Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Punta De Mita, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Punta De Mita, Mexico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by bhrubin

So how was the W Punta Mita vs StR Punta Mita? Did you enjoy both as much as I’d have guessed, even if you prefer the StR?

I liked the W a lot, especially our room, the architecture, the lobby and the pool. The spa building was amazing, though the services lacking ( in general service was not amazing). And as I think said in the St. Regis forum, it's exactly what a W should be (and the St. Regis is what a st Regis should be). I don't think I would stay at the W again, in Punta Mita. I think for me the W brand is better for an urban experience, but if I'm going to be far way from everything and staying on property a lot (or all the time), then I want the best. Everything at the W is just a notch down in terms of quality (which makes sense, it's not a critique).
bhrubin likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Nice piece in Daily Mail travel
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...a-Nayarit.html
Old Apr 21, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Just a heads up that it seems the Elite Breakfast Amenity is no longer the full buffett breakfast but a Continental basket delivered to your table. They give you the one time chance to upgrade at checkin for $35 per person per day to the full buffet. Seems quite the cut in benifit to me!
Old Apr 21, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
Just a heads up that it seems the Elite Breakfast Amenity is no longer the full buffett breakfast but a Continental basket delivered to your table. They give you the one time chance to upgrade at checkin for $35 per person per day to the full buffet. Seems quite the cut in benifit to me!
Old Apr 21, 2019, 10:02 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
That’s incredibly mean for a W resort and doesn’t seem in line with the property’s general attitude. I can’t ever remember paying for breakfast brunch at a Starwood 4/5* resort in the past.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:55 am

It is quite the cut, very tacky. Do you happen to know what the basket contains? Is it just breads?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
It is quite the cut, very tacky. Do you happen to know what the basket contains? Is it just breads?
I don't but will attempt to find out the full details before I leave and post the information.

Overall I have to say the resort doesn't seem as good as it did when I was last here, service is very mixed but might just be down to the fact it was easter weekend.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:38 pm

I don't but will attempt to find out the full details before I leave and post the information.

Overall I have to say the resort doesn't seem as good as it did when I was last here, service is very mixed but might just be down to the fact it was easter weekend.
My one stay there left me feeling that it is a very nice property with mediocre service. Or at least, typical W service. It seems like it would be very possible, given the location (the high room rates + low labor costs) to have exceptional service (relative to other W resorts, I would not expect St. Regis level service).
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond; Alaska MVP Gold
Breakfast for Platinum Elite members

I will be staying there next month and as such, reached out to the hotel about the breakfast amenity for Marriott Platinum members. No full buffet anymore. Instead you receive coffee, juice, fresh fruit plate, and toast or a pastry. If you pay an upgrade fee of $30, you and a guest will be upgraded to the AYCE breakfast buffet ($80 value).
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Michele Foley
I will be staying there next month and as such, reached out to the hotel about the breakfast amenity for Marriott Platinum members. No full buffet anymore. Instead you receive coffee, juice, fresh fruit plate, and toast or a pastry. If you pay an upgrade fee of $30, you and a guest will be upgraded to the AYCE breakfast buffet ($80 value).
That's terrible. I hope you complain to the manager on site. Also, I've had that breakfast, and while it may cost $40 per person, it's certainly not worth that. I think the St. Regis charges about the same amount and it's much nicer.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:54 pm

That's terrible. I hope you complain to the manager on site. Also, I've had that breakfast, and while it may cost $40 per person, it's certainly not worth that. I think the St. Regis charges about the same amount and it's much nicer. Honestly, you'd probably be better off just taking the continental free breakfast and asking to order a side of eggs or other protein. That's probably $5 or something.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:13 am

That's terrible. I hope you complain to the manager on site. Also, I've had that breakfast, and while it may cost $40 per person, it's certainly not worth that. I think the St. Regis charges about the same amount and it's much nicer. Honestly, you'd probably be better off just taking the continental free breakfast and asking to order a side of eggs or other protein. That's probably $5 or something.
I’m pretty disappointed. I just made Platinum status and was really excited to use this benefit at the resort. At the very least you’d think they could make it a true continental breakfast – include some yogurt, boiled eggs, SOMETHING. But for the prices and level of service, a piece of toast is insulting.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 11:12 am

That's terrible. I hope you complain to the manager on site. Also, I've had that breakfast, and while it may cost $40 per person, it's certainly not worth that. I think the St. Regis charges about the same amount and it's much nicer.
Reason enough to avoid this hotel, especially since it seems to have service issues as well
Old Apr 27, 2019, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by puchong
Reason enough to avoid this hotel, especially since it seems to have service issues as well

Yes, but the property itself is really exceptional so it's dissapointing. The rooms are beautiful, the pool is gorgeous, the lobby and restaurant are great. I'm not sure why they can't get their act together when it comes to customer service. The other properties in the area seem to be able to do it just fine.

Sometimes I think that the W brand is focused on a cool image & aesthetic at the expense of some service basics.
Old May 4, 2019, 11:49 am

change to welcome breakfast amenity

Update: it looks like persistent pays off. After emailing several Marriott departments, as well as the hotel, I received word that effective on 4/29, the W Punta Mita is changing their welcome breakfast amenity to the full buffet. Im
unclear if this is the hot or continental buffet, but it’s definitely a step up from toast, coffee, and juice.

I also noticed that we’re several recent reviews on TripAdvisor criticizing the hotel’s lack of recognition to elite members, which management replied to. Can’t help but think this also played a role.

Staying there at the end of this month. Fingers crossed they actually honor this statement, but I have all the emails and names of employees that I will share with management if they try and overlook the benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.