Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

When will Marriott Resorts in Central America will offer COVID-19 test

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2021, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.

We are scheduled to stay at JW Marriott, Guanacaste in late March as our family tries to get breather away from COVID-19. I understand Hyatt Resorts in Central America is offering COVID-19 tests (before flying back to meet USG requirements) on site. I am hoping Marriott will be able to do the same as there are not many options for COVID-19 Antigen testing close to this resort.

In order to compete with Hyatt, Marriott needs to take note of this request.

Thanks
Old Jan 27, 2021, 7:24 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Have you contacted them about this? Curious as to what they said if you did. Marriott has a big presence in the Guanacaste area-plus the Los Suenos Property. We canceled a Feb trip because we thought return testing might be difficult.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by ACC2008

When will Marriott Resorts in Central America will offer COVID-19 test?

When they grab a clue.

David
Old Jan 27, 2021, 3:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ACC2008
In order to compete with Hyatt, Marriott needs to take note of this request.
They need to do more than that

Here's what the JW Guanacaste's website currently says on the subject (after clicking through a couple pages):
For those travelers who are required by government regulations or would like to take a COVID-19 test before returning home, JW Marriott Guanacaste is able to connect you with the local Guanacaste hospital, Clinic or Laboratories which offers PCR testing and happy to help book an appointment and transportation. As requirements can vary as to time needed for test prior to re-entry and/or specific test types, we recommend guests review the requirements of their country of origin or final destination.

For comparison, here's the listing right at the top of the Andaz Papagayo web site:
On-site COVID-19 PCR testing in compliance with required travel regulations is offered. (additional fee) For more details please visit our News + Events page.

It is interesting to see how quickly Hyatt adapted to the new rules in order to preserve bookings and possibly attract new ones. If I were a property owner, I would be taking note and asking myself which brand I'd rather be affiliated with.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Kacee
It is interesting to see how quickly Hyatt adapted to the new rules in order to preserve bookings and possibly attract new ones. If I were a property owner, I would be taking note and asking myself which brand I'd rather be affiliated with.
That’s the difference between the laggards and the leaders. It’s hard to learn how to change. I’ll let others debate which category Marriott belongs to.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Originally Posted by Kacee
They need to do more than that

Here's what the JW Guanacaste's website currently says on the subject (after clicking through a couple pages):

For comparison, here's the listing right at the top of the Andaz Papagayo web site:

Thank you! That was exactly my point.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 8:49 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I know the Renaissance Aruba is testing on site. Some places get it. Some don't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.