Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To view your cumulative years of status at each level, log into your Marriott or SPG account and then visit https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi

Until you merge accounts, the summary will show only the stats for whichever legacy program account you’re logged into (and not your combined totals in the new program).

Why does my Marriott lifetime elite total show several years of Plat status? I was Gold in the past, but never earned Plat.
Confusingly, Marriott has changed the terminology for elite levels in the new program. In the past, Gold meant you had 50+ nights in one year; going forward, Gold is the 25-night level & members who stay 50+ nights are Plat.

As a result, all prior years at the old, harder-to-earn Gold level are treated as Plat in the new program. Here’s how Starwood Lurker explained things in the wiki (FAQ B4) at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...tml#lifeheader:
Past years at applicable Marriott Rewards and Ritz-Carlton Rewards Elite Night levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Silver Elite (10 nights) Years count as Silver Elite
Years at Gold Elite (50 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Elite (75 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Premier Elite (unpublished) Years count as Platinum Elite
Past years in SPG Elite levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Gold Preferred (25 nights) Years count as Gold Elite
Years at Platinum Preferred (50/75/100 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
The years that members achieved Elite status due to credit cards will count towards Lifetime status.
Print Wikipost

Years of status is available

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: SPG gold, Marriott platinum
I can tell you mine definitely does include the year I did a platinum buy back.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Mine - if correct - almost certainly includes both Marriott comped years ("you came close to requalifying, so we'll give it to you") as well as Marriott soft landing years.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Sb232313
Originally Posted by swag
Mine - if correct - almost certainly includes both Marriott comped years ("you came close to requalifying, so we'll give it to you") as well as Marriott soft landing years.
Thanks. That gives me hope that my total will be adjusted.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
I'm not really concerned as we are only a couple days in, but like others, my SPG LT Gold status seems to be missing and I'm easily over the thresholds for LTP just with my legacy MR nights and years (showing on the App, but not if I use the link to see them using a browser). There is definitely a difference between the browser link and the Apps (at least in my case). Note that I don't show as LT anything anywhere, so I have to use the link from this thread.

Currently:
Lifetime statistics from Marriott app
Nights: 725
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 18
Years as Gold or Platinum: 14
Years as Platinum: 14

Lifetime statistics from Marriott browser
Nights: 725
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 0
Years as Gold or Platinum: 0
Years as Platinum: 0

Lifetime statistics from SPG app
Nights: 308
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 0
Years as Gold or Platinum: 0
Years as Platinum: 0

Lifetime statistics from SPG browser
Nights: 308
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 5
Years as Gold or Platinum: 4
Years as Platinum: 4

I'm pretty sure that earlier today my years were showing in the SPG App, but now they aren't. I'd also note that according to the old SPG website, I had 5 years gold/plat and of those, only 3 were Plat, not 4 as the browser shows.

Interestingly, both accounts show me a Plat status, so they have that correct, or at least correct in my mind. I was MR Gold from RewardsPlus (as a UA Gold) and SPG Gold from LTG, so they seem to have taken my highest status for now.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Sb232313
I was just told by a rep that buy-back years definitely do NOT count; are you sure?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
What a rep told you and what IT actually pushed into production could be miles apart...
beltway and cruisr like this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:41 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
The merge isn't finished yet so some reporting missing years and some reporting unexpected additional years. So those with more than expected years credited - don't get hopes up it will stay that way. Those with fewer than expected years - don't get all upset because updates are continuing.
Seabilly likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by X-ON
What a rep told you and what IT actually pushed into production could be miles apart...
Yes, I know, but given that my status years are showing short of what they "should" be, I'm trying to gather info. If Sb's did include a buy-back year, that's helpful info. I mentioned what the rep said in order to explain to Sb why I was repeating my question. (She has since come back on the line after a lengthy interlude with her manager who is telling her that buy-backs, Tastes, and challenges are all ineligible - didn't mention soft landings.... And that the count on the app is correct. The only way it is correct is if they aren't including at least some of those.)
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Apologies if I missed in my search of this thread - does the “Lifetime Status” pop up include yr of x status thresholds crossed in 2018 thus far? My now combined account shows 9 yrs Plat and I just crossed 51 nights in early August for this year. So does that 9 include this year (and I have another yr to chase), or am I now at LT Plat after merger dust settles or eoy? Thanks!

edit: newly combined page shows LT Gold (previous SPG designation), and yes, I have the requisite total nts for LT Plat (710).

Last edited by tcdtcd; Aug 20, 2018 at 6:12 pm Reason: Misspelling
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
Yes, I know, but given that my status years are showing short of what they "should" be, I'm trying to gather info. If Sb's did include a buy-back year, that's helpful info. I mentioned what the rep said in order to explain to Sb why I was repeating my question. (She has since come back on the line after a lengthy interlude with her manager who is telling her that buy-backs, Tastes, and challenges are all ineligible - didn't mention soft landings.... And that the count on the app is correct. The only way it is correct is if they aren't including at least some of those.)
Status match years aren't supposed to count, and yet they do, from 2016/2017 when I matched from MR Plat to SPG Plat and they count separately (2x, 1x for MR, 1x for SPG) in the years I did so.
Could be a temporary bug, could be IT pushing out something differently, but I definitely wouldn't pursue any positive IT difference out with MR support.
(Not that it matters for me, I qualified on old MR LTP [750 nights + 2M points] criteria rather than the new criteria [750 nights + 10 yrs @ PLT]w).
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: SPG gold, Marriott platinum
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
I was just told by a rep that buy-back years definitely do NOT count; are you sure?
I just know what’s in my account and my buy back year counted even if they claim it wasn’t supposed to count.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Has anyone seen their status matched years double counted? In my case, I only had two years of SPG Plat status due to the match from MR account. In my SPG app, the two matched years were showing up in the LT count.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by naumank
Has anyone seen their status matched years double counted? In my case, I only had two years of SPG Plat status due to the match from MR account. In my SPG app, the two matched years were showing up in the LT count.
Not me. My only SPG Plat year was from the match from Marriott, and when I log in to the website with my SPG credentials, it correctly shows years platinum = 0.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by naumank
I think yes, plus also my Gold years via UA Rewards plus - it's the only explanation I have for showing 4 years as MR Gold even though this year was my first year of real status w/them.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA: 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador, Platinum IHG. Diamond: Hilton. Silver: Delta & Hyatt
Anyone Merged yet that can show how accounts combine? I have 11 years SPG Platinum in the APP same as before 8/18 and LT Platinum with 528 Nights and 9 years Marriott Platinum. Old system 2035000 MR Points (Pushed Hard Since the beginning of the year) and 698 nights. If pushing for LTPP do I need to hit 750 MR nights this year or will I get it when accounts combine? I have 82 MR Nights this year and 55 SPG Nights this year. Seems I should get it either way by year but do not want to screw it up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.