Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Bodrum EDITION - Turkey [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Bodrum EDITION - Turkey [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Looking at booking this hotel for October on points. It would be my first time in Bodrum and I was wondering what the weather is typically like around the hotel at that time of year? Also can anyone comment on what the elite treatment is like for titanium members?
Old Feb 13, 2021, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Looking at booking this hotel for October on points. It would be my first time in Bodrum and I was wondering what the weather is typically like around the hotel at that time of year? Also can anyone comment on what the elite treatment is like for titanium members?
I went early last October, but this was also peak covid travel time so can't really compare it to other years, especially in terms of crowds and occupancy.

One thing is for sure though, October is a chiller time in Bodrum. If you are averse to colder water, you might be disappointed. The pool wasn't heated either so no respite there.

Titanium recognition was phenomenal. We were upgraded to a loft sea view suite which was one of the biggest and most well appointed rooms I have ever stayed in. It featured a full kitchen, large balcony, and a huge living area. My significant other loved it so much she used the room decor as inspiration when buying new furniture

Again, I should note that occupancy was low during this time so YMMV
​​​​​​
​​​All in all, the Bodrum edition was a gorgeous property. I would not hesitate to go back.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
I went early last October, but this was also peak covid travel time so can't really compare it to other years, especially in terms of crowds and occupancy.

One thing is for sure though, October is a chiller time in Bodrum. If you are averse to colder water, you might be disappointed. The pool wasn't heated either so no respite there.

Titanium recognition was phenomenal. We were upgraded to a loft sea view suite which was one of the biggest and most well appointed rooms I have ever stayed in. It featured a full kitchen, large balcony, and a huge living area. My significant other loved it so much she used the room decor as inspiration when buying new furniture

Again, I should note that occupancy was low during this time so YMMV
​​​​​​
​​​All in all, the Bodrum edition was a gorgeous property. I would not hesitate to go back.
Thank you, I appreciate your feedback and advice. Would you still recommend visiting in October, bearing in mind the chillier weather? The points rates are very good at the moment due to the off peak sale and the cash rates are also much better in October.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Thank you, I appreciate your feedback and advice. Would you still recommend visiting in October, bearing in mind the chillier weather? The points rates are very good at the moment due to the off peak sale and the cash rates are also much better in October.
I supposed it depends on how much time you'll spend by the beach/pool. June through August will definitely be warmer more comfortable weather for water activities. Apart from that, October should be a great time to visit.

Might i also recommend Nusr-Et restaurant. I know he's become a social media star now, but my God if his food isn't fantastic. Prices you get in Turkey are also much cheaper than other countries and their seaside location in Bodrum is lovely.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 11:36 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Any recent stays? Also what perks do Ambassadors get if any at this hotel? Also is it kid friendly?
Old Apr 22, 2021, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Any recent stays? Also what perks do Ambassadors get if any at this hotel? Also is it kid friendly?
There will not have been any very recent stays, as the hotel is not open during the winter season. It is a summer destination only.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 10:42 pm

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There will not have been any very recent stays, as the hotel is not open during the winter season. It is a summer destination only.
Thank you good point! perhaps from last season...

Basically I can't decide between the Edition vs Carrese vs LXR property, I have 10 days next month so was going to do 5 days at Edition and 5 days at one of the other 2 based on the reviews, any thoughts on that if you experienced any other hotels?

Also how kid friendly is the hotel? Also how do they treat Ambassadors?

Did you rent a car or are taxis easy to get around?

Any other tips for Bodrum itself?

Thanks so much!
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Thank you good point! perhaps from last season...

Basically I can't decide between the Edition vs Carrese vs LXR property, I have 10 days next month so was going to do 5 days at Edition and 5 days at one of the other 2 based on the reviews, any thoughts on that if you experienced any other hotels?

Also how kid friendly is the hotel? Also how do they treat Ambassadors?

Did you rent a car or are taxis easy to get around?

Any other tips for Bodrum itself?

Thanks so much!
Taxi’s are easy, I don’t think there is any need to hire unless you want to really get out and about.

I think the EDITION rates better than Carrese, and also DOES includes breakfast, I remember seeing a poster wrongly choose Caresse as an elite over the EDITION just on that very aspect.

Personally I would do EDITON and the LXR but I don’t speak from experience, just from looking into doing a similar trip.
AbuCordoba likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 10:09 am

To those who stayed in Bodrum recently, where did you get a Covid test? Is it easily accessible?
I am staying in Bodrum at the end of June....and cannot find any info about Covid test there.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 12:43 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cmrimd
To those who stayed in Bodrum recently, where did you get a Covid test? Is it easily accessible?
I am staying in Bodrum at the end of June....and cannot find any info about Covid test there.
I just asked about this. The hotel can arrange this in-room for 1000 TRY per person. I also checked with one of the international hospitals in Bodrum. They charge 250 TRY if you visit at their hospital, but they can also do an outcall to the hotel for an additional 110 TRY. This is at Bodrum American Hospital.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by brokenwindow
I just asked about this. The hotel can arrange this in-room for 1000 TRY per person. I also checked with one of the international hospitals in Bodrum. They charge 250 TRY if you visit at their hospital, but they can also do an outcall to the hotel for an additional 110 TRY. This is at Bodrum American Hospital.
Thank you for the info. How did you reach the Edition? I sent an email to [email protected] few days ago and my email either disappeared or ignored.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 2:57 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cmrimd
Thank you for the info. How did you reach the Edition? I sent an email to [email protected] few days ago and my email either disappeared or ignored.
I emailed [email protected], got an answer in under 1h. I'd try emailing again, maybe it did not reach them?
Old Jun 29, 2021, 2:26 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Bodrumtip.com for PCR test in city center for 250.

Planning to stay in Edition as well in late September. Seems like rate currently is cheaper than Caresse at 451 euro VS 500ish +. But I really want to use my SNA.

BTW, are there any private speedboats for hire in Edition? Caresse boat rate is 500 euros for half day.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 6:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by supatight80
Bodrumtip.com for PCR test in city center for 250.

Planning to stay in Edition as well in late September. Seems like rate currently is cheaper than Caresse at 451 euro VS 500ish +. But I really want to use my SNA.

BTW, are there any private speedboats for hire in Edition? Caresse boat rate is 500 euros for half day.
Sorry but I have to chuckle at this post....you mention a Euro 50 difference on the room rate as the reason for picking one over the other but then you are going to spend Euro 500 for a half day on a boat? Guess everyone has different priorities
Old Jun 30, 2021, 7:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by christianj
Sorry but I have to chuckle at this post....you mention a Euro 50 difference on the room rate as the reason for picking one over the other but then you are going to spend Euro 500 for a half day on a boat? Guess everyone has different priorities
The other thing that caught my eye is preferring Caresse - which gets absolutely awful reviews (see, for example, Caresse - Disastrous Service from Check-In to Check-Out) - because of a desire to use SNAs. I would never choose a property based on theoretical SNA use. Especially one that appears to be a complete cluster in every way. Not to mention that Edition is by all reports very generous with comp upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.