Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Login Issues

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
just talked with a property I went last week about missing points, they told me it's a total mess because the system does not have the new member account number and they will try to do it manually but they were surprised to see that the system was not updated (SPG property)
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I wonder how much money they saved by using garbage outsourced IT and poor quality testing? Probably not as much as they are loosing by customers going and booking with competitors because their website is down and unusable.
jr1202sr likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:59 am
N8M

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, HHonors Gold, AC 25K
I've been trying to make bookings since the 'go-live' date on the weekend without any success. Fortunately this is for leisure travel that is a ways off still. If it were for business, ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

If I were part of the project team dealing with the cutover, i'd be fearing for my job right now!
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by frenchft
just talked with a property I went last week about missing points, they told me it's a total mess because the system does not have the new member account number and they will try to do it manually but they were surprised to see that the system was not updated (SPG property)
A "normal" IT approach would be a system in which hotels continue to submit transactions with whatever account number is associated with a guest's stay — old SPG number, new SPG number, or Rewards number —and for the system upstream to use cross-reference tables to post that transaction correctly.

This doesn't seem like rocket science. It should not be a "total mess."
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Horace
A "normal" IT approach would be a system in which hotels continue to submit transactions with whatever account number is associated with a guest's stay — old SPG number, new SPG number, or Rewards number —and for the system upstream to use cross-reference tables to post that transaction correctly.

I totally agree. Fortunately, my next stay is in September 7: I hope for that time all these "issues" have been solved.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by Horace

of course... totally agree
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
I can sign in again with both accounts.

Oddly, the primary page when I sign in with my Rewards account still incorrectly indicates "Platinum Elite" — even though all references to my status elsewhere on the website correctly indicate "Platinum Premier Elite" or "Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite." One would think this would be very easy to fix, given that the website obviously has access to the correct information.

Also, oddly, the primary page when I sign in with my SPG account indicates "Platinum Elite" — even though have never had status higher than Gold with SPG. I linked my accounts in 2016, but I'm holding off on combining them until the system appears to be more stable.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
My SPG account remains impossible to log into - web or app.

Ho hum.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Well, I was finally able to log on to my SPG & Marriott accounts just now, but something else is now seriously wrong. I confirmed my SPG balance with a rep yesterday at approximately 200,000 points, yet both accounts show a balance of 17,777 ??? And it shows my last (and ONLY) stay as Marriott Brussels 5/15-18/ 2018, I haven't been to Belgium for 3 years! None of my Marriott or Starwood activity is showing. Will try to contact them, but considering yesterday I was on hold for over 40 minutes (before hanging up), not sure what else I can do.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by typical
My SPG account remains impossible to log into - web or app.

Ho hum.
I've been on the desktop site and did it last night. Wait a couple of days if you don't have any bookings in mind?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
I have no problem logging into my SPG account on the app or the web. However, I can only log into my Marriott account via the app - the exact same credentials don’t work on the web.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Just got SPG on the phone, and they confirmed the correct balance, which is 3 x's larger due to MR conversion. She also gave me my altogether NEW number. So the 17,000 balance most likely is my old acct number that was assigned to someone else.... that has my same first name??? Still can't getbMR on the line, and it was suggested that I wait a week or two before combining accounts. She also explained that the linking done last year, had nothing to do with combining the two.

Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by mauld
Well, I was finally able to log on to my SPG & Marriott accounts just now, but something else is now seriously wrong. I confirmed my SPG balance with a rep yesterday at approximately 200,000 points, yet both accounts show a balance of 17,777 ??? And it shows my last (and ONLY) stay as Marriott Brussels 5/15-18/ 2018, I haven't been to Belgium for 3 years! None of my Marriott or Starwood activity is showing. Will try to contact them, but considering yesterday I was on hold for over 40 minutes (before hanging up), not sure what else I can do.
Originally Posted by mauld
Just got SPG on the phone, and they confirmed the correct balance, which is 3 x's larger due to MR conversion. She also gave me my altogether NEW number. So the 17,000 balance most likely is my old acct number that was assigned to someone else.... that has my same first name??? Still can't getbMR on the line, and it was suggested that I wait a week or two before combining accounts. She also explained that the linking done last year, had nothing to do with combining the two.
Sounds like classic Marriott brokenness from cookies associated with other accounts. I used to see something similar if my DW logged in with “remember me” checked, and I logged in on the same device after she logged out. System would show a mix of her info/activity & mine.

PRO TIP: Always uncheck “remember me” when you log in.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Another tip for those that have not combined accounts, be sure to log out of your accounts when done, that should get you a login screen asking for username/email. Many sites I use will remember my user info if I just close the window or surf elsewhere so the cookies remain set. Logging out seems to clear that info and sets me up for a new session. At least this seems to work for me.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Marriott Rewards Twitter suggested I reset my password. Password reset form doesn't work.

Siiiiigh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.