Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2018, 12:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by Aventine
Ritz might do more for kids? I know sometimes the guest relations person does cute notes, chocolates for anniversaries, etc. But then again, we've had stories of points stays just getting their room and not much else.

I think the overall benefits would be greater at PG with Plat access to the lounge, breakfast, etc. Maybe they will have kids amenities if you ask nicely.
maybe this ?

Ritz Kids | The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo
Old Dec 16, 2018, 1:09 am
kkl

Any data points on plat booking 2 rooms and breakfast/lounge offered to both?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kaizen7
The Ritz Kids® Night Safari program at The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo is offered exclusively for guests staying in The Carlton Suite
That's a very nice experience if it was offered for every room and kid.

I was thinking something more like FS with a stuffed animal, kids robes, slippers, kids bath amenities and some coloring books.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:25 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
During my stay earlier this month, I asked the front desk to confirm that I could have breakfast in the restaurant as well as in the Club and was told that they “would be making some changes but that for now, yes” I could have breakfast in either.
I suspect the long hand hand of Marriott May be at work, but who knows?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
As for the question of R-C or PG, I can’t really speak to the toddlers issue, though threy might enjoy the immediate vicinity (mall & plaza) of the R-C more and like the fact that they are in the tallest building in Tokyo.
Both hotels are very good. The R-C is larger and offers more choices in (and I think better) restaurants, and I found the concierges there more helpful. It’s generally buzzier and seems to have a higher proportion of Western guests. Much as I love the club staff at the PG, the club is small and can get very crowded. The club at the R-C is huge, never felt crowded while I was there, and as you might expect given that it is not complimentary for loyalty members, the food offerings are more frequent, more varied and more copious.

Last edited by rfrost; Dec 16, 2018 at 3:45 am
Old Dec 16, 2018, 5:51 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
The LNF/BRG opportunities at this property are kind of ridiculous. Every time I'm planning a stay and I think it's finally time to check out the RC Tokyo, I end up doing a LNF match and this hotel ends up being less than half the price than the RC along with lounge access included and good room upgrades.
I've been looking into this lately, how far is out is the reservation that you LNF? I'm currently about 8 months out and seeing the best pricing I can find on the hotel's website. It's also possible I'm not looking at the right OTAs. I'm strongly considering this property on either cash or points over the Ritz based on what I've seen of the hard product. The fantastic reviews of service certainly don't hurt though.

Last edited by Beltway2A; Dec 16, 2018 at 6:00 am
Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
I've been looking into this lately, how far is out is the reservation that you LNF? I'm currently about 8 months out and seeing the best pricing I can find on the hotel's website. It's also possible I'm not looking at the right OTAs. I'm strongly considering this property on either cash or points over the Ritz based on what I've seen of the hard product. The fantastic reviews of service certainly don't hurt though.
It comes and goes. I cannot get one for Nov 2019 right now, the OTA rates are way higher. However, I managed to pull 29k JPY a night for a week in February, and 26k for a single night after I return from Kyoto. I actually would have gotten 26k for the week, but coincidentally that rate disappeared after my first BRG for the single night. These are after the 25% off obviously, and just the pre-tax room rate, but I'd say it's quite a bargain.

EDIT:
To actually answer your question, I did these two days ago, so it doesn't necessarily have to be far out. I do stalk the prices compulsively though (I probably check Kayak 50-100 times a day) and for some reason Feb 16 is super expensive compared to all my other dates so I couldn't get a good LNF on it.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Dec 16, 2018 at 6:30 pm
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:19 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by bhrubin

IMO it’s wiser to touch base as soon as you can—and certainly more than 2-3 mos in advance if you desire the top 2-3 Michelin star options. The earlier you touch base, the easier it will be to also offer and/or elicit alternative suggestions if your first choice options don’t come through.

I always touch base ASAP with concierges in cities where I’m trying to get top restaurant bookings. Tokyo, Kyoto, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Florence, Rome, London, Cape Town, Mexico City, Lima, etc.
The idea of knowing where I'm going 5 months in advance is absolutely foreign to me. At best, I know a month in advance. More often than not, I'm booking travel a few days before departure. Most of my international trip (like the one I just left on 2 days ago) start as a one-way with the return not booked yet because of uncertainty about plans.

This is mostly my fault — I'm always behind on planning upcoming travel. I could never get these really difficult things you need to plan months in advance.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by musicscrip

Can you please help me out? I am deciding between Ritz Tokyo or Prince Gallery to take my 2 toddlers to Disney Tokyo for a few days. We will be staying for 5 nights using points (both are at 60000pt each right now if I book before March 2010). We have PP and PE. Which hotel do you think kids will enjoy the most?

I am leaning towards Prince Gallery right now because of the lounge access and about 30min car ride to Disney. But to get my points worth, Ritz seems to be a much better choice!

thanks
The Prince Gallery isn't really a family hotel (which is one of the things I like about it — I despise hotels run over by screaming kids and vacationers). I can't speak to the Ritz Carlton Tokyo, but I can say that the Platinum benefits & recognition won't be even close to what the PG will offer.
3rdworldresident and kaizen7 like this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by rfrost
As for the question of R-C or PG, I can’t really speak to the toddlers issue, though threy might enjoy the immediate vicinity (mall & plaza) of the R-C more and like the fact that they are in the tallest building in Tokyo.
Both hotels are very good. The R-C is larger and offers more choices in (and I think better) restaurants, and I found the concierges there more helpful. It’s generally buzzier and seems to have a higher proportion of Western guests. Much as I love the club staff at the PG, the club is small and can get very crowded. The club at the R-C is huge, never felt crowded while I was there, and as you might expect given that it is not complimentary for loyalty members, the food offerings are more frequent, more varied and more copious.
The tallest building of Tokyo (not tower, which would be the SkyTree) is the Toranomon Hills skyscraper, in which the Andaz is located. The Ritz's building is only the second-tallest.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by helvetic
The Prince Gallery isn't really a family hotel (which is one of the things I like about it — I despise hotels run over by screaming kids and vacationers). I can't speak to the Ritz Carlton Tokyo, but I can say that the Platinum benefits & recognition won't be even close to what the PG will offer.
I agree with you after doing more research on it. For my toddler, I will have to pay 3500Yen per day for the lounge visit because you only get plat member+1 guest for the free lounge access.

You have to be 18y and older to use the swimming pool and it’s free for platinum.

The hotel told me it is 8000yen to take taxi from the hotel to DIsney world and that’s the best way to get there.

I might just forget about Tokyo and forget about DIsney (since we are going to DIsney world and Disney cruise in Flora in a few weeks) then just do Ritz Kyoto again. RItz Kyoto is super kids friendly.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:18 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by musicscrip

I agree with you after doing more research on it. For my toddler, I will have to pay 3500Yen per day for the lounge visit because you only get plat member+1 guest for the free lounge access.

You have to be 18y and older to use the swimming pool and it’s free for platinum.

The hotel told me it is 8000yen to take taxi from the hotel to DIsney world and that’s the best way to get there.

I might just forget about Tokyo and forget about DIsney (since we are going to DIsney world and Disney cruise in Flora in a few weeks) then just do Ritz Kyoto again. RItz Kyoto is super kids friendly.
There is also a Sheraton right at Tokyo Disney. If your main reason for going to Tokyo is for Disney, you'd be better off staying there or somewhere else near Disney, since it is not all that easy to get to from many parts of central Tokyo. Especially so if you would potentially have a stroller, etc.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:59 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
It comes and goes. I cannot get one for Nov 2019 right now, the OTA rates are way higher. However, I managed to pull 29k JPY a night for a week in February, and 26k for a single night after I return from Kyoto. I actually would have gotten 26k for the week, but coincidentally that rate disappeared after my first BRG for the single night. These are after the 25% off obviously, and just the pre-tax room rate, but I'd say it's quite a bargain.

EDIT:
To actually answer your question, I did these two days ago, so it doesn't necessarily have to be far out. I do stalk the prices compulsively though (I probably check Kayak 50-100 times a day) and for some reason Feb 16 is super expensive compared to all my other dates so I couldn't get a good LNF on it.
Thanks for the data points. The Marriott booking channel is now only showing Club level rooms for my dates, so I think they're still sorting out the new inventory system. I'll keep an eye on as many 3rd party sites as I can.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
Thanks for the data points. The Marriott booking channel is now only showing Club level rooms for my dates, so I think they're still sorting out the new inventory system. I'll keep an eye on as many 3rd party sites as I can.
Inventory went really weird after the platform migration. For example, you can book the "Superior" room with cash which I am pretty certain doesn't even exist and is just a made up masking category for the Deluxe room they made to control award inventory. Under SPG that room was only bookable on points, and it's not bookable via any other booking channel.

Originally Posted by helvetic
The tallest building of Tokyo (not tower, which would be the SkyTree) is the Toranomon Hills skyscraper, in which the Andaz is located. The Ritz's building is only the second-tallest.
RC still hasn't taken the tallest building claim off their site despite Toranomon overtaking them four years ago.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:03 am

Hi,
does anyone know if I would be able to upgrade to club room or even a suite with points at this hotel?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.