Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Alcobas, St Helena (Napa Valley), CA [Left Marriott]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Las Alcobas, St Helena (Napa Valley), CA [Left Marriott]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2020, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I just asked my ambassador to check if it was possible to move my booking, as I doubt I am able to go to the US on the days I am booked. After some communication with the hotel, she said that the hotel is leaving Marriott, but they are happy to still honour my current point booking. To be exact, leaving The Luxury Collection. But as they don't show up on the Marriott app, I guess that does not mean reflag to another brand. Last day with The Luxury Collection is the 15th of Sep
I got the same e-mail as Duke787. Would be curious to hear if CPH-Flyer got the same e-mail or if they were able to confirm that Las Alcobas will honor the previously booked reservation now that the departure from Marriott is official.

Very odd transition for the Las Alcobas as all of their domain names i've found redirect to a dead Marriott page. They clearly don't plan on being open any time soon.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by boolean64
I got the same e-mail as Duke787. Would be curious to hear if CPH-Flyer got the same e-mail or if they were able to confirm that Las Alcobas will honor the previously booked reservation now that the departure from Marriott is official.

Very odd transition for the Las Alcobas as all of their domain names i've found redirect to a dead Marriott page. They clearly don't plan on being open any time soon.
I did not receive the email yet. My ambassador did write that the hotel was happy to accommodate my reservation in late October, but she also offered to transfer it to a Marriott hotel in the same period or at a later point. As I was asking about a potential change of dates initially, it would make sense to offer to transfer the booking.

I get my Marriott emails on my corporate account, so maybe there is something tomorrow when I log in again.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I guess I could shoot Las Alcobas an email but my booking is so far out, I doubt they'll honor. What's frustrating is the reservation won't pull up on Marriott.com, so I can't even cancel and get my 200k points back and then decide whether to spend 140k on one of the other Marriott properties in the area or just get something in St. Helena (put those Chase URs to good use at 1.5 CPP).
Old Sep 16, 2020, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I gøt the email as well, it came about 30 minutes after I wrote the last update.

So I guess my deliberations on whether to cancel or not was settled for me. As I have no particular hurry to go to the Westin. I can always go later.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Duke787
I guess I could shoot Las Alcobas an email but my booking is so far out, I doubt they'll honor. What's frustrating is the reservation won't pull up on Marriott.com, so I can't even cancel and get my 200k points back and then decide whether to spend 140k on one of the other Marriott properties in the area or just get something in St. Helena (put those Chase URs to good use at 1.5 CPP).
Had same problem with the reservation not pulling up on the web, but was able to get it to show on mobile app.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
There's a Residence Inn called Hotel Trio Healdsburg. We toured it last year. It's a decent property, far fewer points than Las Alcobas, but then again, not the elegance of Las Alcobas. Still, if folks are eager to use points, it's a place to consider. There are a lot of solid restaurants in Healdsburg.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...io-healdsburg/

There are also some properties where you can use points in Santa Rosa. I've only stayed at the Hyatt of which I am not overly fond, but there is also a Courtyard Santa Rosa and AC Hotel Downtown.
While there are properties the next county over, it is kind of like recommending Australia to someone who wants to go to New Zealand.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
While there are properties the next county over, it is kind of like recommending Australia to someone who wants to go to New Zealand.
In general, I agree. But this is probably what we will end up doing. Driving from downtown napa to dinner in st helena doesn't make nearly as much sense as scrapping dinner plans and re-orienting the trip to be all in healdsburg.
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OutofToiletPaper
Had same problem with the reservation not pulling up on the web, but was able to get it to show on mobile app.
Yeah finally was able to cancel via the mobile app and get the points back straight away.

Anyone have recommendations in St. Helena (even if non-chain) vs. going all the way down to Napa to stay at the Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton options?
Old Sep 19, 2020, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can't pull the reservation up online at the moment. I asked my ambassador, she replied that she can still see the Las Alcobas booking, and not the promised Westin in booking. She had problems cancelling the Las Alcobas booking. So she returned the points to my account, and said she would get the booking cancelled.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 8:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Yeah finally was able to cancel via the mobile app and get the points back straight away.

Anyone have recommendations in St. Helena (even if non-chain) vs. going all the way down to Napa to stay at the Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton options?
It just depends on how much you want to spend - everything from Auberge du Soleil and Meadowood to simple B&B's. I didn't mind outlaying the points for our Las Alcobas stay but I'm sure not going to pay $700+ per night for the privilege.

I'd be interested in hearing where everyone is rebooking - we're going up to Calistoga to the Best Western (we like many of the wineries up that way), then work our way down the Silverado trail the next day and end up staying at the Embassy Suites in Napa (we didn't care for the Westin Verasa last time we were there). We're going to be doing the Napa Valley Wine Train for the second time (we thought it was a very nice experience - my husband loves trains - not Sheldon crazy but almost).
Old Sep 23, 2020, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
It just depends on how much you want to spend - everything from Auberge du Soleil and Meadowood to simple B&B's. I didn't mind outlaying the points for our Las Alcobas stay but I'm sure not going to pay $700+ per night for the privilege.

I'd be interested in hearing where everyone is rebooking - we're going up to Calistoga to the Best Western (we like many of the wineries up that way), then work our way down the Silverado trail the next day and end up staying at the Embassy Suites in Napa (we didn't care for the Westin Verasa last time we were there). We're going to be doing the Napa Valley Wine Train for the second time (we thought it was a very nice experience - my husband loves trains - not Sheldon crazy but almost).
Don't mind spending a bit -- Saturday will be spent mostly at a wedding but Friday and Sunday we'll be enjoying Napa (have never been). The wedding itself is in St. Helena so would prefer to be right in St. Helena to make things easy on that front.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 9:22 am

Don't mind spending a bit -- Saturday will be spent mostly at a wedding but Friday and Sunday we'll be enjoying Napa (have never been). The wedding itself is in St. Helena so would prefer to be right in St. Helena to make things easy on that front.
Where exactly is the wedding being held? If at a hotel/resort, why not stay right there?
Old Sep 23, 2020, 5:07 pm

i don't know much about st helena other than the alcobas. i doubt the harvest inn is all that luxurious. if the wedding is in between st helena and yountville, i'd suggest north block hotel in northern end of yountville. Nice property and more economical than bardessono (although not cheap!). If Redd Wood is still there, food is excellent too. If closer to st helena proper, easiest way home might be meadowood by crossing over to silverado trail.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 5:34 pm

For a destination wedding I would have thought the couple would have recommended close by hotels...I can picture the ceremony being at a winery, but I'm sure there are still places to stay nearby.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott AMB, Hyatt Globalist
If you don’t mind spending a bit, try Solage (auberge resorts). It’s in Calistoga, which is only a 10-15 minute drive from St. Helena

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.