Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Bodrum EDITION - Turkey [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Bodrum EDITION - Turkey [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2020, 7:26 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by gobears293
i have a planned stay in late September. Trying to figure out if I spend all six nights at EDITION or split it up and spend a few nights actually in Bodrum city. Also a small chance I need to move my trip to mid/late October. Does the weather cool off so much that the beach isn’t as enjoyable? I’d rather ask those that know then trust the average climate graphs.
I suggest you spend all 6 nights there, the property is amazing.
Not sure about the temperature in mid/late October but I know for sure the property shuts down at some point - worth double checking the exact date for this year.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 3:43 pm

Is the Edition still doing free breakfast for all rooms (per OMAAT review)
Old Aug 27, 2020, 7:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Cheerag Shaw
Is the Edition still doing free breakfast for all rooms (per OMAAT review)
What did you find when you put dates into the property at Marriott.com and reviewed the rates on offer?

Regards
Old Aug 27, 2020, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
What did you find when you put dates into the property at Marriott.com and reviewed the rates on offer?

Regards
If you book with cash its included, but when you book with points, it doesn't say anything.

Member Rate Prepay Non-refundable

• changes up to 7 days prior to stay
  • includes breakfast
  • prepay in full
  • non-refundable if cancelled more than 1 day after booking
Old Sep 4, 2020, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
How long does the transfer from the airport take? And would you advise just getting a taxi?

I’m arriving at 20:00 so wondering whether to stay in a nearby hotel overnight first or go to Edition directly..
Old Sep 4, 2020, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by andreiz
How long does the transfer from the airport take? And would you advise just getting a taxi?

I’m arriving at 20:00 so wondering whether to stay in a nearby hotel overnight first or go to Edition directly..
Taxis in Turkey are well regulated and metered, it is perfectly fine to take taxis.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Will be (hopefully) staying here for 5-6 nights in early October.

Reviews have my expectations very high

Any outdoors activities/sites we shouldn't miss?
Old Sep 6, 2020, 10:54 am

I got here last night off the same Turkish Airlines flight. Transfer is about 45 minutes. Took us a while to get the bags so we got to the hotel at around 9:30pm. I booked a transfer (got a spacious Mercedes Vito) for about 230 lira.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by Fc912
I got here last night off the same Turkish Airlines flight. Transfer is about 45 minutes. Took us a while to get the bags so we got to the hotel at around 9:30pm. I booked a transfer (got a spacious Mercedes Vito) for about 230 lira.
Who did you book the transfer with?
Old Sep 7, 2020, 2:57 am

Who did you book the transfer with?
Bodrum VIP transfer. They were fine - the driver was a bit grumpy but the car was in decent condition and they showed up on time. Many other companies offering the same service at similar prices - don’t think you can go wrong with any of the higher ranked ones.

Btw the hotel is pretty much booked 100% until mid September so if you are hoping for an upgrade you should reach out and confirm that in advance - elite upgrades will be difficult to come by. We paid a little upcharge to confirm a better room. Happy with that decision as the many of the base level garden view rooms seem to have limited privacy.
gobears293 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 10:37 am

Programs: LH SEN (*G), BA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Bodrum VIP transfer. They were fine - the driver was a bit grumpy but the car was in decent condition and they showed up on time. Many other companies offering the same service at similar prices - don’t think you can go wrong with any of the higher ranked ones.

Btw the hotel is pretty much booked 100% until mid September so if you are hoping for an upgrade you should reach out and confirm that in advance - elite upgrades will be difficult to come by. We paid a little upcharge to confirm a better room. Happy with that decision as the many of the base level garden view rooms seem to have limited privacy.
I have also used Bodrum VIP Transfer during my stay this summer for both pick up and drop off and can recommend them - By no means overly
luxurious but they offer a solid, reliable product with easy and prompt communication via WhatsApp.
gobears293 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 3:08 pm

I'm aiming for September 23-28. Will reach out as you suggested.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 4:13 pm

By the way, can you share how you got in touch with EDITION regarding the upgrade?
Old Sep 8, 2020, 3:32 am

By the way, can you share how you got in touch with EDITION regarding the upgrade?
I was in touch with the concierge to arrange spa and restaurant bookings so just asked them to put me in touch with the appropriate person. The front office manager then reached out and we worked out the upgrade from there. I would take a look at what inventory is still available for sale over your dates closer to your stay and decide whether you want to pay for an upgrade. For my dates the inventory gradually dwindled down and completely disappeared about a week prior to check in. Good luck!
Old Sep 22, 2020, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Christian K
I have also used Bodrum VIP Transfer during my stay this summer for both pick up and drop off and can recommend them - By no means overly
luxurious but they offer a solid, reliable product with easy and prompt communication via WhatsApp.
This one?
https://www.vipbodrumtransfer.com/en

How did you input the address of the edition? I wasn't able to use the hotel name or address.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.