Vacations by Marriott

Reply

Old Aug 24, 18, 2:08 pm
  #31  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fresno, CA
Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG-Gold, A'A-EXP
Posts: 300
Just completed a stay at Marriott Reforma in Mexico City on August 20 booked through Vacations by Marriott. AAdvantage miles posted and got Marriott elite benefits, night and point credits just like with a usual stay. Once a reservation is made, it will show up as an upcoming stay within a few days. One downside is that it doesn't show that bed type preference is guaranteed like it would with a usual reservation.
john93711 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 19, 3:01 pm
  #32  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Milano (Italy)
Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Posts: 239
Originally Posted by john93711 View Post
Just completed a stay at Marriott Reforma in Mexico City on August 20 booked through Vacations by Marriott. AAdvantage miles posted and got Marriott elite benefits, night and point credits just like with a usual stay. Once a reservation is made, it will show up as an upcoming stay within a few days. One downside is that it doesn't show that bed type preference is guaranteed like it would with a usual reservation.
Is it confirmed that you get elite benefits and points booking through Vacations by Marriott?
GoldenItalianBoy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 19, 10:46 pm
  #33  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Programs: Ritz Carlton Rewards : PLTP , LCAH : G, Skywards : S
Posts: 1,152
Originally Posted by kaizen7 View Post
Did some booking with these lot around end of Aug at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.

The booking is not shown on my RCR account though but email from Vacations by Marriott claim it should be earning night and points as per program t&c.

Will post what the result.
forgot to update this...

vacation by marriot claim that cosmo use different system hence the stay wont show in my account.

however, the stay was great, plt status recognised straight away and plt benefit extended (point as welcome amenity and no breakfast as it was extensively discussed in cosmo master thread)

night credit and points was posted w/o issue.
(Some delays in my case due to merging issue but as the points n nights post together with my other non vacation by marriott stays, I would assume the credit time frame is similar with vanilla booking through marriott apps)
kaizen7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 19, 7:25 am
  #34  
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Montréal, Canada
Posts: 1,258
Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy View Post
Is it confirmed that you get elite benefits and points booking through Vacations by Marriott?
From personal experience, on the two occasions where I booked through Vacations by Marriott, I received my elite perks, but no stay credits or points based on spend. I did receive points due to a promotion at the time.
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
flyme2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 19, 12:58 am
  #35  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Milano (Italy)
Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Posts: 239
Originally Posted by flyme2 View Post
From personal experience, on the two occasions where I booked through Vacations by Marriott, I received my elite perks, but no stay credits or points based on spend. I did receive points due to a promotion at the time.
Could please our fantastic Bonvoy Lurkers clarify the matter, since T&C on the Vacations by Marriott website are not so clear:

1) if an Elite Bonvoy member, booking a package on Vacations by Marriott (flight+hotel), has full Elite benefits delivered (e.g. breakfast for Platinum and above)during the stay?

2) Points and Elite credit nights posted as usual?

That would be a lot appreciated.
Thanks!
GoldenItalianBoy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 19, 1:52 am
  #36  
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Montréal, Canada
Posts: 1,258
Upon using Vacations by Marriott at the Renaissance properties in BKK and KUL, my wife and I received all our elite perks, Executive Lounge access, breakfast, etc. What we did not receive were stay credits and points relating to stay expenditure. Before booking, I called the Platinum line and was assured that the VbyM bookings would qualify for stay credit. Unfortunately, this was not the case as VbyM reservations are not booked through Marriott, but through a third party tour consolidator.
flyme2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 19, 3:24 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Milano (Italy)
Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Posts: 239
Originally Posted by flyme2 View Post
Upon using Vacations by Marriott at the Renaissance properties in BKK and KUL, my wife and I received all our elite perks, Executive Lounge access, breakfast, etc. What we did not receive were stay credits and points relating to stay expenditure. Before booking, I called the Platinum line and was assured that the VbyM bookings would qualify for stay credit. Unfortunately, this was not the case as VbyM reservations are not booked through Marriott, but through a third party tour consolidator.
If you have confirmation from CSR, you should submit a missing stay report and firmly request points and stay credit.
GoldenItalianBoy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 19, 5:23 am
  #38  
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Montréal, Canada
Posts: 1,258
Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy View Post
If you have confirmation from CSR, you should submit a missing stay report and firmly request points and stay credit.
I did, and they grudgingly gave me one stay credit and 10,000 MRI points for the two bookings. I really don't see any advantage to using VbyM unless there's a phenomenal deal.
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
flyme2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 19, 2:36 am
  #39  
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Posts: 89
Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy View Post
Could please our fantastic Bonvoy Lurkers clarify the matter, since T&C on the Vacations by Marriott website are not so clear:

1) if an Elite Bonvoy member, booking a package on Vacations by Marriott (flight+hotel), has full Elite benefits delivered (e.g. breakfast for Platinum and above)during the stay?

2) Points and Elite credit nights posted as usual?

That would be a lot appreciated.
Thanks!

Marriott Bonvoy members will earn points and elite night credit in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Marriott Bonvoy program for Vacations by Marriott package.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Abbey Liu

Specialist, Social Media
Marriott International
[email protected]
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
Marriott Bonvoy Lurker II is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 19, 2:49 pm
  #40  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Programs: Ritz Carlton Rewards : PLTP , LCAH : G, Skywards : S
Posts: 1,152
If I book a package that include stays at ... say ... The Ritz Carlton Singapore(a non participating property), will I get the point and night credit? or just point only based on the package price (additional spending at the hotel excluded)?
kaizen7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 19, 3:07 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Milano (Italy)
Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Posts: 239
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker II View Post
Marriott Bonvoy members will earn points and elite night credit in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Marriott Bonvoy program for Vacations by Marriott package.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Abbey Liu

Specialist, Social Media
Marriott International
[email protected]
Thank you very much!
GoldenItalianBoy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 19, 2:03 pm
  #42  
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Montréal, Canada
Posts: 1,258
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker II View Post
Marriott Bonvoy members will earn points and elite night credit in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Marriott Bonvoy program for Vacations by Marriott package.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Abbey Liu

Specialist, Social Media
Marriott International
[email protected]
Where does one find the specific T & C relating to point stays and credit for Vacations by Marriott? Be aware that V by M is powered by Expedia, and not Marriott. I have been down this garden path before where I have been told by Marriott reps that stay credit and points would be awarded...and then they were not.
flyme2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 19, 8:49 pm
  #43  
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Posts: 89
Originally Posted by flyme2 View Post
Where does one find the specific T & C relating to point stays and credit for Vacations by Marriott? Be aware that V by M is powered by Expedia, and not Marriott. I have been down this garden path before where I have been told by Marriott reps that stay credit and points would be awarded...and then they were not.
Hi there,

You may find the t&c relating to Vacations by Marriott below.

2.10.e. Vacations by Marriott.Vacations by Marriott is administered by a third-party travel partner on behalf of the Loyalty Program. Points and Elite Night Credit are earned in accordance with the Loyalty Program Rules. Members cannot use Points or Miles to purchase Vacations by Marriott packages. Members are subject to the Loyalty Program Rules as well as the terms and conditions of Vacations by Marriott program. More information can be found on www.vacationsbymarriott.com.

You may send a copy of your hotel folio to [email protected] for any missing credit.

Best Regards,

Christina Zhou
Specialist, Social Media
Marriott International
Marriott Bonvoy Lurker II is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 19, 11:59 pm
  #44  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Milano (Italy)
Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Posts: 239
What about Elite Benefits (breakfast, upgrades, etc.) during a Vacations by Marriott stay?
are they delivered according to each brand, as usual?
GoldenItalianBoy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 19, 1:03 am
  #45  
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Montréal, Canada
Posts: 1,258
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker II View Post
Hi there,

You may find the t&c relating to Vacations by Marriott below.

2.10.e. Vacations by Marriott.Vacations by Marriott is administered by a third-party travel partner on behalf of the Loyalty Program. Points and Elite Night Credit are earned in accordance with the Loyalty Program Rules. Members cannot use Points or Miles to purchase Vacations by Marriott packages. Members are subject to the Loyalty Program Rules as well as the terms and conditions of Vacations by Marriott program. More information can be found on www.vacationsbymarriott.com.

You may send a copy of your hotel folio to [email protected] for any missing credit.

Best Regards,

Christina Zhou
Specialist, Social Media
Marriott International
And don't the Loyalty Program rules state that bookings by third party vendors do not earn stay credits or points. In my experience, I received only a fixed number of points as part of an ongoing VbM promotion. No points were earned on the stay, and no stay credit was awarded. I would be interested to hear Bonvoy members' personal experiences.
flyme2 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread