Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Mumbai, India [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Mumbai, India [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Stayed here this weekend, we were here for 2 nights from Friday and then missed our train on Sunday and had to come back again for a Sunday night stay.

Having stayed here plenty of times, this was probably one of the best stays we have had. While other hotels seem to have had issues with maintenance and upkeep in the pandemic the rooms at St. Regis look up to date, the fabric and everything is spotless. Last time we stayed post Pandemic there were still some issues but those seem to be ironed out.

We had the Sunday easter brunch and it was the best brunch by far we have had in India and probably in the world. The service was excellent, the Champagne was free flowing, and the food was excellent. So many options, my wife had like 2 lobsters and crab and the person was nice enough to de-shell the lobster for her even. I loved some Singapore rice they had with Chicken - just lovely. Sushi, Chaat, the deserts were so tasty.

Anybody looking for a good hotel in Mumbai, highly highly recommend this one.
eponymous_coward and RafKa like this.
Old May 8, 2022, 5:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

St Regis vs. JW Marriott Juhu:
Anyone stayed at both hotels?
I am a Titanium member and booked 2 rooms at JW and both got Suite upgrades
1. Royal Beach Suite,
2. Beach Suite, Ocean View, Suite

St Regis is upgrade pending and I see 1 bed room suites avaialble as of now.

We want to visit normal tourist places for 2 days.

Any suggestions as which one to pick?
Old May 8, 2022, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by kcdude
1. Royal Beach Suite,

Go for the St. Regis hands down. Far better than JW Juhu. Location wise too, St. Regis is right by the Palladium mall and plenty of cool stuff in the area. Even the breakfast is far superior in terms of quality and spread.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by kcdude
1. Royal Beach Suite,

I've stayed at both multiple times & prefer the St. Regis. Your upgrade chances would be pretty similar at both properties.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:49 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Booked 2 rooms and got upgraded to 1 Bedroom racecourse view on both. Used SNA on one and other one requested during check in.
Here is the video of the suite.

Here is the video of the breakfast at Seven Kitchens Restaurant.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton , Hyatt, Qatar
October stay

Stayed three nights the second week of October and was upgraded to a very nice suite on the 20th floor. Service was very good and in addition to the hotel restaurants you have a number of good options in the mall which is accessible on the ground floor.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 5:17 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
Don’t understand all the positive reviews of this property. Definitely not worth the St Regis designation. Probably more like a Marriott or Sheraton. It feels a bit dated. Also there is a musty odor in the rooms. When I asked the front desk if they had another room they offered a room with a worse smell! This is after a 4 night stay at the Taj Santacruz where I had no complaints. Will definitely not stay at this property again.

PS: they did give me a new room but turns out that the door doesn’t lock I.e you can just push it open no key card required. This is an awful hotel. Stay away.

Last edited by tomcat007; Nov 10, 2022 at 8:59 am Reason: Updated information
Old Nov 12, 2022, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by tomcat007
Don’t understand all the positive reviews of this property. Definitely not worth the St Regis designation. Probably more like a Marriott or Sheraton. It feels a bit dated. Also there is a musty odor in the rooms. When I asked the front desk if they had another room they offered a room with a worse smell! This is after a 4 night stay at the Taj Santacruz where I had no complaints. Will definitely not stay at this property again.

PS: they did give me a new room but turns out that the door doesn’t lock I.e you can just push it open no key card required. This is an awful hotel. Stay away.
I haven't stayed here in almost 3 years but used to stay here regularly back then. I always had good stays & was happy to return. Now there are others who have told me similar things to what you are saying. Seems like this property is going downhill fast.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by baxxter
St Regis Mumbai does not offer Platinum Elite access anymore to their (unlimited) cocktail hour. Instead, when you check in, you get cocktail vouchers (approx 1/night) which you can exchange for a cocktail + a snack in various bars throughout the hotel.

I ended up not using those, so not sure how significant the snack is, but the unlimited cocktails + snacks in Luna Lounge for platinum elites is gone.
I'm staying at hotel right now. I think they bring back the free drinking/food during 6-8pm for titanium member. You just need to give them the room number.
RafKa likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 8:39 am

Planning on staying here in a few months. I'm Titanium and was thinking of using my SNAs on this property. My alternate would be to stay down at the Oberoi or Taj (prices between all three are the same). I've stayed in the Trident on Nariman point before, so familiar with the area - less so with the St Regis spot.

Any thoughts on the St Regis vs the other two?
Old Jun 30, 2023, 1:40 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jayceevee
Planning on staying here in a few months. I'm Titanium and was thinking of using my SNAs on this property. My alternate would be to stay down at the Oberoi or Taj (prices between all three are the same). I've stayed in the Trident on Nariman point before, so familiar with the area - less so with the St Regis spot.

Any thoughts on the St Regis vs the other two?
St. Regis is a great property but probably not where I would use SNAs. The hotel is great, the food in all their restaurants is excellent. The rooftop is great but just a warning that you can't charge any expense to your room.

I think overall service at Oberoi is above St. Regis and by that I mean service without asking for anything. As an example, we had stayed there for 3 nights, the 2nd night we came back from Lunch to find housekeeping had nicely folded our phone charging wires into a cute pouch. We weren't sure whether our room included breakfast or not, and when we went down for breakfast and asked the server he just told us not to worry about it and enjoy the food (We weren't charged for it either and I still have no idea whether I had booked a rate that included breakfast or not).

The Oberoi also wins for views if you can get a Bay View room. Below was our view from Oberoi Bay View room, and if I could snatch it again at the price I paid I would go for a couple of nights just to enjoy the room. On a clear day, you can just see the vastness of the Arabian Sea (and the windows are soundproof for the road noise).

Overall though, I have stayed at the St. Regis probably 3-4 times an year in last 4-5 years and it has always been great. I would heartily recommend it, but if being in Marriott is not critical to you I would recommend Oberoi.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by kumarshah
St. Regis is a great property but probably not where I would use SNAs. The hotel is great, the food in all their restaurants is excellent. The rooftop is great but just a warning that you can't charge any expense to your room.

I think overall service at Oberoi is above St. Regis and by that I mean service without asking for anything. As an example, we had stayed there for 3 nights, the 2nd night we came back from Lunch to find housekeeping had nicely folded our phone charging wires into a cute pouch. We weren't sure whether our room included breakfast or not, and when we went down for breakfast and asked the server he just told us not to worry about it and enjoy the food (We weren't charged for it either and I still have no idea whether I had booked a rate that included breakfast or not).

The Oberoi also wins for views if you can get a Bay View room. Below was our view from Oberoi Bay View room, and if I could snatch it again at the price I paid I would go for a couple of nights just to enjoy the room. On a clear day, you can just see the vastness of the Arabian Sea (and the windows are soundproof for the road noise).

Overall though, I have stayed at the St. Regis probably 3-4 times an year in last 4-5 years and it has always been great. I would heartily recommend it, but if being in Marriott is not critical to you I would recommend Oberoi.
Thank you so much. This is incredibly helpful information!
Old Jul 9, 2023, 4:42 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by kumarshah
The rooftop is great but just a warning that you can't charge any expense to your room.
Not sure what you mean by this. Is the “rooftop” the pool area? I charged lunch there to my room, as well as charged everything else to the room including a massage I spent at the hotel when I stayed in March this year.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 12:44 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by quinella66
Not sure what you mean by this. Is the “rooftop” the pool area? I charged lunch there to my room, as well as charged everything else to the room including a massage I spent at the hotel when I stayed in March this year.
No, their Rooftop Bar/Lounge called Asilo. Last time we went there in night, they told us the rooftop is managed by a different company and you can't charge anything to your room.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 2:14 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
The hotel is going downhill fast, especially under a new General Manager who has no clue how to run it. Also, it is becoming more of a business hotel than a luxury one. Here is a take on the hotel after returning there three years in a row.

https://livefromalounge.com/the-st-regis-mumbai-change/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.