Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Bodrum EDITION - Turkey [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2018, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Marriott press release. Taking reservations now; opening in June '18. Whoever writes the EDITION press releases does seem to go a bit over top, but there's info inbtwn the marketing speak.

Signifying a New Energy for Bodrum, The Bodrum EDITION Redefines Luxury for a New Kind of Resort Unlike Any in the Mediterranean | Marriott News Center

Excerpt:

"Once an ancient city known as Halicarnassus of Caria, Bodrum was famous as the site of one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Today, on the West side of the peninsula, in Yalıkavak Marina, The Bodrum EDITION is tucked into a wind-sheltered cove, bringing with it a new wonder to the modern incarnation of the historic region. The jewel in The Bodrum EDITION’s crown and its most significant characteristic is the magnificent white beach, spread out below the property and leading into the irresistible turquoise waters of the Aegean Sea.

The grounds begin at the highest altitude of the property, where the hotel’s open reception area, designed by Christophe Pillet and Ian Schrager Company, sits. The light, informal lobby bar will welcome guests to enjoy a Turkish tea or home-made lemonade upon the abundantly-planted terrace whilst overlooking the striking crystalline blue coastline.

As the horseshoe-shaped grounds slope downward towards the beach and jetty with its private cabanas, the pathways and leisure areas are interspersed by the hotel’s 102 guest rooms, bungalows with private pools and sublime four bedroom private villa with pool. Between these are the lounge bars, and cocktail areas, as well as the hotel’s two signature restaurants by the pioneering Peruvian chef Diego Munoz, formerly of the world’s most celebrated restaurants, El Bulli and Mugaritz. For the socially inclined, Discetto, the night club at The Bodrum EDITION, will play host to local late night revelry with live music, DJs, celebrated EDITION cocktail mixology and superior bar and lounge areas.

Destined to be Bodrum’s premium gathering place for sophisticated guests, the hotel’s 100 metre (350 feet) long beach area will play host to one of the main social hubs of the resort, with its casual-cool beach bar and club welcoming resident guests to lounge in the private cabanas as well as yacht-transported visitors from the nearby Greek islands.

specialty restaurants celebrate culinary innovation and creative design. The largest of these, Kitchen at The Bodrum EDITION will deliver a Mediterranean lifestyle experience with seating up to 202 throughout the whole day. Served mezze style, the menu will be designed around health and wellness with all-day Turkish Brunch menu, urging guests to relax throughout the day and enjoy the native ritual of Kahvalti (Turkish breakfast). BRAVA, will serve up family-style dishes of Latin American cuisine inspired by Mediterranean and Asian flavours

The Bodrum EDITION houses a unique, state-of-the art spa facility complete with Turkish Hammam, salt treatment room, sauna, steam room and plunge pool. 14 tranquil treatment rooms will offer world class treatments.

Reservations are now open, bookable from June, with rates starting from €350 per night, including breakfast*. To make a reservation, please call +90 252 311 3160 or email [email protected]"
Old May 24, 2018, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Old May 24, 2018, 12:08 pm
Community Director Emerita

That's a rather generous use of the town Bodrum in naming the hotel. If Google Maps is to be believed, the hotel is a half hour drive north of Bodrum. That's not necessarily a bad thing. The town of Bodrum is congested and very difficult to get thru during tourist season. Several high end properties have developed land north of Bodrum in order to have more space and quiet. We stayed at Caresse last year which is just outside Bodrum. This hotel is part of the Starwood Luxury Collection. It was stunning. I'm attaching a map to show the location of some of these properties.
3rdworldresident and bhrubin like this.
Old May 24, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC the airport is located fairly far from the town to the north, so this property could be more convenient for the airport than the town of Bodrum itself.

BTW, Bodrum has a reputation in Turkey as being a particularly liberal enclave, although I'm not sure what the current situation is there now. YMMV.
Old May 24, 2018, 5:23 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC the airport is located fairly far from the town to the north, so this property could be more convenient for the airport than the town of Bodrum itself.
No it is not. I checked while working on the map that I posted. It is a 46 minute drive to Edition and a 42 minute drive to Caresse.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Any updates on this property? Really surprised Marriott hasn't updated the property page with anything like room pictures, etc. Wonder how it compares to the Caresse as it seem like it is a good use of points.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by christianj
Any updates on this property? Really surprised Marriott hasn't updated the property page with anything like room pictures, etc. Wonder how it compares to the Caresse as it seem like it is a good use of points.
These are the images currently under room pics on the hotel's website. Look forward to the first trip report.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...odrum-edition/

Cheers.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 11:23 am

Bodrum is that whole bit. All parts - gumusluk, yalikavak, bitez, gundogan, golturkbuku are part of Bodrum. Bodrum town centre just refers to the shopping district / old town.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
I recently came back from Bodrum stayed at a non-SPG/Marriott property as the rates/points were not worth it at the Careese and Edition had not opened yet (they kept delaying it but might be open by now), however I highly recommend Bodrum, the Amanruya property is amazing (went there for Lunch) but not suitable for Kids, and the Mandarin Oriental property is really nice however again for the price there is better options (went for Dinner and did a tour of the rooms and properties).

What is amazing is there is so many cool hotels in a small place and worth exploring each if you just love hotels and good food, just book a meal at each hotel for lunch/dinner and you can get to see all these amazing properties!
Old Jul 17, 2018, 5:59 am

AbuCordoba...just wondering how long you stayed in Bodrum and if you combined the trip with any other destinations or just stayed there. I'm looking at this as a possible vacation for next year but really think I would like to combine it with Istanbul and one other stop.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Depends on your interests @christianj, we just did Bodrum as we wanted a beach/sunny break, Istanbul will give you the city break you are after and combines well with Bodrum on a trip. Bodrum itself is like the high end version of Anatalya / Marmaris in my opinon, and offers the perfect alternative to Istanbul if you want your holiday to have city and nature/relaxing.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:01 am

@AbuCordoba...thanks! How long would you recommend for a Bodrum visit before it gets too boring? I've been to Antalya when I was younger and it was a nice vacation back then so a high end version of that now might be what we are looking for.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 5:12 am

I'm headed to Bodrum in 3 weeks and have 5 nights booked at the Edition. I tried to get D Maris Bay first, but it was fully booked. I am considering shortening the Bodrum part and splitting between the Kempenski and Edition (2 nights each). We'll be combining this with 2-4 nights in Istanbul, which is why we might shorten Bodrum.

Regardless, I will have at least a few nights at the Edition and will be sure to write a TR and take lots of pictures.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Reisen
Regardless, I will have at least a few nights at the Edition and will be sure to write a TR and take lots of pictures.
Looking forward to it! Have you considered splitting the stay in Bodrum between the Edition and the Starwood Luxury Collection Collection Caresse? It would be nice to have a comparison of the two.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by christianj
@AbuCordoba...thanks! How long would you recommend for a Bodrum visit before it gets too boring?
I think 4-5days is about right to be honest, as there is alot of places to visit and see and if you just want to relax etc. You could spend longer if you did diving/boat trips etc but for the actual town and surround hotels/beach clubs that should suffice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.