Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Denver International Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Denver International Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2022, 5:40 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by aztimm
Does anyone have a good contact for this property to correct a double-billing mistake? I stayed here a few weeks ago, saw a post to my credit card a day later, then 5 days later the exact same thing. When trying to call, it just goes to someone's voicemail, who never returns messages. Emails through the Marriott site go unanswered. I'm at the point to just initiate a dispute with my credit card (I don't have Marriott status, and don't care if they blacklist me).

Other than the billing, the stay was pretty good. I was there for a volunteer event, and other than no housekeeping (which seems to be the new standard everywhere), everything seemed ok.
Are you selecting the billing option in the phone tree? I would get to a human at the front desk and ask to speak to the manager on duty.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 6:17 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Are you selecting the billing option in the phone tree? I would get to a human at the front desk and ask to speak to the manager on duty.
Hello,

So sorry, replied to you and not original posting. Please disregard, original poster has been replied to. Thank you.

Last edited by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker; Mar 23, 2022 at 1:12 am Reason: sent incorrectly
Old Mar 22, 2022, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm
Does anyone have a good contact for this property to correct a double-billing mistake? I stayed here a few weeks ago, saw a post to my credit card a day later, then 5 days later the exact same thing. When trying to call, it just goes to someone's voicemail, who never returns messages. Emails through the Marriott site go unanswered. I'm at the point to just initiate a dispute with my credit card (I don't have Marriott status, and don't care if they blacklist me).

Other than the billing, the stay was pretty good. I was there for a volunteer event, and other than no housekeeping (which seems to be the new standard everywhere), everything seemed ok.
Hello,

I am sorry for your frustration with this and would like to help. Please share in a private message, your full name, confirmation number, and your contact email. Your information will be sent to the management team at this property, who will reach out to you directly, regarding your concerns with the billing.
aztimm likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 6:34 pm

sent incorrectly

Last edited by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker; Mar 22, 2022 at 8:05 pm Reason: sent incorrectly
Old Jun 14, 2022, 4:40 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Used points for a recent late night arrival into DEN for a single night stay. I was told the higher floor room (13th) was my Platinum upgrade despite my asking about "best available room, subject to availability on the day of arrival". They were still selling the two king bedroom suite at 1200$ per night as I checked in at 2355 local time. I asked about getting upgraded to that room and was told "You are upgraded, don't worry". I was too tired to go back down and ask for the two king suite after I got to my two queen higher floor "upgraded" room.

To their credit, they did correctly hand out platinum breakfast credit (guest + 1).
Old Jun 14, 2022, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by legionnaire
Used points for a recent late night arrival into DEN for a single night stay. I was told the higher floor room (13th) was my Platinum upgrade despite my asking about "best available room, subject to availability on the day of arrival". They were still selling the two king bedroom suite at 1200$ per night as I checked in at 2355 local time. I asked about getting upgraded to that room and was told "You are upgraded, don't worry". I was too tired to go back down and ask for the two king suite after I got to my two queen higher floor "upgraded" room.

To their credit, they did correctly hand out platinum breakfast credit (guest + 1).
Best available room is limited up to standard suites.. unless that suite is a standard suite, you are not entitled to it.

This place has the location going for it, and almost nothing else with the rates they are charging.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:31 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Originally Posted by myperks
Best available room is limited up to standard suites.. unless that suite is a standard suite, you are not .
What words in the room description tell me it’s a standard suite?

I see rooms with the adjective junior and executive describing a suite.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by legionnaire
What words in the room description tell me it’s a standard suite?

I see rooms with the adjective junior and executive describing a suite.
I agree that it is annoying that the "standard suite" verbiage is used in the context of the loyalty program but is not clearly mapped to room types. That being said, to your question, on the property website, under accommodations, they offer junior suites, executive suites, and then the 2-bedroom suite the you stated as available, as well as a 2BR presidential suite. Given that there are levels of suites (junior and 1BR) which are smaller / less premium than the 2BR, I would personally consider the latter to not be "standard" by a general common-language definition.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 4:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 8/19 to 8/20

Location: On property which is great. I will note getting to the hotel itself can be confusing if you haven't been before. We arrived into the A gates and walked across the bridge into the main terminal. The signage for the hotel is bad (and it's not aided by the construction) so we ended up going down one level too many then having to come back up.

Hotel: Really nice. This was my first time here and I was impressed from the second I walked into the lobby. I enjoy its design and the lighting. There's a bar in the lobby which is open until midnight and room service is available until 1 AM. There's a full restaurant and bar one level down as well. There's also some nice seating areas just outside the hotel doors. Luckily no issues with elevator waits either.

Check In: My brother was covering the stay and he's Platinum. We were offered points or a $50 breakfast voucher and the agent handling everything was very friendly.

Room: Very pleasant. Two large beds with power next to them, a desk, working Wifi, a large TV though annoyingly not an InterneTV. The bathroom was on the small side though. Luckily noise wasn't an issue.

Dining: Breakfast was very good. They have a large menu and $50 covered two entrees and a coffee with $5 to spare.

A great option for a late arrival and early departure from DEN, especially with how far the airport hotels are.
VSLover, nkosi, levilevi and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 12:13 pm

Nice to see that they still give the $50 credit. One of my favorite US hotel breakfasts; the fact that you can leave your room, have a leisurely breakfast, and then walk right to security is awesome.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Recent Stay in January 2023

Marriott Bonv°y
Upgrades: Upgraded proactively prior to arrival to a Junior Suite

Loyalty: Ambassador

Recognition: Welcomed as an Ambassador and offered $50 Breakfast Credit for me + 1

Hotel / Property
Location: You can't beat the location if you have an early morning flight out of DEN though if one has TSA PreCheck you'd have to walk to the other side to the North Checkpoint. This hotel is also rather convenient for late evening arrivals as well in which I availed myself since I landed past midnight and was driving out to Vail next day with the family.

Atmosphere: Friendly and the hotel has several restaurant options as well as a pool and gym that was frequently cleaned from what I could see during my stay.

Service: Decent with friendly recommendations from the front desk staff on where to go for dinner on our return to the airport next week.

Room: Comfortable Westin Heavenly bedding and pillows led to an excellent night's sleep for a 4 hour drive to Vail.
SPN Lifer and laughinlab2001 like this.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 10:07 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stayed here 4/7 to 4/8. Everything was very similar to my stay last August. I was given a room on the 14th floor with an airport view. Everything worked well in the room. No issues getting checked in at 2 AM after a flight delay, the agent even offered to explain the amenities of the hotel to me...I declined.

Breakfast was very good. As a Titanium they covered two entrees and two drinks.

With a late arrival, especially a delayed late arrival, it's worth every penny.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 10:56 pm

Programs: United 1P
Does the hotel have a lounge for elite members? Also, I am driving to the hotel on a rental car. Where can I drop off my luggage before returning the rental car?
Old Apr 12, 2023, 1:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
No lounge. You can see the bell person for holding your luggage.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 8:53 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Just stayed at the Westin Denver Airport, one of my very favorite airport hotels domestically. Please see room review below

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.