Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Alcobas, St Helena (Napa Valley), CA [Left Marriott]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Las Alcobas, St Helena (Napa Valley), CA [Left Marriott]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2020, 6:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
So what is going on with this place? To this day every link I find for it directs through Marriott, then "page not found"....it's obvious it's not part of Marriott anymore, but has it opened as an independent hotel? Anyone have a way to link to it?
Old Nov 1, 2020, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
So what is going on with this place? To this day every link I find for it directs through Marriott, then "page not found"....it's obvious it's not part of Marriott anymore, but has it opened as an independent hotel? Anyone have a way to link to it?
The property is still closed so I'm guessing the website isn't a priority for them. It's probably not worth it for them to reopen until the world gets somewhat more back to normal. While the rooms are accessed externally, most of the point was about the higher levels of service with more in-person contact, so that wouldn't work in the COVID world. Sad to see it leave Marriott as it really was an awesome redemption.

This site still works but hasn't changed it months: https://www.napavalley.lasalcobas.com/
Old Nov 1, 2020, 8:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PrancingPonyGoldMember
While the rooms are accessed externally, most of the point was about the higher levels of service with more in-person contact, so that wouldn't work in the COVID world. Sad to see it leave Marriott as it really was an awesome redemption.
Sounds like the kind of place that would do well right now. Many California resorts have been booking full as people seek vacation alternatives to overseas travel. Examples are Alila Ventana and Carmel Valley Ranch, both of which were booked 100% when we were there earlier in the month.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 8:38 pm

The property is still closed so I'm guessing the website isn't a priority for them. It's probably not worth it for them to reopen until the world gets somewhat more back to normal. While the rooms are accessed externally, most of the point was about the higher levels of service with more in-person contact, so that wouldn't work in the COVID world. Sad to see it leave Marriott as it really was an awesome redemption.

This site still works but hasn't changed it months: https://www.napavalley.lasalcobas.com/
But I think even that is still a Bonvoy link...the old Starwood "Luxury Collection" moniker.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 8:40 pm

I'm sure COVID has contributed significantly to the current situation, but there must also be something unique to this hotel contributing to its continued closure. All the other luxury hotels in the area have been open for months prior to the most recent fire...and they have even higher levels of service (FWIW, in the 4 or 5 times i stayed there, beyond the valet, the waiter, and the bartender I barely experienced any in-person service).
Old Nov 1, 2020, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by boolean64
I'm sure COVID has contributed significantly to the current situation, but there must also be something unique to this hotel contributing to its continued closure. All the other luxury hotels in the area have been open for months prior to the most recent fire...and they have even higher levels of service (FWIW, in the 4 or 5 times i stayed there, beyond the valet, the waiter, and the bartender I barely experienced any in-person service).
I agree, it's very curious. I don't have an intention to stay there, I was just wondering how the prices/amenities have changed.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 7:59 am

As reported by bcosinteno in Hyatt forum, this property is joining WoH in March 2021 as Alila Napa Valley.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 11:04 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PG.backpacker
As reported by bcosinteno in Hyatt forum, this property is joining WoH in March 2021 as Alila Napa Valley.
great news indeed.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 3:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
There's a Residence Inn called Hotel Trio Healdsburg. We toured it last year. It's a decent property, far fewer points than Las Alcobas, but then again, not the elegance of Las Alcobas. Still, if folks are eager to use points, it's a place to consider. There are a lot of solid restaurants in Healdsburg.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...io-healdsburg/

There are also some properties where you can use points in Santa Rosa. I've only stayed at the Hyatt of which I am not overly fond, but there is also a Courtyard Santa Rosa and AC Hotel Downtown.
My only problem with Hotel Trio is they charge a resort fee for everything that is typically included in a Residence Inn. I am avoiding that property in principle.

Originally Posted by Duke787
Just got the following (we had this place booked for next June on points). This is a pain since the wedding we are going to is in St. Helena so Las Alcobas was perfectly located and now if we stick with a chain we'll be looking at a drive no matter what.

Kind of them to also offer the 60k point difference for two nights at Las Alcobas vs. 2 nights at Westin Verasa for the same dates. Guess I'll just have to cancel and then re-book if we decide to stick with the Westin

I assume in this instance I can't decline and just keep the Las Alcobas reservation since it's a points reservation and not a cash one?
Not sure if this is useful, but Black Tie Taxi is an inexpensive local transportation option. You can even reserve a car ahead of time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.