Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Denver International Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Denver International Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:52 pm

Question about DEN access, etc... staying here at the end of a vacation, but morning flight isn't until about 1030am - and curious about dinner the night before - are there restaurants / eateries inside DEN but not airside/through security we can easily walk to from the hotel? WIll be turning in the rental car - so no driving other than a cab, and dont necessarily want to be captive to the hotel for dinner/breakfast
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
The only one I can think of is Boulder Beer Tap House. You might be able to get a gate pass--Root Down is good but is passed security.
levilevi likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
In addition to Boulder Beer Tap House, there is Burger King, Cantina Grill, Caribou Coffee, Einstein Bros. Bagels, Panda Express, Red Rocks Bar & BBQ, Rocky Mountain Café, Subway, Taco Bell Express, and Vertical Mile Market

(all land-side, before security)
levilevi likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:42 pm

Pefect - seems like enough for casual dinner and breakfast for sure!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:05 pm

Check-in...at first one agent working the desk and a second became available. I have platinum status. Was in Gold/Platinum Line and was being skipped by guests (called over by the front desk agent) in the regular line that came after me and another man waiting. My reservation was 2 adults, 2 children in a 2 queen room. On the App, it shows a Suite with 2 King beds available, but the front desk agent apologized that this type of Suite doesn't exist and is frustrated that it hasn't been corrected. As my youngest child still sleeps in a crib, we were upgraded to an Executive Suite with a rollaway and a crib (no charge for rollaway). We were given two platinum breakfast cards which is good for 4 people total. At breakfast, the waiter says we can order whatever we want and the two cards we had were good for up to $100 total. So it appears that the platinum breakfast benefit is good for $25 per person. If I had an overnight layover in DEN again, I would definitely stay here as a platinum! BTW, TONS of pilots checking in.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Stayed last night before flying on to SJC.

What a joke, given the close to 100% premium over other nearby hotels this place was awful. Had to argue up from a non upgrade “deluxe room” to get. junior suite as Plat (both an exec suite and 4 junior suites were being sold and I got a handicapped accessible one overlooking the car park and drop off point.

i abandoned my breakfast ($25 a person credit for plats as an amenity in lieu of the welcome points) after waiting half an hour. The bell staff who were meant to be meeting me with my bags the took me on an extended tour of the bag stores and we finally arrived at a chaotic UA check in almost half an hour later.

Given that the premium for this hotel is all about convenience I would absolutely avoid it, the restaurant, and bell staff are shambolic and the check in wasn’t an awful lot better neither was the recognition as LT (SPG legacy) Plat.

i would frankly never ever stay again, I can’t imagine it taking me longer to actually complete transit to airside even if I started in downtown Denver.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:38 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Various Rental Car Statuses
E-mail address

Does anyone have an e-mail address for this hotel?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:16 pm

I stayed her eight times between July and October 2018. I much prefer the south facing rooms (train plaza) as opposed to north facing (Jepp terminal land-side lobby).

South facing tend to have the rainfall walk in showers. North rooms are tub-shower combos. The six floor lobby level north ADA rooms are massive.

I love their toiletries. Breakfast could be better, nothing outstanding.

I've yet to get an end-cap room.

Last edited by RoyalFlush; Jan 2, 2019 at 12:23 pm
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:50 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Various Rental Car Statuses
Can you use the breakfast benefit via room service?
Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Stayed here over the weekend (between flights on an IRROPS shuffle). If I hadn't been sitting on a pile of points, the price ($380 or so after tax) would have run me off and to one of the other hotels. As it was, forking over the 35k points was sort-of a necessity lest I miss my flight (I didn't want to play shuttle games the next morning). I really found the experience to be "meh":

-I was randomly awakened by housekeeping at about 8 PM (I got in around 2 PM and basically collapsed...my previous night had been sleepless and I had an 0630 flight to catch the next day). Nobody could tell me why Housekeeping was poking around that late in the evening. Had they knocked at 3 or 4, I would have chalked it off to my early arrival; 8 was actually a little bit disconcerting.

-The restaurant was overly expensive. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting a bargain, but pasta+shrimp, hot tea, tax, and tip shouldn't reach USD50 (and that was with leaning back a little on the tip). It was decent food (though really only "decent", though I'll blame a few days in Quebec with excellent food being quite affordable for tinting my views there), but USD35-40 all included would have made more sense and in retrospect some decent fast food would probably have been preferable. If I stay again, I'll grab some fast food landside in the terminal (or get a meal before leaving the airport, if the circumstances are similar). The fact that I'm looking at airside food as the bargain here, though, reflects ill upon the hotel.

I realize that with this hotel I'm paying for the location (the fact that landside food at the airport is a viable alternative speaks to this), and for the record this is the classic case of why I will quietly hoard my certs to the extent that I can do so. However, had I been paying cash the hotel price was about $100-120 above my "pain point" and I'd likely simply Uber to one of the locations 4-5 miles away (which were down in the $98-130 range).
Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:18 am

I stayed her this week, my tenth time since July.

To echo the post above, the food was just meh at best. I had steak and eggs for breakfast.

The 4 ounce (possibly 6) steak and eggs wasn't worth anywhere near $23, the potatoes were almost rotten, eggs so-so, only redeeming quality was the tasty sourdough toast.

RFB was paid by a client and I was in a total hurry to meet a six hour journey on Southwest.

Overall, nice build-out, blockbuster location, mostly smaller rooms, great WiFi, pretty poor dining, excellent workout room, I'm four outta five for the hottub working, slow front desk staff.

Save your gray hairs and stay on Tower.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
@RoyalFlush: "On Tower"?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
@RoyalFlush: "On Tower"?
On Tower, meaning on Tower Road, the closest bank of hotels to DIA at five miles away. There are currently 21 hotels on Tower. It will be 23 shortly, once the dual branded Hilton Homewood/Tru comes online.

Four miles away from Tower is 40th Gateway in Aurora. There are currently 13 properties there. Another one is undergoing construction, but met several months of dormancy (think the ownership ran out of money or couldn't get permitting).

35 of the 36 properties are branded, most use a shared shuttle from Western.

I've stated at all except the Ramada, AmeriSuites, Wooley, and the new 1,501 room Gaylord Rockies.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions or concerns about DIA, Quebec/Stapleton, downtown, or Tech Center hotels in the Front Range area.

Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:47 pm

Noted..that sounds like the bank of hotels that were $98-130 or so. Next time, I'll be staying there if I don't have an annoyingly early flight to catch...but thanks for the advice.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Delta Amex Plat,
Although this property is incredibly convenient, especially for super early flights, I don't feel that it's worth the 2-3x price premium over the plethora of other options on Tower Rd or Gateway. I would gladly spend the extra 20-30 minutes getting to Tower Road or Gateway hotels to save myself over $100/night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.