Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Bodrum EDITION - Turkey [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Bodrum EDITION - Turkey [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019, 10:10 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Both properties seem very well received. Might be more about which location or style you prefer and whether or not a breakfast benefit for elites is important (Caresse offers one, Edition doesn’t).
Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:21 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Both properties seem very well received. Might be more about which location or style you prefer and whether or not a breakfast benefit for elites is important (Caresse offers one, Edition doesn’t).
We received free breakfast on a points redemption last year and anyway breakfast was cheap if you had to pay for it, plus it was fantastic in many ways. Nobody should shy away from Bodrum EDITION because of breakfast in my humble opinion.

Extract from my review in post 21 above in section "dining":

For point redemptions there is no mention of free breakfast so I did not think breakfast would be included at all, but in the end we were charged only for additional items we ordered on top of the traditional breakfast (from the a la carte menu) which is the same as for guests paying their room cash. For non-guests of the hotel, the price of the traditional breakfast for two is only 135 TRY so roughly 20-25 USD for a couple which is very reasonable for what you get so even if Platinum guests were charged for it, in the grand scheme of things it is not a material expense. Generally speaking, some Platinum members have mentioned on FT that they prefer to stay at brands such as St.Regis or LC rather than Ritz Carlton or EDITION because of the breakfast benefit (and other Platinum benefits). Honestly, I think in Bodrum the choice of staying at EDITION or Luxury Collection should not be based on the breakfast benefit which might be more generous at LC than at EDITION; other factors than breakfast should guide the choice.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by escape4
Nobody should shy away from Bodrum EDITION because of breakfast in my humble opinion.
How long have you been on FT? I'm amazed by how many people pick their properties based on breakfast and lounge access and how often almost the entire thread deals with this. Yes...we all want our elite benefits but sometimes it's just not the most important thing....so I agree with you.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by christianj
How long have you been on FT? I'm amazed by how many people pick their properties based on breakfast and lounge access and how often almost the entire thread deals with this. Yes...we all want our elite benefits but sometimes it's just not the most important thing....so I agree with you.

Regarding free breakfast, indeed we all want a nice perk and I am a breakfast lover myself more often than not, but if the most extreme "pro-free-breakfast" FTers were ever to pick a hotel not offering free breakfast, do yourself a favor and pick Bodrum EDITION. Room rate 300-400 EUR per night, sometimes higher than 500 EUR per night and breakfast is 10 EUR per person. ^ Rarely can we find this kind of differential.

I can understand a family of 4 booking a hotel at 100 USD per night because of free breakfast benefit 25 USD per person so breakfast value would be equal to the room rate, and avoid the better hotel next door which is 120 USD per night and no breakfast. I get it. But people should do the math about Bodrum, food is dirt cheap there!
Old Aug 27, 2019, 11:39 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Another very positive review:

https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/the-bodrum-edition/
Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Thanks for sharing, what a great hotel. One of the few places in the world where I would return to where I stayed in the past without shopping around, despite another highly regarded property being in the same city (Caresse).
EuropeanPete and bhrubin like this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:00 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Thanks for sharing, what a great hotel. One of the few places in the world where I would return to where I stayed in the past without shopping around, despite another highly regarded property being in the same city (Caresse).
We are spoiled for choice with the Edition and Caresse.

Truth be told, I prefer the style and overall ambience of Caresse; it just looks a bit more polished and refined to me. Perhaps just a touch more sense of place. But both look impressive and have great records of luxury service. I certainly don't expect to choose Amanruya here with two such amazing Bonvoy options.
EuropeanPete and escape4 like this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 4:44 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I’m leaving it a bit late this season, but next April/ May I think I am going to have to visit both resorts in one long weekend to compare. My suspicion that at its best Caresse will be far and away the best on its good days, but recognising that the hotel has more than occasional off days the Edition is a funky alternative some of the time.

All I can say for sure is if you’re in Bodrum and you think you might stay at Nikki Beach for some luxury vibes and good times instead of a Marriott hotel: Don’t.
bhrubin likes this.

Last edited by EuropeanPete; Aug 27, 2019 at 11:31 pm
Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I’m leaving it a bit late this season, but next April/ May I think I am going to have to visit both resorts in one long weekend to compare. My suspicion that at its best Caresse will be far and away the best on it’s good days, but recognising that the hotel has more than occasional off days the Edition is a funky alternative some of the time.
It would be great to hear from the first time from someone who stayed at both Caresse and EDITION in order to compare.
unclepants likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 3:11 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Any recent experiences and thoughts on edition v caresse v amanyura v MO ?
Cheers
Old Aug 23, 2020, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Nizar
Any recent experiences and thoughts on edition v caresse v amanyura v MO ?
Cheers
Avoid Caresse if you care about service, it is a complete abomination compared to the stellar EDITION - night and day. You can read my recent review in the Caresse thread - I am beating myself for not returning to EDITION instead.
Nizar likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 5:30 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Avoid Caresse if you care about service, it is a complete abomination compared to the stellar EDITION - night and day. You can read my recent review in the Caresse thread - I am beating myself for not returning to EDITION instead.
Thanks for the feedback, any thoughts to share on the other two options (amanyura and MO) ?
Old Aug 23, 2020, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Nizar
Thanks for the feedback, any thoughts to share on the other two options (amanyura and MO) ?
Never stayed there, but I think they are in a higher price range so not sure the comparison is as fair as EDITION vs Caresse. For what it's worth, OMAAT published a review recently and seems to have preferred EDITION over Aman all things considered, including price tag.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 8:48 am

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Never stayed there, but I think they are in a higher price range so not sure the comparison is as fair as EDITION vs Caresse. For what it's worth, OMAAT published a review recently and seems to have preferred EDITION over Aman all things considered, including price tag.
i have a planned stay in late September. Trying to figure out if I spend all six nights at EDITION or split it up and spend a few nights actually in Bodrum city. Also a small chance I need to move my trip to mid/late October. Does the weather cool off so much that the beach isn’t as enjoyable? I’d rather ask those that know then trust the average climate graphs.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Just back from the EDITION - spent 10 nights there - what an amazing place! Staff is simply excellent, property very well managed overall.

Only negative experience was one evening at the MORENA restaurant - took 15 minutes to be noticed and to be given menus. BRAVA restaurant is amazing, so is the Beach Club.

I was told by Management it was nearly at full capacity for my entire stay - 90% being Turkish citizens. The remaining 10% I recon was split between Russians (70%), Americans (20%) and Brits (10%).

I would def go back tomorrow. FYI - 10 nights cash basically awarded me 4 nights worth of points at the same property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.