Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Mumbai, India [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Mumbai, India [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2020, 12:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
After staying here, in my view this is the best hotel in Mumbai. I was given an upgrade to a beauitful suite, and the service was exceptional.
  • Amazing views of Arabian Sea
  • Tallest building in Mumbai
  • Beautifully decorate suite
  • Stunning lobby with amazing pieces of art
  • Fantastic food
  • Rooftop terrace on 37th floor
  • Infinity pool
  • Exceptional service

Old Nov 30, 2020, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by enox5
After staying here, in my view this is the best hotel in Mumbai. I was given an upgrade to a beauitful suite, and the service was exceptional.
  • Amazing views of Arabian Sea
  • Tallest building in Mumbai
  • Beautifully decorate suite
  • Stunning lobby with amazing pieces of art
  • Fantastic food
  • Rooftop terrace on 37th floor
  • Infinity pool
  • Exceptional service
My only issue with this hotel (and the 4S as well) is the location. Have you stayed at the Taj and if so what’s your opinion on how these properties compare? In addition to the location the noise at the 4S was also a bit of an issue, sandwiched in between two mosques with loudspeakers on and off all day.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 2:39 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
My only issue with this hotel (and the 4S as well) is the location. Have you stayed at the Taj and if so what’s your opinion on how these properties compare? In addition to the location the noise at the 4S was also a bit of an issue, sandwiched in between two mosques with loudspeakers on and off all day.
I've stayed at the Taj, and I think the St Regis is better.

I was actually disappointed with the Taj. The location is amazing - opposite the gateway of India. Apart from that, most things weren't great. The rooms were tired, the breakfast didn't have any fresh juice and we didn't get any recognition as a Taj Gold. I feel like Taj 5* hotels don't match up to the internaional brands.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Deciding between this and 4 seasons, anyone have experience with both?
Old Dec 28, 2021, 1:10 pm

Programs: QR Plat, UA Plat, DL Gold, Marriot Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Definitely go with the St. Regis, they both are in the same general area but as a Marriot Elite, they treat you pretty well. They have upgraded me numerous times as a plat, titanium and ambassador numerous times to caroline astor and above suites. Thats the only downside with 4S. Unless you frequent a property or use FHR they rarely give you an upgrade.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 1:11 pm

Programs: QR Plat, UA Plat, DL Gold, Marriot Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Deciding between this and 4 seasons, anyone have experience with both?
Definitely go with the St. Regis, they both are in the same general area but as a Marriot Elite, they treat you pretty well. They have upgraded me numerous times as a plat, titanium and ambassador numerous times to caroline astor and above suites. Thats the only downside with 4S. Unless you frequent a property or use FHR they rarely give you an upgrade.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 2:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by thatguywhotravel
I’ll be using FHR because I need to use it my Amex credits. I ended up booking both to compare but thanks for the input!
Old Dec 29, 2021, 2:44 am
Accor Contributor Badge

St. Regis is the best in Mumbai right now after Oberoi of course. Recently, finished stay at Four Seasons using FHR though and they definitely recognized that and also got upgraded to higher category room. But the rooms at St. Regis are fresher/newer?

St. Regis also has more dining options also - their new Lebanese place is quite darn good.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
This thread basically sold me on using two of my 2022 AMEX Platinum FHR credits for 2 nights at the St. R (I know, well, when AMEX will give you good SUB offers on the Schwab AND a Gold->Platinum upgrade and you get the popup on a Platinum signup, weeeeellll…), and I used a 2021 credit on two nights at the 4S, so I’ll report back on 4S vs St. R. I’m Marriott Platinum for 2021/2022 with a wind-aided credit card signup, so I hope FHR + status yields some results.

It is pretty rare when I can actually stay in these kinds of properties, so this should be a treat…

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Dec 31, 2021 at 2:42 am
Old Dec 29, 2021, 11:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
This thread basically sold me on using two of my 2021 AMEX Platinum FHR credits for 2 nights at the St. R (I know, well, when AMEX will give you good SUB offers on the Schwab AND a Gold->Platinum upgrade and you get the popup on a Platinum signup, weeeeellll…), and I used a 2020 credit on two nights at the 4S, so I’ll report back on 4S vs St. R. I’m Marriott Platinum for 2021/2022 with a wind-aided credit card signup, so I hope FHR + status yields some results.

It is pretty rare when I can actually stay in these kinds of properties, so this should be a treat…
My exact thought process. Here’s hoping to safe travels to India next year!
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 2:16 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
This thread basically sold me on using two of my 2021 AMEX Platinum FHR credits for 2 nights at the St. R (I know, well, when AMEX will give you good SUB offers on the Schwab AND a Gold->Platinum upgrade and you get the popup on a Platinum signup, weeeeellll…), and I used a 2020 credit on two nights at the 4S, so I’ll report back on 4S vs St. R. I’m Marriott Platinum for 2021/2022 with a wind-aided credit card signup, so I hope FHR + status yields some results.

Both will be amazing. The Eggs Benedict at 4S was so good I had it for breakfast both days we stayed there. St. Regis breakfast/lunch/dinner buffet at their Seven Kitchens restaurant is probably unmatched in Mumbai at the moment. The variety and options are great. If you are there on a Sunday, their Sunday brunch is great. Last time my Wife had 2 Lobsters in brunch there!

One good advantage of St. Regis is its in the mall, the mall also has many good restaurants to try + good places for drinks too.

At 4S, definitely recommend going to their rooftop bar AER - best in the city. Amazing views, amazing drinks.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 2:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kumarshah
Both will be amazing. The Eggs Benedict at 4S was so good I had it for breakfast both days we stayed there. St. Regis breakfast/lunch/dinner buffet at their Seven Kitchens restaurant is probably unmatched in Mumbai at the moment. The variety and options are great. If you are there on a Sunday, their Sunday brunch is great. Last time my Wife had 2 Lobsters in brunch there!

One good advantage of St. Regis is its in the mall, the mall also has many good restaurants to try + good places for drinks too.

At 4S, definitely recommend going to their rooftop bar AER - best in the city. Amazing views, amazing drinks.
My only concern was proximity to tourist attractions. In your opinion how easy is it to get in and out this part of town?
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My exact thought process. Here’s hoping to safe travels to India next year!
I’m already here waiting for a flight to Goa (and a more downscale hut on a beach in Mandrem). I’ll report back next week.

Right now there’s rumblings of large public gatherings being banned, we’ll have to see where this goes as far as actual tourism. My plans for getting around the city mostly involve taxis, Uber, or hotel house cars.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 12:53 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

My only concern was proximity to tourist attractions. In your opinion how easy is it to get in and out this part of town?
Both Hotels are very close to each other. St. Regis is better as being next to the Mall, more taxis, Uber available. Most people know the mall itself, so easy to get back to the hotel.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My FHR upgrade at the 4S was to a standard room with a view. My upgrade at the St. R (FHR + Platinum) was to this. I think the St. Regis wins this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.