 GBP including VAT (20% off at Design Hotels)

First ever BRG and success!
Well done mate!
Old Dec 1, 2020, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
to all the brg regulars, let me know what you think of the following....

marriott is offering a $98 per night pre-paid rate that can be cancelled 24 hours prior to check in for a full refund....however pre payment for the full stay is required....their cheapest rate where no pre payment is required is $110 a night....

the third party website is also offering a $98 per night rate but no pre payment is required....this too comes with a 24 hour cancellation policy....

i booked the $110 rate & filed a brg against the lower rate on the third party website....the claim was denied stating that the same rate with the same cancellation policy is available on marriott as well....that fact is not up for dispute however marriott requires a pre payment of the entire stay whereas the other website does not....so how can both these rates be treated as the same????
Old Dec 1, 2020, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Keyser
to all the brg regulars, let me know what you think of the following....

marriott is offering a $98 per night pre-paid rate that can be cancelled 24 hours prior to check in for a full refund....however pre payment for the full stay is required....their cheapest rate where no pre payment is required is $110 a night....

the third party website is also offering a $98 per night rate but no pre payment is required....this too comes with a 24 hour cancellation policy....

i booked the $110 rate & filed a brg against the lower rate on the third party website....the claim was denied stating that the same rate with the same cancellation policy is available on marriott as well....that fact is not up for dispute however marriott requires a pre payment of the entire stay whereas the other website does not....so how can both these rates be treated as the same????
Works both ways. I’ve had BRGs approved where the OTA required prepayment (even on a flex rate) and Marriott didn’t. It’s irrelevant. Sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.