Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Punta De Mita, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Punta De Mita, Mexico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2022, 11:05 pm

Spice Market (Dinner)

Old Mar 11, 2022, 11:08 pm

Wet Deck

Old Mar 11, 2022, 11:10 pm

Chevycheria

Old Mar 11, 2022, 11:12 pm

Venazu (special dinner)

Old Mar 11, 2022, 11:16 pm

Venazu (Dinner)

Old Mar 15, 2022, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by loganre17
Considering heading down for a weekend stay in a few weeks. Can anyone comment on the beach chair situation? Are they all paid, or is it only the "special ones"?
Only the 5 double beds at the front of the property are paid. can't remember the price, maybe USD100 for the whole day including 2 cocktails.
Also unclear if they're free if you have one of the suite with private pool.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:48 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
If you get one of the private pool suites you get your own Vegas style “cabana” complex. Two chairs on top floor, sofa and bathroom downstairs. I think the chairs on the beach are then in theory also reserved for these rooms.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat Hyatt Globalist Marriott Platinum
Heads up for anyone who may be in the same situation or looking for an upgrade: All oceanfront suites and the adults pool at the beach are closed for renovations from 7/28 thru 10/1.

This also includes the EWOW 2 Bedroom suite which was not at all clear from the hotel's communication and is what we had booked for an upcoming trip in late Sept. We are obviously very disappointed and the hotel is offering lagoon or oceanview rooms as a replacement which are nowhere close to a similar accommodation especially since the rooms aren't even connecting and we are travelling with two toddlers. Not sure what I should be pushing for here as I don't think there is anything else on property that would be comparable to the EWOW. I am Plat, would this situation fall under the elite Ultimate Reservation Guarantee which would require similar accommodation at another property (St Regis?) plus the $200 + 90k points? This is part of a trip with a stay at another property with other family members as well so we are quite locked into our other travel arrangements and being in the general area. Additionally we had made this reservation all the way back in January and are just being told about this closure now.

Any advice on what is owed would be greatly appreciated.
bizum likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 1:42 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by c_alt24
Heads up for anyone who may be in the same situation or looking for an upgrade: All oceanfront suites and the adults pool at the beach are closed for renovations from 7/28 thru 10/1.

This also includes the EWOW 2 Bedroom suite which was not at all clear from the hotel's communication and is what we had booked for an upcoming trip in late Sept. We are obviously very disappointed and the hotel is offering lagoon or oceanview rooms as a replacement which are nowhere close to a similar accommodation especially since the rooms aren't even connecting and we are travelling with two toddlers. Not sure what I should be pushing for here as I don't think there is anything else on property that would be comparable to the EWOW. I am Plat, would this situation fall under the elite Ultimate Reservation Guarantee which would require similar accommodation at another property (St Regis?) plus the $200 + 90k points? This is part of a trip with a stay at another property with other family members as well so we are quite locked into our other travel arrangements and being in the general area. Additionally we had made this reservation all the way back in January and are just being told about this closure now.

Any advice on what is owed would be greatly appreciated.
Be aware...the St. Regis is also undergoing renovations and parts of the resort are closed off and rooms being reassigned.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by c_alt24
Heads up for anyone who may be in the same situation or looking for an upgrade: All oceanfront suites and the adults pool at the beach are closed for renovations from 7/28 thru 10/1..........
Is the renovation delayed or is this the second phase?

Our suites and Wet Too adults-only pool are under renovation until December 1st 2022
Old Feb 27, 2023, 8:58 am

Heading to the W in April for 6 nights on points. Only have gold status. Does anyone know what the typical upcharge is for a suite (Haven/Oasis)? Anniversary trip so willing to pony up, but only so much. Thanks!
Old Mar 14, 2023, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL, HH, Bonvoy
Thank you for the menu postings! Does anyone know what cocktails at the pool/beach cost here? We're trying to determine if paying for all-inclusive makes sense -- we'd need to spend about $400 USD per day on food and drinks to make it "worth it" and if pool drinks are $25 each that's easy, if they're $8 not so much.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 8:44 pm

any recent reviews?
Old Mar 4, 2024, 1:41 pm

SNA success - Wow Suite

Had a two night stay in a Wow Suite - had originally made a cash booking for a Wonderful Jungle room and used SNA to pick 5-6 of the higher options of which Wow Suite was the highest option. Last time we had paid cash for an Oasis suite, this is definitely a bit nicer and bigger but I actually prefer the oasis suites on the end since they have the most privacy (eg neighbours couldn't see you on the plunge pool deck). The Wow suite we were assigned looks like it was the one between an Extreme Wow and another Wow suite - so not much privacy if you're on the terrace since the other two terraces are just few feet away so you end up making friendly conversation with your neighbors. Not a huge deal unless you have some neighbors that like to party .
Other than the renovated rooms, not much has changed in past two years. Prices are a bit higher, cocktails are all around 260 mxn. We arranged for an SUV pickup at the airport which was 2580 mxn one way for the ~45 min ride. Poolside food and the chevy ceviche are still great. Beach is gorgeous and sandy. Elite breakfast was a bit puzzling - first day they gave us this basic menu where you can order things like eggs but some things like bacon or an extra egg is an additional charge. So we paid extra for some bacon on the side. On the 2nd day we were told that theres enough of a breakfast crowd to warrant a full breakfast service (including the buffet) and that everything was included for Elites? Didn't make sense but we went with it. The ceviches are bomb, we would get at least 2-3 including takeout. On day 2, we got more ceviche to go and when I got to the room I notice the boxes were half the size. And of course, it had less ceviche as well. Called to ask about that and they said they had run out of the large boxes but the quantity was the same (nope it wasn't). Its a few issues like that and the breakfast which were a bit annoying but overall I really like the property and would return again in a few years for a quick beach fix..

Can post some menus later, will add more text as well.

Bathroom

Shower/bath

Terrace plunge pool

Terrace

Elite basic breakfast (bacon was extra)

Poolside food

chevycheria

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.