Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by musicscrip

I agree with you after doing more research on it. For my toddler, I will have to pay 3500Yen per day for the lounge visit because you only get plat member+1 guest for the free lounge access.

You have to be 18y and older to use the swimming pool and it’s free for platinum.

The hotel told me it is 8000yen to take taxi from the hotel to DIsney world and that’s the best way to get there.

I might just forget about Tokyo and forget about DIsney (since we are going to DIsney world and Disney cruise in Flora in a few weeks) then just do Ritz Kyoto again. RItz Kyoto is super kids friendly.
It's a different experience than the US Disneys with Disney Sea. More cleaner and orderly. You could do Universal Studios Osaka if you're in Kyoto.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by helvetic
The idea of knowing where I'm going 5 months in advance is absolutely foreign to me. At best, I know a month in advance. More often than not, I'm booking travel a few days before departure. Most of my international trip (like the one I just left on 2 days ago) start as a one-way with the return not booked yet because of uncertainty about plans.

This is mostly my fault — I'm always behind on planning upcoming travel. I could never get these really difficult things you need to plan months in advance.
As a data point, I just booked a stay here for mid January 2019 yesterday and did a LNF, which was promptly approved. The rate is 2631 JPY per night (after 25% off, before taxes), so it's very possible to find lower rates just 1 month ahead.

Edit: Removed OTA name.

Last edited by Dave510; Dec 21, 2018 at 1:36 pm
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by Dave510
As a data point, I just booked a stay here for mid January 2019 yesterday and did a LNF, which was promptly approved. The rate is 2631 JPY per night (after 25% off, before taxes), so it's very possible to find lower rates just 1 month ahead.

The OTA I matched against, for this booking, was EDITED.
Please do not mention the sites you have successfully used for an LNF in the forum. Thanks.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The rate is 2631 JPY per night.
$23.69 US? Really?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by funkbandit
Please do not mention the sites you have successfully used for an LNF in the forum. Thanks.
Serious question - why not?
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Central90210
Serious question - why not?
In the LNF thread it is said that Marriott and the Mods have agreed to this arrangement. MR obviously doesn't want a shipload of successful LNF claims everyday and FTers like to have at least some information about which LNF claims went through. Therefore, this agreement was reached. This means you can post anything but the competing website.
Central90210 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by Kacee
$23.69 US? Really?
Sorry, a mistake. The matched rate was 25,351 JYP.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Sorry, a mistake. The matched rate was 25,351 JYP.
Still a nice price
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I just realized my BRG rate lists only one guest rather than two. Hopefully this won't pose an issue since this hotel doesn't charge different rates for single vs double occupancy.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I just realized my BRG rate lists only one guest rather than two. Hopefully this won't pose an issue since this hotel doesn't charge different rates for single vs double occupancy.
Are you sure? A lot of Japanese hotels do charge more for an extra person.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Aventine
Are you sure? A lot of Japanese hotels do charge more for an extra person.
This one does not. You can check on the Marriott site. I ended up just having the hotel change it to 2 people though and they didn’t mind.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by funkbandit
In the LNF thread it is said that Marriott and the Mods have agreed to this arrangement. MR obviously doesn't want a shipload of successful LNF claims everyday and FTers like to have at least some information about which LNF claims went through. Therefore, this agreement was reached. This means you can post anything but the competing website.
Having not followed the LNF thread of late...seriously? First, perhaps Marriott should be more concerned with its site actually displaying the lowest rates. Second, why on earth would the mods here agree to shill like that?
Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by CLEguy

Having not followed the LNF thread of late...seriously? First, perhaps Marriott should be more concerned with its site actually displaying the lowest rates. Second, why on earth would the mods here agree to shill like that?
I think they may be mistaken. I’m pretty sure people stopped putting it because Marriott had people lurking in the thread to monitor claims which could lead to a deal quickly being killed. If the mods here were okay with such agreements then Marriott Insiders probably wouldn’t exist.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Should Marriott just ask LNF team to report which website that used for claim and act quickly?
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
—- deleted —-

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; Dec 22, 2018 at 10:18 pm Reason: Wrong thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.