FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Domes Miramare, a Luxury Collection Resort, Corfu Greece [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1915316-domes-miramare-luxury-collection-resort-corfu-greece-master-thread.html)

AJDem May 16, 2021 8:51 am

Is there any news on the new Dome Corfu that's supposed to open in July?

SPLP007 May 17, 2021 2:45 am

Are you speaking about the "addition" they were going to open on top of the hill?-

escapefromphl May 17, 2021 11:44 am

Originally Posted by SPLP007 (Post 33257346)
Are you speaking about the "addition" they were going to open on top of the hill?-

No it's another property located on the west side of the island on Glyfada beach. No sign of it yet on Marriott so July would be optimistic but who knows.

https://hospitality-on.com/en/hotel-...-its-portfolio

CALMSP May 17, 2021 12:08 pm

are you speaking on the new Autograph property? I saw it online Friday afternoon. Website says July 2021, so right around the corner if true.

SPLP007 May 17, 2021 2:26 pm

will see what I can learn

escapefromphl May 20, 2021 6:44 pm

Seems like they will do hard cutover, so perhaps only bookable on August 1?

Soon joining Autograph Collection® Hotels.
Domes of Corfu will operate under the Domes Resorts brand from July 1, 2021 until July 31, 2021
and will join Autograph Collection® Hotels part of Marriott International Inc. as of August 1, 2021

thaliajen May 23, 2021 1:28 am

We’re booked for August and I’ve always wanted to see Corfu. But I’m suffering from back and foot problems and not having a tub might cause us to change islands. They won’t take SNA’s and being a Lifetime Platinum isn’t very impressive, I guess. I really want to stay here, but being in severe pain is no fun! Only the Pavilion Suites have tubs.😢

escapefromphl May 23, 2021 8:13 am

Originally Posted by thaliajen (Post 33272082)
Only the Pavilion Suites have tubs.😢

Not having tubs in most rooms is fairly typical of most Greek hotels. Most Greek islands typically have water shortages (some even have to ship it in) so this may be an aspect.

The Domes of Corfu should be bookable by your travel dates, but the base rooms also don't have tubs and look to be smaller than the Domes Miramare.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/

The Mediterranean Sea will be pretty warm by August if that helps.

You are correct in your assessment of your upgrade chances in August.

thaliajen Jun 6, 2021 2:52 am

Thanks. I’ve been to Greece a few times but never ran into this situation. I’ve stayed at HGB, King George, Vedema, Blue Palace- all Luxury Collection except for a few nights in Rhodes at Sheraton. But then again I was upgraded at every hotel. SPG was great to Lifetime Plats. Now I see that few properties have tubs, as you said. Greece is my favorite country to visit! But even our airport Sheraton DTW is remaking rooms with no tubs! It was my favorite place to stay the night before flying. And I chose a new hotel for my summer theater trip, but damned if I didn’t have to stay on the lowest floor with the smallest room, just to get a tub! I hope Marriott leaves some tubs when they’re done with their renovations.

Domes Miramare Corfu is so pretty, and I’ve wanted to visit for years. I’ve read good reviews, and have talked to people who stay there. I was so looking forward to it! Now I just wish they’d take SNA’s or have me pay the difference between the room I booked on points and the suite. It’s been done before. I’d rather to not worry about it. My very best friend was supposed to go with me last summer. We decided to go this year, but she passed away December 2nd. So I’m bringing my other friend, as we’ve all known each other our entire lives. We’re going to do something for her, a prayer, etc. I just hope I can get that upgrade. I’m grumpy and in constant pain without a tub. I guess we’ll see.

escapefromphl Jun 6, 2021 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by thaliajen (Post 33307055)
Domes Miramare Corfu is so pretty, and I’ve wanted to visit for years. I’ve read good reviews, and have talked to people who stay there. I was so looking forward to it! Now I just wish they’d take SNA’s or have me pay the difference between the room I booked on points and the suite. It’s been done before. I’d rather to not worry about it.

I applied SNA's on my stay in August '19 as a Titanium, but they didn't clear. I think it's the busiest period, I would recommend actively reaching out and enquiring about a Pavillion suite paid upgrade if that's in the requirements.

brokenwindow Jun 7, 2021 8:05 am

Originally Posted by escapefromphl (Post 33272504)
Not having tubs in most rooms is fairly typical of most Greek hotels. Most Greek islands typically have water shortages (some even have to ship it in) so this may be an aspect.

The Domes of Corfu should be bookable by your travel dates, but the base rooms also don't have tubs and look to be smaller than the Domes Miramare.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/

The Mediterranean Sea will be pretty warm by August if that helps.

You are correct in your assessment of your upgrade chances in August.

Have you tried reaching out and offering cash payment for the difference between the room booked and the one you want?

conner11 Jun 9, 2021 2:48 pm

Has anyone been to the Domes Noruz and can compare? We went to the Noruz on Crete 3 years ago and loved everything about it. So considering coming here for 5 days after 6 days in central europe (US based). Corfu is a bit hard to get to, but if our experience would be like Noruz then we would be thrilled and worth it.
Any comparison between the two properties would be helpful. (overall experience, beach, service, activities to do on the island). thanks for the help!!

conner11 Jun 9, 2021 2:54 pm

Is there free breakfast for platinum members? Is it a large spread like at the Domes Noruz?

escapefromphl Jun 9, 2021 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by conner11 (Post 33316176)
Is there free breakfast for platinum members? Is it a large spread like at the Domes Noruz?

There was a large spread pre-covid included for Plat. Would need a recent report to be accurate.

thaliajen Jun 9, 2021 11:27 pm

Yes, I did. The amount was astronomical and it was on top of my points. I’d be thrilled to pay the difference between the room I have and the suite. They keep the points and I pay the difference for 5 days. I’ve been keeping track of their rates every day. I don’t want to be a problem child and bother them about it, but it’s been 3 months since I contacted them and I’d like to make an offer. But I don’t want to be a pest. This is for health reasons. Maybe I’ll be upgraded. I’ve never had such a difficult time in Greece coming to an agreement. I’ve always stayed at The Luxury Collection hotels, but they were SPG then. I guess we’ll see!