Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points (Darling Harbour), Sydney, New South Wales, Australia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points (Darling Harbour), Sydney, New South Wales, Australia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2010, 6:29 pm

Stayed here for 7000 points per night last month, a good deal for me. No cash and points available. I thought the service was outstanding but was not very impressed with rooms; city view was of another building, double bed was small, mattress not that great, no free wifi in lobby like in westin, I went across street to apple store. But I can't really complain for 7000 points a night from my Amex spg signup bonus!
Old Dec 20, 2010, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Just be friendly and enquire about an upgrade. I have been upgraded from city view to harbour view rooms as a Gold in the past. That's probably the best freebie you would get at the 4P as a Gold.
I was upgraded to a harbor view from city view when I was gold, but I was close to the aquarium which does not offer much of a view of the harbor.

Ask for a room away from the aquarium side (the left side of the building if you are facing darling harbor) if you are upgraded to the harbor view side.@:-)
Old Dec 20, 2010, 8:13 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The left side of the building is over the Western Distributor, a very busy road. Personally, I prefer the right side of the hotel.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 9:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by m0hamed
The left side of the building is over the Western Distributor, a very busy road. Personally, I prefer the right side of the hotel.
If you are looking out towards Darling Harbour, its actually the right side of the building thats right by the highway. More view of water but fewer lights at night ...
Old Dec 20, 2010, 9:42 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mario33
If you are looking out towards Darling Harbour, its actually the right side of the building thats right by the highway. More view of water but fewer lights at night ...
I have lived in Sydney all my life, and stayed at this property many times. I have stayed in Darling Harbour Suites and Maritime Studios. The suites on the centre to right side of the hotel facing the water with balconies are best, those on the left get much more noise from the Western Distributor and the shockingly bad exhaust fumes that mean you spend no time on the balcony.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 9:48 pm
Suspended

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpo...ropertyID=1305 (select birds eye view)

will show you how close the highway is to the right side of the building, but I agree the view is nicer.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 9:23 am

Programs: Accor Plat,SGP plat, Hyatt Dia, PC Plat, QF Plat, SG TPP, TG Gold
I stayed here last night for pre-paid AUD180 only because of the double stay offer ( which as it turns out I didn't need). The rooms are VERY tired and I also got the aquarium, star city 'view'. Could have had Sheraton on the Park @ 200.00. The staff are pleasant but the general amenity facilities are slipping

Originally Posted by schistosomiasis
Stayed here for 7000 points per night last month, a good deal for me. No cash and points available. I thought the service was outstanding but was not very impressed with rooms; city view was of another building, double bed was small, mattress not that great, no free wifi in lobby like in westin, I went across street to apple store. But I can't really complain for 7000 points a night from my Amex spg signup bonus!
Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:42 pm

Programs: QF,VS,SQ,SPG,IC
NYE Stay

I hadn't been to Sydney on NYE for 10 years so decided to book an award stay at the Four Points. Had to book a minimum of 3 nights but was able to get a Deluxe Harbour View room on a specialty award for 8500 points per night. These rooms have a balcony overlooking Darling Harbour.

Had tickets to view the midnight fireworks from Sydney Tower but watched the 9pm fireworks at Darling Harbour from the balcony of the room. I'd say it lasted a good 10 minutes and you are right on top of the action. I've uploaded a video of just the last 50 seconds for anyone interested. I'm a bit disappointed with the playback but at least it will give you an idea.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30631288@N04/5322471545/

If you have a bucket list to use points you might want to add this one. Watch the 9pm fireworks from your room then head off to watch to midnight fireworks on Sydney Harbour. A wonderful use of points.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 2:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
when you guys say suites for U/G's are you saying a two room suite or just a very large room?
Old Feb 16, 2011, 5:00 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

The Maritime Studio is a big room, and I prefer it to the Darling Harbour Suite because it has floor to ceiling windows. The Darling Harbour suite is 2 separate rooms.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 1:46 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Does anyone have an email address for this property's GM?
Old Feb 17, 2011, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Does anyone have an email address for this property's GM?
You have a PM...I spoke with him 2 days ago when I was there
Old Feb 17, 2011, 4:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
can you have 2 adult 2 Kids (<12) in this properties rooms
Old Feb 18, 2011, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
The Maritime Studio is a big room, and I prefer it to the Darling Harbour Suite because it has floor to ceiling windows. The Darling Harbour suite is 2 separate rooms.
^
Old Feb 18, 2011, 7:45 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
when you guys say suites for U/G's are you saying a two room suite or just a very large room?
I like the 2 room suite ^. It has a King bed in one room and the bathroom and closet lead off that room. The entry door to room opens into the lounge room, and a small counter, with microwave and fridge. They also provide plates and cutlery ^. There is a wooden door that can be closed between the lounge room and the bedroom. I have only ever had the Darling Harbour view suites so I cant comment on the city view suites. I would definitely try for the view. Some of the suites have a little ledge that my daughter loves to sit on to look out on the view, others have a large balcony. There is two old style TVs (lounge & bedroom)...no flat screens, amazingly!

Again you would struggle to fit two roll aways in these rooms. I have seen that some of the suites have a connecting door with a normal hotel room with 2 single beds on the other side, so maybe that is a better option for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.