Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Suite Upgrade Policy (New)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Give suite night upgrades to family?

Is it possible to use my suite night certificates to upgrade my dad's reservation that he booked under his name? (I won't be staying with him.)
Old Aug 24, 2019, 6:07 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by eethan
Is it possible to use my suite night certificates to upgrade my dad's reservation that he booked under his name? (I won't be staying with him.)
No.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Marriott Warsaw & AC Riga

I am having serious problems with using SNA with these 2 hotels.
When I first do the SNA upgrade online, I received almost immediately an email saying UG Request Recieved. Seconds later, another email said UG Request Removed.
This process repeated itself several times whenever I tried to request SNA again.

What am I missing here? Please advise! Thanks.

BTW, I used SNA for other hotels without problem!
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:36 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by allset2travel
When I first do the SNA upgrade online, I received almost immediately an email saying UG Request Recieved. Seconds later, another email said UG Request Removed.
This process repeated itself several times whenever I tried to request SNA again.

It's most likely an IT issue. Call Marriott and/or perhaps consider that you shouldn't be/won't be using your SNAs at these two hotels.
C17PSGR and allset2travel like this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum

I am having the same issue for the Sheraton Hong Kong. Since the stay is in October and I may reconsider depending on the protest situation in HK, I am going to wait for mid to late September and then try again. If the problem still exists I will have to call customer service.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by bhrubin
It's most likely an IT issue. Call Marriott and/or perhaps consider that you shouldn't be/won't be using your SNAs at these two hotels.
Thanks for the heads up. I think I will give CSR a call.
I concur that most likely it is an IT problem.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder

I've had this happen too and have not been able to resolve on my own. I've had to get my ambassador involved to manually place the request.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Maybe this is why upgrades have become impossible now...

I checked into a Fairfield on the east coast today. The first room assigned to me reeked of smoke (I think someone in the room next door, adjoining, was smoking). Back to the lobby and the FDA tells me there are no more of my room type on the top floor. She types away for a while and then tells me she can upgrade me to one of the larger rooms. The conversation then goes something like this:

Me: "So do Titaniums no longer get automatic upgrades?"
FDA: "Oh, not really. I just finished training and the training says not to provide upgrades unless the guest asks for it and we have a room available at the moment they check-in. Also, we're kind of told to upgrade the guest only when they are clearly pushing for it."

Wait, what? Not trained on it? I didn't press to see if this is a property-specific issue but since the FDA was new I don't think she'd know.

I guess I have to go back to asking for an upgrade each and every time. Gone are the days of getting upgrades in advance of arrival by the room assigner in the morning.

-RM
Old Dec 11, 2019, 12:49 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by RobOnLI

I checked into a Fairfield on the east coast today. The first room assigned to me reeked of smoke (I think someone in the room next door, adjoining, was smoking). Back to the lobby and the FDA tells me there are no more of my room type on the top floor. She types away for a while and then tells me she can upgrade me to one of the larger rooms. The conversation then goes something like this:

FDA: "Oh, not really. I just finished training and the training says not to provide upgrades unless the guest asks for it and we have a room available at the moment they check-in. Also, we're kind of told to upgrade the guest only when they are clearly pushing for it."

Wait, what? Not trained on it? I didn't press to see if this is a property-specific issue but since the FDA was new I don't think she'd know.

I guess I have to go back to asking for an upgrade each and every time. Gone are the days of getting upgrades in advance of arrival by the room assigner in the morning.

-RM
FFS.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Name & shame so the Lurkers can hopefully educate
ohmark and JBord like this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold

I think it has to be property-specific. I never ask for upgrades when I'm traveling for work, and have received several in the last few months...although I think I only received "several" in all of the first 9 months of this year, so maybe it's getting better .
Old Dec 11, 2019, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG

-RM
I was told something like that:

FDC said no upgrade to ANYONE unless it's paid upgrade because the GM wants to maximize revenue.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by nacho

FDC said no upgrade to ANYONE unless it's paid upgrade because the GM wants to maximize revenue.
Have heard this as well.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite

Have heard this a lot in US properties as well as major international markets (e.g. London/Paris). For short work related trips (e.g. 4-5 days) I'm not going to raise a fuss/issues about it but if its a long work trip (2+ weeks) and/or holiday related.... le sigh
Old Dec 11, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Name the property

Why not name the property? Some folks will avoid property, if they know. Revenue will no longer be maximized.
TravelinSperry likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.