Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Future St. Regis locations: when and where?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Future St. Regis locations: when and where?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by khabah
Agreed but it’ll have to be a no-go for the Admiralty Arch; it was supposed to be an Armani Hotel for the longest time before that went quiet... but at the end of 2017, they formally signed an agreement with Hilton to launch it as the Admiralty Arch Waldorf Astoria in 2022.
khabah
It Hilton/Waldorf Astoria can have a London property, StR certainly can as well. It’s definitely a stronger brand backed by a better company, Marriott.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 2:24 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

It Hilton/Waldorf Astoria can have a London property, StR certainly can as well. It’s definitely a stronger brand backed by a better company, Marriott.
I completely agree with that and would love for London to have a St. Regis - the right St. Regis in the right place. I think Marriott is busy pushing W for now while they continue aligning and repositioning the Starwood brand portfolio but yes, a major hub like London is definitely lacking a top-end Marriott brand that can and should be filled ASAP.

khabah
Old May 10, 2018, 3:03 pm

St. Regis Kanai still on track for December opening?
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:22 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Update from Belgrade: passed by the Belgrade Waterfront and the Kula Belgrade tower housing the St. Regis/branded residences is moving at a slow pace. There's some activity with equipment roving about and some superstructure, but according to the sales team, residential sales are ongoing and delivery is expected at the end of 2020 so there will obviously be a delay from the planned 2019 opening. Based on the early stage of on-site works, I don't expect it to open before sometime in 2021.

khabah
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Hold your horses...but I’ve heard a rumor that Malayasian conglomerate, Mulpha, may have interest in St. Regis managing both its current InterContinental Sydney, currently undergoing a $200 million upgrade , and its recently closed and soon to be refurbished/rebuilt ultra-luxe Hayman Island (which ended its One&Only association a few months ago). That’d be a huge move by St. Regis and Marriott.

There’s also a rumor of a new luxury tower development in Melbourne being flagged eventually as a St. Regis.

No idea how likely these are to come to fruition...but wow, that would be fantastic if any of them came through.
Melbourne has been announced.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Shangri-La
Melbourne has been announced.
Indeed. At least half of those rumor came to pass. The IC Sydney and Hayman were being considered for St Regis--but ultimately IC was retained to manage both.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Indeed. At least half of those rumor came to pass. The IC Sydney and Hayman were being considered for St Regis--but ultimately IC was retained to manage both.
Would love to see a luxury brand (StR, RC, MO, FS, ect.) set up a property in the Great Barrier Reef.

Sad to see St. Regis lose the Princeville contract. Hopefully they can find a way back to Hawaii (along with expanding in the Caribbean).
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Slightly OT, but I think another obvious play for Marriott would be to try to acquire the Ritz.
While I whole-heartedly agree, my understanding is that there are licensing/naming issues for Ritz-Carlton to operate in the UK and in France due to the two older/original "Ritz" hotels in London and Paris respectively. So it's not just a real-estate question, but also an intellectual property question.

Taking over those hotels, doing major renovations and updates, bringing them into compliance with the R-C corporate and service standards, having them on the same reservation system, MR/RC elite benefits, points earning/redeeming would benefit Marriott by reducing customer confusion, and give them a flagship hotel in these two cities.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by Brucemcdou
While I whole-heartedly agree, my understanding is that there are licensing/naming issues for Ritz-Carlton to operate in the UK and in France due to the two older/original "Ritz" hotels in London and Paris respectively. So it's not just a real-estate question, but also an intellectual property question.

Taking over those hotels, doing major renovations and updates, bringing them into compliance with the R-C corporate and service standards, having them on the same reservation system, MR/RC elite benefits, points earning/redeeming would benefit Marriott by reducing customer confusion, and give them a flagship hotel in these two cities.
I for one hope Marriott never get their hands on the Ritz in London, it is an iconic property and all I can see them doing is destroying it!
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold

I am not sure in certain parts of the world that holds true. StR isnt that strong a brand and in Europe I would say Hilton has a higher brand recognition than Marriott by quite some way!

I would imagine returns on investment have a lot to do with the issues of no StR in London, yes it could clearly support it you only need to look at the high end hotels there are and how much they charge but they are located in 2 specific areas really and add in the specification the hotel would need and staffing levels with butler service to be brand standard and all of a sudden with the wage costs in London then you can see why hotel owners would more likely go with other brands as their return is likely to be far higher!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
I for one hope Marriott never get their hands on the Ritz in London, it is an iconic property and all I can see them doing is destroying it!
UKTraveller- I don't disagree that becoming part of Marriott could make those hotels worse, not better. Was just responding to MikeFromTokyo's point that it would be a real addition and benefit to the R-C brand to have those hotels actually be part of the chain. I know there's customer confusion on the relationship. I've got my brand/marketing hat on today, not my guest hat!
Old Sep 8, 2018, 3:32 pm

Any chance we see a St. Regis going to Tokyo anytime soon?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
I'm confused... Is the new St Regis in Sydney or Melbourne?

Also: is there a place where one can browse the list of all upcoming/new Marriott/SPG properties? There used to be an easy to access list on SPG.com but none on the Marriott (or new program) side.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by RafKa
I'm confused... Is the new St Regis in Sydney or Melbourne?

Also: is there a place where one can browse the list of all upcoming/new Marriott/SPG properties? There used to be an easy to access list on SPG.com but none on the Marriott (or new program) side.
Melbourne.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/st-regis-fi...bourne-in-2022
Old Oct 30, 2018, 1:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
New St Regis Tamuda Bay in Morocco...seaside beach resort. Opening 2020...

https://www.hotelnewsresource.com/article102368.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.