Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 4:14 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I was directed that Christmas gifts were the only acceptable present a while back - made sense to me. It would not be a healthy situation if people could secure preferential treatment by being especially generous gift-givers.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I was directed that Christmas gifts were the only acceptable present a while back - made sense to me. It would not be a healthy situation if people could secure preferential treatment by being especially generous gift-givers.
Originally Posted by Keyser
i sent my first ambassador flowers a bunch of times....
I'm a firm believer that a handwritten thank you note should be sufficient. It would be very easy for a degenerate perv to develop an attachment to their ambassador. Next thing you know, the ambassador service agent is getting lingerie sent to them or their ambassador customer showing up at their house.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I'm a firm believer that a handwritten thank you note should be sufficient. It would be very easy for a degenerate perv to develop an attachment to their ambassador. Next thing you know, the ambassador service agent is getting lingerie sent to them or their ambassador customer showing up at their house.
the ambassador service was very different & personalized when it first started on an invitation only basis....my ambassador was looking after only a handful number of members....she was based in the same city where i was & the members were even invited for a reception to meet their ambassadors....she was involved with pretty much every aspect of my stay & was in constant touch with the properties before & during my stays....

i remember a number of stays that stood out as exceptional because of her involvement....every time my wife & i would have a great stay, she would insist we get something for my ambassador....i always stuck to thank you emails & flowers on a couple of occasions....

today, i would not do that at all....the level of ambassador service has changed & is very different today than what i believe spg set it out to be initially....i have not had exceptional ambassador service ever since my first ambassador changed & there has been no instance that has warranted a handwritten note, flowers or anything else....
Old Apr 7, 2019, 9:44 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
I agree that an annual holiday gift is the appropriate level for gratuities. Years ago when I had an unofficial Ambassador I always sent an annual gift so I’m continuing that tradition.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 9:46 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by damon88
I agree that an annual holiday gift is the appropriate level for gratuities. Years ago when I had an unofficial Ambassador I always sent an annual gift so I’m continuing that tradition.
Agreed!
Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by bhrubin

Of course! But there is a $200 value limit to whatever one may do or send, FWIW. I sent my Ambassador a $250 Amazon gift card for XMas last year but had to cancel it and send one for $200.
$200? Much higher than I would expect. Many large companies have ethics policies prohibiting accepting gifts over $25 to 75 to avoid appearance of inappropriate influence.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by damon88
I really dont see any issue with this ... its like members show their gratitude after being taken care by the ambassador for the year .... and possible farewell if the member not requalified as ambassador member the following year.

Personally I will definitely send annual gift for my ambassador.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:57 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Segments

$200? Much higher than I would expect. Many large companies have ethics policies prohibiting accepting gifts over $25 to 75 to avoid appearance of inappropriate influence.
I’m pretty sure that I was told the limit was $60...
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA EP, SPG Ambassador (lifetime plat)
Well, I was awarded an Ambassador in September last year -- as I was traveling quite a bit. The hotel I stayed at regularly gave me upgrades so she didn't really need to be involved. Fast forward, and I went on a trip on Spring Break with my family. She really kicked it out of the park. I had some unexpected schedule changes, and she shifted reservations multiple times, contacted local hotels, etc. Clearly spent alot of time. I arrived with my family late at night to find a delicious fruit plate when we finally arrived, welcoming us to the hotel from her. Great touch. And very helpful.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:00 am

Yesterday I have problem with payment and I call to my ambassador phone number and becouse she never pickup her phone (and never call back if I request) I switch to general line and ask if he can book for me this offer which I see on my PC screen. As answer I have info that he don't see this kind of offer on his system ?! After hung up I call again to standard line and told that I want book this what I see on my system, first words 'Sorry, I don't see this offer but after 30s he told that he find this what I want. He book this offer for me and when he want pay starts this same problems as on my PC system system not accepting payment. He put me on hold for 3min and after this time back to me and told problem was resolved - payment was done. He told me that new software 'Power .... ' make a lot of problems and he do my bookings on old MARSHA software. This show how 'good' training have Ambassadors now.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:57 pm

I have a sense from my reading here that the Ambassador is only as good as the person assigned to the account which does make sense (at least to me). My wife's Ambassador is extremely nice and I think from my wife's descriptions of her interactions with her wants to provide good service, but for one reason or another is challenged to do so.

Upgrades are another matter all together, the wife has been an Platinum or a Platinum Premier (now an Ambassador Elite) for many years now and we have become used to staying in whatever room we have reserved, Marriott was just never generous with the suite upgrades, in fact I can count on one had the amount of times we have been upgraded (due to her status) to a suite at a Marriott family hotel. Over on the DELTA forum they have a saying Want First, Buy First and that is how my wife and I see suites at Marriott family hotels, want a suite, pay for a suite and honestly we are generally happy with any room as long as it is quiet and away from the elevator.

The best upgrade of our lives (circa 2004) only occurred after the hotel had mistakenly assigned us a room that was already given to another guest and did not catch their mistake until we had entered the room, found the other guests naked and having "fun" in the bed. We went back down stairs asked to speak with the General Manager, explained what we had just encountered, he apologized profusely and upgraded us to the Presidential Suite which took up almost the entire top floor of the hotel with amazing view of the mountains in the distance, but that had nothing to do with her Elite status. We found out from the bellman who helped with our bags that Hu Jintao had stayed in the suite a week prior to our stay and I will say that I could easily see a head of state staying there, it was that nice.
paolo64 likes this.

Last edited by kmersh; Apr 8, 2019 at 2:04 pm
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:22 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by kmersh
I have a sense from my reading here that the Ambassador is only as good as the person assigned to the account which does make sense (at least to me). My wife's Ambassador is extremely nice and I think from my wife's descriptions of her interactions with her wants to provide good service, but for one reason or another is challenged to do so.

Upgrades are another matter all together, the wife has been an Platinum or a Platinum Premier (now an Ambassador Elite) for many years now and we have become used to staying in whatever room we have reserved, Marriott was just never generous with the suite upgrades, in fact I can count on one had the amount of times we have been upgraded (due to her status) to a suite at a Marriott family hotel. Over on the DELTA forum they have a saying Want First, Buy First and that is how my wife and I see suites at Marriott family hotels, want a suite, pay for a suite and honestly we are generally happy with any room as long as it is quiet and away from the elevator.

The best upgrade of our lives (circa 2004) only occurred after the hotel had mistakenly assigned us a room that was already given to another guest and did not catch their mistake until we had entered the room, found the other guests naked and having "fun" in the bed. We went back down stairs asked to speak with the General Manager, explained what we had just encountered, he apologized profusely and upgraded us to the Presidential Suite which took up almost the entire top floor of the hotel with amazing view of the mountains in the distance, but that had nothing to do with her Elite status. We found out from the bellman who helped with our bags that Hu Jintao had stayed in the suite a week prior to our stay and I will say that I could easily see a head of state staying there, it was that nice.
Had that exact experience at a Marriott hotel staying without status before the merger… at the Cosmo in Vegas. I ended up with a rather ridiculous suite upgrade as an apology.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by kmersh
I have a sense from my reading here that the Ambassador is only as good as the person assigned to the account which does make sense (at least to me).
There are people on this forum who would disagree with that statement, but it's been my experience as well.
andrewstahl likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:38 am

Late the other night I emailed my Ambassador for help on matters ( MAGA points not posting and incorrect exchange rate applied for points/$). By the time I woke up, both fixed. Great service ( although it shouldn’t have been necessary in the first instance).
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:29 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by paolo64
Late the other night I emailed my Ambassador for help on matters ( MAGA points not posting and incorrect exchange rate applied for points/$). By the time I woke up, both fixed. Great service ( although it shouldn’t have been necessary in the first instance).
We can get points for voting for Trump and making America great again!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.