FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Domes Miramare, a Luxury Collection Resort, Corfu Greece [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1915316-domes-miramare-luxury-collection-resort-corfu-greece-master-thread.html)

HHQX888 Jan 7, 2019 12:33 pm

Yes, if you will book Pavilion you will have access to Haute Living Room. You will have complimentary wine and beer at this room. Food, as standard in SPG lounges with happy hours - you have one photo at begining.

jdmckay Jan 7, 2019 12:58 pm

Thanks! That helps a lot!

SanDiego1K Jan 7, 2019 1:15 pm

We play to stay here this year. We want to rent a car in Thessaloniki, stop to see Meteorea, then turn the car in at the Corfu ferry. We then plan to rent a car on Corfu. Do this logistics make sense?

MrAOK Mar 30, 2019 2:37 pm

We are going to Corfu in June for five or six nights and I'm a little confused about where to stay.

We have points we could use to stay at the Miramare for free, and while it appears to be a great hotel, it appears to be a long ways from some of the prettiest beaches, though we will have a rental car.

Any opinions on staying there (for free) versus either paying to stay in Agios, or at least for several nights in Corfu Town?

Is the location of the Miramare going to be any sort of hindrance or is it not going to matter much?

escapefromphl Aug 23, 2019 10:30 am

Stayed here for a few days in August. Location wise it's a ways from the famous beaches in Corfu. At least a 1-hour drive to Paleokastritsa and more to the north shore. If your main goal is to see the island there are more central locations to be based, but this is definitely one of the better hotels on the island. Unless your intention is to not leave the resort or nearby village you would want a car.

It did have a quiet exclusive retreat vibe which I enjoyed, partly due to the fact that there were no kids and they also don't let people walk along the beach from the family resorts to the south. It was never difficult to find empty loungers even though the property was quite full.

As a Titanium SNA's did not clear and I did not get any upgrade, but unless you visit in July or August you will likely have better luck.

The full breakfast buffet was solid enough, with the standard omelet station. There are some decent Taverna's within a 10 min walk up the main road, in Moraitika, it was easier to walk than drive to these.

SanDiego1K Sep 11, 2019 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by HHQX888
HAUTE living room - food & softdrinks and % served from 9am till 8pm, after 8pm till 11pm only soft drinks and %
as they told me this not lounge but only for guest of Pavilon rooms.

If I am upgraded from a base room to a Pavilion suite, am I then entitled to use the benefits of the Haute living room?

CALMSP Sep 13, 2019 7:41 am

Originally Posted by escapefromphl (Post 31448125)
Stayed here for a few days in August. Location wise it's a ways from the famous beaches in Corfu. At least a 1-hour drive to Paleokastritsa and more to the north shore. If your main goal is to see the island there are more central locations to be based, but this is definitely one of the better hotels on the island. Unless your intention is to not leave the resort or nearby village you would want a car.

It did have a quiet exclusive retreat vibe which I enjoyed, partly due to the fact that there were no kids and they also don't let people walk along the beach from the family resorts to the south. It was never difficult to find empty loungers even though the property was quite full.

As a Titanium SNA's did not clear and I did not get any upgrade, but unless you visit in July or August you will likely have better luck.

The full breakfast buffet was solid enough, with the standard omelet station. There are some decent Taverna's within a 10 min walk up the main road, in Moraitika, it was easier to walk than drive to these.

bottomless Mimosas like Domes Elounda?!

escapefromphl Sep 13, 2019 7:54 am

Originally Posted by CALMSP (Post 31520851)
bottomless Mimosas like Domes Elounda?!

Yes, haven't been to Domes Elounda, but they had a sparkling wine station, with 2 or 3 options.

cbellero Sep 14, 2019 7:03 am

I just checked into the hotel today and as an Ambassador Elite, I also did not get my SNA's to be accepted, nor did I receive an upgrade. They did apologise that it was not possible and offered two 30-minute massages. Checking the the website, it does seem like there are no higher room categories available.

In the room we got a manager's note, a bottle of some Cretian sparkling wine (Za Za Zu) and a fresh fruit plate. The wine is so-so. The fresh fruit was really good.

We have a garden terrace room. There are others with balconies. I think I would prefer the balcony as it has a bit more privacy.

My only negative comment is that the bathroom fan is quite noisy. Otherwise, so far the place seems great!

This hotel is only seasonal - it closes October 15.

I am staying for seven days, so will provide some more feedback later.

cbellero Sep 14, 2019 7:09 am

@SanDiego1K, I will ask this question about Living Room access to the staff.

You also asked the question about the logistics of your travel plan. I think it sounds okay, but if you are concerned about price, then you should look at what the one-way rental fees are. Not all rental car companies are very upfront about those costs. Given the low cost of rental cars in Corfu, I would not expect it to make economical sense to take the car over on a ferry.

I came from Albania today, so I cannot give you much advice about coming from Greece...

Are you still planning on coming this year? There is only one month left.

SanDiego1K Sep 15, 2019 11:35 am

We arrived at the hotel today. I can now answer some of my own questions.

We priced driving from Thessaloniki to Meteora to the Corfu ferry landing. The price was near identical once the tour guide was added in to see the monasteries. We went with a tour company whom another FTer had used called Meteora Tour, [email protected]. It worked out well for us. It was very helpful to be dropped off at the ferry ticket office today and not need to figure out where to return the car.

I can now affirm that if you are upgraded to a Pavilion room, you do get use of the Haute Living Room. Mind you, I'm not sure that's much of a benefit. Appetizers were minimal and underwhelming. We don't drink alcohol. That benefit will be more meaningful to those who do. The Haute Living Room is at the extreme end of the property so is a bit of a hike from rooms close to reception.

We are here for 3 nights, booked as individual one night stays in order to use a combination of points and credit card nights. My husband is platinum and I am titanium. I wrote in advance to ask if we could remain in the same room all 3 nights. I received a reply that they would do their best. Several days ago, my two nights showed upgraded to a Pavilion Retreat Sea View, 1 bedroom suite, whirlpool. His remains the base award room and that night shows nothing better available. We did not get a suite and our concierge seems unable to tell me what we did get. It's in the 2nd row but is considered a sea view room because there is no building in front of it.

cbellero Sep 15, 2019 2:40 pm

I have asked and was told that if you get upgraded to Pavilion, you will get access to the Living Room. I also asked if you can pay a fee to get access to the Living Room (as many Ritz Carltons, for instance offer). They stated that due to the small size of the Living Room, this would not be possible.

cbellero Sep 15, 2019 2:43 pm

SanDiego1K We are here for another five nights. We should meet for a drink! Send me a PM, if you have time and interest.

cbellero Sep 15, 2019 2:50 pm

The hotel has a list of weekly activities that I am attaching here. They also offer regularly scheduled boat transportation to Corfu Town for 30 EUR one way per person or 50 EUR return per person. A normal taxi supposedly costs 45 EUR. Unless you are drinking and alone, I do not see a compelling reason to take the boat. Further rental cars are so cheap on the island.

cbellero Sep 15, 2019 2:58 pm

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...36978d5d48.jpg
Boat schedule and prices
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d4fc093c2c.jpg
Sample Activities 1

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d3613ca149.jpg
Sample Activités 2