Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by youarewbd
Here is in the "Welcome letter for family traveler" PDF they sent me

2, Please kindly note that there are additional charge for children between 4 to 12 years olds for buffet breakfast at Oasis Garden (2,260 Japanese Yen per child). For children 13 years old and above, the price same as adults is applied.

3. For our guests who have access to Club Lounge accompanying children younger than 12 years old; Children are welcome at Club Lounge until After Tea Time (4:30pm). In addition, there are additional charge for children between 4 to 12 years old per stay, it is 3,500 Japanese Yen per day to enter Club Lounge. Please ask us for further information.
Thanks for the information and it makes sense to me that they put the cutline at 4yrs for both Lounge and Oasis Garden. When I stayed there last winter with my two kids (4yrs and 8yrs), I was very confused by the policy I was told (6yrs complimentary at lounge, 4yrs complimentary at Oasis Garden)
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:15 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Also been unable to apply SNAs for an upcoming five night stay in April. Informed by the hotel they don't participate in the program - didn't think it was optional?
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:24 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rebyang
I tried this way last year with my son but unfortunately no. The restaurant will ask your wife where you will have breakfast. ... The restaurant will call the lounge to confirm that your breakfast in lounge so only your wife will have the complimentary breakfast ....
This is confusing to me. Wouldn't this mean they would have to block you from the lounge until after breakfast if you've taken breakfast in the restaurant? I find that hard to believe.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
This is confusing to me. Wouldn't this mean they would have to block you from the lounge until after breakfast if you've taken breakfast in the restaurant? I find that hard to believe.
For my case last winter, when my elder son wanted to try the restaurant the last day for our 3-nights stay, he was charged for the breakfast with me at Oasis Garden, as I was told per room 2 adults breakfast free for Platinum member ... They knew we have 2 adults 2 kids My wife was in the lounge with my younger one. In the end, my elder son told me the breakfast in the lounge was better because there was no prosciutto at Oasis Garden. ...
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rebyang
For my case last winter, when my elder son wanted to try the restaurant the last day for our 3-nights stay, he was charged for the breakfast with me at Oasis Garden, as I was told per room 2 adults breakfast free for Platinum member ... They knew we have 2 adults 2 kids My wife was in the lounge with my younger one. In the end, my elder son told me the breakfast in the lounge was better because there was no prosciutto at Oasis Garden. ...
Oh, I understand now, sorry. I suspect this wouldn't end up affecting me if I went to the restaurant to do the Japanese breakfast one day and afterward went to the lounge to get a drink and ended up grabbing an egg and some salmon as well.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:58 pm

Cool

Oh, I understand now, sorry. I suspect this wouldn't end up affecting me if I went to the restaurant to do the Japanese breakfast one day and afterward went to the lounge to get a drink and ended up grabbing an egg and some salmon as well.
Just wild thinking. Let's say 2 adults are staying, it would be OK if we do the breakfast at restaurant then go to lounge to try out the different offering for breakfast, right?

On the other hand, let's say 2 adults and one child are staying. Adult 1 would take the kid to restaurant for breakfast. When asked, just say that adult 2 is not having breakfast. So there should be no charge for the kid, right? After adult 1 and kid finish breakfast, Adult 2 would go to the lounge and have breakfast. Now, how do they know it is not adult 1 again?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by youarewbd
Just wild thinking. Let's say 2 adults are staying, it would be OK if we do the breakfast at restaurant then go to lounge to try out the different offering for breakfast, right?

On the other hand, let's say 2 adults and one child are staying. Adult 1 would take the kid to restaurant for breakfast. When asked, just say that adult 2 is not having breakfast. So there should be no charge for the kid, right? After adult 1 and kid finish breakfast, Adult 2 would go to the lounge and have breakfast. Now, how do they know it is not adult 1 again?
I don't mean any disrespect, but families here should just pay for their kids as they are expected to do. The hotel is already going above and beyond by giving restaurant breakfast and club lounge access; the latter is not a requirement for LC properties. Enough instances of people trying to skirt the rules could lead the hotel to reconsider this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:03 am

I don't mean any disrespect, but families here should just pay for their kids as they are expected to do. The hotel is already going above and beyond by giving restaurant breakfast and club lounge access; the latter is not a requirement for LC properties. Enough instances of people trying to skirt the rules could lead the hotel to reconsider this.
Absolutely. Having breakfast together with wife and kid will worth a lot more than 2,260 Yen to me. The fact that the hotel is going above and beyond by giving restaurant breakfast and club lounge get me thinking, wildly
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I don't see why that would be an issue. A Diamond staying at Conrad Tokyo or Hilton Odaiba is more than welcome to eat breakfast at both the restaurant and the lounge.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I don't see why that would be an issue. A Diamond staying at Conrad Tokyo or Hilton Odaiba is more than welcome to eat breakfast at both the restaurant and the lounge.
Splitting a family of four into two groups of two in order to have half eat in the lounge and half eat in the restaurant is breaking the rules. Breakfast is for the member + 1, and the hotel extends lounge access to member + 1.
bgriff and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:28 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by hailstorm
And anybody who walks in off the street gets free breakfast at a Hampton Inn, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with the policy of a completely different hotel...
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by chad75
Also been unable to apply SNAs for an upcoming five night stay in April. Informed by the hotel they don't participate in the program - didn't think it was optional?
this does appear to be the case...we're planning a stay in may, and noticed the same thing. any recent plats (or plat premiers, soon to be titaniums) who have recent upgrade experience here or want to comment on general platinum treatment? thanks!

Last edited by karenkay; Feb 3, 2019 at 3:27 pm
Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:02 pm

We stayed there for 3 nights over Christmas 2018 with paid nights for a standard room. I am a platinum and was given free breakfast at the restaurant and access to the club lounge. No upgrades. On the first morning, we had breakfast in the restaurant and it was good but the waiter took forever to bring the coffee and custom ordered eggs. We were ignored until I got another waiter's attention. I think there were too many restaurant customers and too few staff. Second morning, we had breakfast in the lounge and there were less food selection compared to the restaurant but, the club lounge staff was amazing. They remember us by names and gave us 100% attention. So, I would recommend eating breakfast in the club lounge. The other food presentations and free alcohol in the in the club lounge were really good too.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I thought the lounge breakfast was amazing, although it didn't have a lot of Asian foods. Also missing were made to order pancakes/waffles/French toast.

Given the lounge's little kitchen for breakfast eggs prepared to order, it seemed surprising that they don't use this facility in the evening or do some demonstration cooking thing every evening (as was done once upon a time at the former StR Shanghai lounge, now the LC Hongta).

As an AMB level guest, I was given one of their larger Premier 1K rooms, not a suite nor did it even have a sitting area, but it was nice with stocked bookshelves and I also noticed that only this room type (one on each floor apparently) and the suites have the valet pass through cabinet with door for newspapers, shoes and laundry/dry cleaning. To me, that seemed like a surprising choice in the design of the hotel. It also made me think that one should remember be sure to keep the inside door of the thing locked as a small person could perhaps squeeze through the surprisingly large IME openings to access the room.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AirMike
We stayed there for 3 nights over Christmas 2018 with paid nights for a standard room. I am a platinum and was given free breakfast at the restaurant and access to the club lounge. No upgrades. On the first morning, we had breakfast in the restaurant and it was good but the waiter took forever to bring the coffee and custom ordered eggs. We were ignored until I got another waiter's attention. I think there were too many restaurant customers and too few staff. Second morning, we had breakfast in the lounge and there were less food selection compared to the restaurant but, the club lounge staff was amazing. They remember us by names and gave us 100% attention. So, I would recommend eating breakfast in the club lounge. The other food presentations and free alcohol in the in the club lounge were really good too.
Definitely harder to get Plat upgrades at the peak holiday periods in Japan. I agree the buffet service and items selection could be improved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.