Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Punta De Mita, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Punta De Mita, Mexico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2021, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, UN Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Hi jepiv, The email address we have for the hotel is [email protected] Hope this helps!

Robert V.

Social Media Liaison
Thank you very much! Much more helpful.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 10:11 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
That's Marriott's approach to consumer engagement in one fantastic message. That should become a meme.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 7:28 pm
FT

Has anyone stayed in any of the Oasis oceanfront suites? Seems the Junior suite have some drawbacks and am wondering if it'd be the same in the Oasis suite?
Old Apr 27, 2021, 9:09 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FT
Has anyone stayed in any of the Oasis oceanfront suites? Seems the Junior suite have some drawbacks and am wondering if it'd be the same in the Oasis suite?
There are two styles of oceanfront junior suites. (They're both junior suites, basically large rooms with elevated bed areas above a lower living area.) Haven suites are downstairs, and are sometimes now sold with access to the beach cabana in front of them. Oasis suites are upstairs. See my review a couple of posts above, we stayed in both. Neither is perfect.
FT and bizum like this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 9:38 am
FT

Ah, got it. Had incorrectly assumed they moved you into another Haven suite. We're going in a few weeks after my second dose for a long weekend. While we definitely want to get away, we're planning ton heading further up North beyond Sayulita at least one of the days to get more flavorful Mexican food :=) I expect a few things at the hotel but spicy food isn't one of them.

We're renting a car for about $60 for the trip and I appreciate the ATM recommendation.
Old May 25, 2021, 10:11 pm
FT

Just got back. Resort was terrific. Not many people so getting room at the pool or beach was a non-issue. Not every restaurant was open every day. Service was not stellar. Food was good and when I reminded them I'm ordering from Elite breakfast there was no issue whatsoever and that's with our add ons. We arrived at 5 and suite wasn't ready. The checkin wasn't stellar either, but they made up for it with a comped meal while we waited. Did venture North one day up to Los de Marcos, San Pancho, and Sayulita and down to Bucerias for dinner one night. Bring pesos. Had a great time and loved every minute. Would 100% go back and stay at the W.
bizum likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Have a stay booked for a long weekend in July.

Reading through the thread it seems the main gripes are location and service.

Since a car rental seems very reasonably priced, would that solve for the remoteness of the hotel? Having never been to the area, I am curious if parking and driving around is an issue in terms of safety?
Old Jun 27, 2021, 10:35 pm
FT

We had a great time and could have stayed longer to take more time, but we managed to go to Bucerias one night for dinner and the beach towns at PM proper as well as further up North. Zero issues the rental car and high recommended to get out and about.
FlyingFrZ likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by FT
We had a great time and could have stayed longer to take more time, but we managed to go to Bucerias one night for dinner and the beach towns at PM proper as well as further up North. Zero issues the rental car and high recommended to get out and about.
Thank you for the info. Looks like we're going to go ahead and rent the car

​​​​​Seems like Gecko Car Rental is the go to choice for most and their prices are rather competitive.

Any must visit towns or beaches we should not miss?
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:45 pm
FT

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Thank you for the info. Looks like we're going to go ahead and rent the car

​​​​​Seems like Gecko Car Rental is the go to choice for most and their prices are rather competitive.

Any must visit towns or beaches we should not miss?
Bring pesos. This was mentioned upthread.

Starting from PM and heading North to sayulita, San Pancho, and Los de Marcos you’ll notice less and less of a tourist infrastructure so depends on how adventurous you are. If you actually want to get in the ocean, the waves at San Pancho and LdM kicked our ... (it was fun). sayulita has much calmer waves.

I loved San Pancho fwiw
FlyingFrZ likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 9:49 pm

I just stayed at the W Punta Mita and had a nice time. While I was crossing my fingers for a nice upgrade with SNAs and being Titanium, as well as mentioning being there for my 25th anniversary, that was not to be, but wasn't expected. SNAs didn't happen and were refunded. The W was nice enough to send over a bottle of champagne on ice after we checked in and surprised us with a cake slice in the room for my wife's birthday (also during the trip). It's a nice resort, I thought the service across the board was very friendly and excellent.

I did think the included elite breakfast was quite good. It included coffee, a choice of juice (green is excellent and I usually don't drink many green juices), choices of a variety of breads including pan dulce, a great fruit plate and finally choice of oatmeal, cereal or cold cuts/cheeses plate. I did take pictures of day one's fruit and meat/cheese plate but since I don't have 5+ posts, I can't share the pics.

I would recommend that if you aren't planning on just staying at the W and relaxing, get a rental car. I highly recommend Gecko if you get one, they were fantastic including some tips on some quirks in their driving rules in the airport area.. They also pointed out a convenient ATM to get pesos right near them and just before getting to the main road towards Punta Mita. We were out and about quite a bit and it's really not that easy if you don't have your own car. We did a Marietas island trip running from Nuevo Vallarta, we also drove around the PM area and up to Sayulita and the next town north San Pancho/San Francisco which was sleepier and much preferred. Sayulita was a bit of a zoo.

Overall, we had a great time and would recommend the W Punta de Mita, I'd go back.
FT, bizum and FlyingFrZ like this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by RickS
I just stayed at the W Punta Mita and had a nice time. While I was crossing my fingers for a nice upgrade with SNAs and being Titanium, as well as mentioning being there for my 25th anniversary, that was not to be, but wasn't expected. SNAs didn't happen and were refunded. The W was nice enough to send over a bottle of champagne on ice after we checked in and surprised us with a cake slice in the room for my wife's birthday (also during the trip). It's a nice resort, I thought the service across the board was very friendly and excellent.

I did think the included elite breakfast was quite good. It included coffee, a choice of juice (green is excellent and I usually don't drink many green juices), choices of a variety of breads including pan dulce, a great fruit plate and finally choice of oatmeal, cereal or cold cuts/cheeses plate. I did take pictures of day one's fruit and meat/cheese plate but since I don't have 5+ posts, I can't share the pics.

I would recommend that if you aren't planning on just staying at the W and relaxing, get a rental car. I highly recommend Gecko if you get one, they were fantastic including some tips on some quirks in their driving rules in the airport area.. They also pointed out a convenient ATM to get pesos right near them and just before getting to the main road towards Punta Mita. We were out and about quite a bit and it's really not that easy if you don't have your own car. We did a Marietas island trip running from Nuevo Vallarta, we also drove around the PM area and up to Sayulita and the next town north San Pancho/San Francisco which was sleepier and much preferred. Sayulita was a bit of a zoo.

Overall, we had a great time and would recommend the W Punta de Mita, I'd go back.
Thank you. We are all set with Gecko

May I ask who you booked your Marietas island tour with?
Old Jul 18, 2021, 11:11 pm

Is it a bad idea to head here with a toddler? We were planning to stay at StR but hearing its StR prices but not at StR standards.
I know that one of the pools is adults only, read somewhere about a kids club but no mention on the website.
We are planning to just stay at the resort for 6 nights for some r&r -

Edit: sounds like kids club is closed at both. With a toddler, we'll be just staying at the resort so our priorities are decent food/service, nice beach and some kid friendly areas (might book a havana or oasis suite with a plunge pool - its almost half the price of the StR)

Last edited by bizum; Jul 19, 2021 at 11:19 am Reason: update on kids club
Old Sep 4, 2021, 8:13 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Any recent updates/stays here?

Looking at this property for an October/November stay; crossed the St Regis off our list due to consistently poor recent reviews relative to the off-the-charts prices (starting at $1400/night for our trip dates). Any more recent visits? Seems like most of the hotel is operating normally.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 6:42 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Plat, National Exec
Same, wondering about any recent stays? Have one upcoming in a couple weeks. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.