Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points (Darling Harbour), Sydney, New South Wales, Australia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points (Darling Harbour), Sydney, New South Wales, Australia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2016, 1:08 pm

Unlike some, I've always enjoyed this property. Sorry to see it go.

Cheers,
Old Jun 12, 2016, 5:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
I think the only real disappointment are for those that were using this for award stays at reasonable prices (Category 4).
Revenue stays, too. And as I recall, we got better Platinum treatment here better than at either of the other Sydney properties.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 7:41 pm
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
There goes the best Four Points in the world.

That's one way to ensure consistent brand standards. Lose the outstanding properties!
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:08 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Darling Harbor may be on the way out, but Central Park is in: the 297-room Four Points Sydney, Central Park was just announced. Opening in 2018 as part of a Foster + Partners mixed-use development. Good news!

http://m.hospitalitynet.org/news/4076653.html

khabah
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, OZ Dia, HH Dia, SPG Plat25, MR Plat, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Off-topic, but whatever happened to the Aloft which was/is supposed to open on Pitt Street in Sydney this November?

Cant seem to find any information on it anymore.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 5:30 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by OriginalName
Off-topic, but whatever happened to the Aloft which was/is supposed to open on Pitt Street in Sydney this November?

Cant seem to find any information on it anymore.
Others have noticed it has disappeared from SPG.com
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:46 pm

Any one have had success in changing dates of existing award reservations over the phone? I was told by the 800 call center that they would need to submit the request to the local hotel
Old Aug 22, 2016, 5:12 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Been staying here consistently and I can safely say the experience is very inconsistent. Platinum is sometimes recognised and upgrade to suites badly happen
Old Oct 4, 2016, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Will be reflaged as Hyatt Regency in December.

http://investors.hyatt.com/investor-...y/default.aspx
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:03 am

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
I'm confused. I see a number of references to the 4P Sydney leaving SPG on Nov 30.

But SPG.com is offering reservations in Dec and Jan, although not points or cash + points. If I book on spg.com, will I still get benefits and status credits?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:35 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
I'm confused. I see a number of references to the 4P Sydney leaving SPG on Nov 30.

But SPG.com is offering reservations in Dec and Jan, although not points or cash + points. If I book on spg.com, will I still get benefits and status credits?
Once the property is deflagged you will NOT get any SPG benefits. Most likely you would not get any benefits in the bew flag program either as it was booked via SPG and not them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.