Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To view your cumulative years of status at each level, log into your Marriott or SPG account and then visit https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi

Until you merge accounts, the summary will show only the stats for whichever legacy program account youre logged into (and not your combined totals in the new program).

Why does my Marriott lifetime elite total show several years of Plat status? I was Gold in the past, but never earned Plat.
Confusingly, Marriott has changed the terminology for elite levels in the new program. In the past, Gold meant you had 50+ nights in one year; going forward, Gold is the 25-night level & members who stay 50+ nights are Plat.

As a result, all prior years at the old, harder-to-earn Gold level are treated as Plat in the new program. Heres how Starwood Lurker explained things in the wiki (FAQ B4) at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...tml#lifeheader:
Past years at applicable Marriott Rewards and Ritz-Carlton Rewards Elite Night levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Silver Elite (10 nights) Years count as Silver Elite
Years at Gold Elite (50 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Elite (75 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Premier Elite (unpublished) Years count as Platinum Elite
Past years in SPG Elite levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Gold Preferred (25 nights) Years count as Gold Elite
Years at Platinum Preferred (50/75/100 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
The years that members achieved Elite status due to credit cards will count towards Lifetime status.
Print Wikipost

Years of status is available

Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by ajwright
It's a bit buried. After you login go to the Overview page, scroll down the page to just below the section with an overview of your current status and there should a lifetime bar. Mine says "You are Lifetime Silver Elite", not sure what it will say if you don't have any lifetime status - I assume it will still be there.
Does not appear to be any such equivalent for those of us without life status atm.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:40 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Thanks @ajwright

It seem that it depends on whether you log in using your Marriott or SPG credentials. Same website but different data showing.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott LT Gold
Can only speak for iOS users but the new SPG and Marriott apps are available to download.

Each app separately shows my "Lifetime Status" with "Nights" and "Years as Silver Elite or Higher" numbers. I don't have lifetime status now but the numbers I see give me confidence that I'll pick up lifetime silver when I merge accounts.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:08 am

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Hope this is a work in process because my member since date and lifetime stays and elite years count is way off.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by tattikat2
Hope this is a work in process because my member since date and lifetime stays and elite years count is way off.
Mine is way off too I think. I think that for me the years at the various status levels is only with SPG data and the nights is only Marriott.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:16 am

It seems like the Year as Platinum doesn't count the year when I finished the platinum challenge.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:27 am
Suspended

Ive added a short wiki to highlight the helpful URL posted by ajwright.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
The only glaring mistake I'm seeing is, on the Marriott side, 6 years of Plat AND 6 years of Plat and Gold. The latter could be true if UA RewardsPlus Gold is being counted, but the former number is total bunk. I'm not LT anything on SPG and cannot locate yearly numbers to see if they transferred accurately.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I'm still seeing different numbers in the SPG and Marriott apps too, wonder when those will be added together.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dsquared37
The only glaring mistake I'm seeing is, on the Marriott side, 6 years of Plat AND 6 years of Plat and Gold. The latter could be true if UA RewardsPlus Gold is being counted, but the former number is total bunk. I'm not LT anything on SPG and cannot locate yearly numbers to see if they transferred accurately.
Maybe I’m missing something, but shouldn’t those two numbers on the Marriott side be equivalent for everyone at this point? There wasn’t a 25-night level (new Gold) before, so your years of (new) Plat—including past years at (old 50-night) Gold—should be identical to Plat&Gold years.

In other words, only going forward will people accumulate credit years of (new 25-night) Gold status.

Right?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Interesting that we I clicked on this link (https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi), I see 0s for the years. In mobile apps, the years are correct.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:12 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
It does not show my award nights in the count. that might be the discrepancy
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
Maybe Im missing something, but shouldnt those two numbers on the Marriott side be equivalent for everyone at this point? There wasnt a 25-night level (new Gold) before, so your years of (new) Platincluding past years at (old 50-night) Goldshould be identical to Plat&Gold years.

In other words, only going forward will people accumulate credit years of (new 25-night) Gold status.

Right?
You're right, I was looking at it from a legacy MR perspective, where I was Plat only 1 year, and that's a vision I need to do away with. Guess I'm looking at LTPP for whatever that's worth.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Im not sure I understand you. Does it make a difference to your argument if one notes that It says 6 years as Gold or Platinum? Also I have never had any earned status on Marriott (Matched Gold from UA & more recently Matched Plat from SPG) and Im also showing 5 years as Platinum.

Originally Posted by beltway
Maybe Im missing something, but shouldnt those two numbers on the Marriott side be equivalent for everyone at this point? There wasnt a 25-night level (new Gold) before, so your years of (new) Platincluding past years at (old 50-night) Goldshould be identical to Plat&Gold years.

Right?
There may be some rare exceptions but otherwise this makes sense.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kilo

Im not sure I understand you. Does it make a difference to your argument if one notes that It says 6 years as Gold or Platinum? Also I have never had any earned status on Marriott (Matched Gold from UA & more recently Matched Plat from SPG) and Im also showing 5 years as Platinum.
Let me spell out my post: UA gave Gold, which I had for 4 or 5 years (turns out 5 but I wasn't sure). Only one year was Plat and in that context then the 6 years of Plat was an anomaly. However since old Gold is now new Plat, in that context, as Beltway mentioned, it's as accurate as I can tell.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.