Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2016, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by tylerc
Doesn't hurt to ask - they accommodated my requests for privacy, outward facing, etc, but did not upgrade my to sunset side. I'm gold as well, and occupancy was quite low. Honestly, the OWV is absolutely amazing.
Re privacy and sunset/sunrise: is the sunset side really better? the villas on the sunset side look a lot closer to each other. Privacy is important for me, as is the ability to have sun by the deck/pool of your OWV for a good amount of the day.
I wouldn't mind paying the extra $ for the sunset view, if it's worth it? Do you have any insights?

Thank you!
Old Dec 10, 2016, 11:50 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by honflyer
Re privacy and sunset/sunrise: is the sunset side really better? the villas on the sunset side look a lot closer to each other. Privacy is important for me, as is the ability to have sun by the deck/pool of your OWV for a good amount of the day.
I wouldn't mind paying the extra $ for the sunset view, if it's worth it? Do you have any insights?

Thank you!
Let you know in three days
Old Dec 11, 2016, 6:49 am

Please take some pics of the breakfast buffet if you have the time, Pseudo Nim. TIA!
Old Dec 11, 2016, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Please take some pics of the breakfast buffet if you have the time, Pseudo Nim. TIA!
i have to feed content to my blog that nobody reads, so i most definitely will
Old Dec 11, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Just called to see what the redemption amounts were for mid feb. 120k starpoints per night!
Old Dec 11, 2016, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
i have to feed content to my blog that nobody reads, so i most definitely will
Link please!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 7:06 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
How was the air con temperatures in the OWVs? I've been told that the higher water temps in the Maldives often makes air con not particularly effective in the OWVs--even at night, but especially during the daytime heat. Any reports on that would be great.

This is one of the reasons I expect we'd stay in a beach villa. I need great air con!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:56 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by bhrubin
How was the air con temperatures in the OWVs? I've been told that the higher water temps in the Maldives often makes air con not particularly effective in the OWVs--even at night, but especially during the daytime heat. Any reports on that would be great.

This is one of the reasons I expect we'd stay in a beach villa. I need great air con!
Tylerc said that AC in the OWV wasn't an issue. Felt very cool even during the day.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 10:08 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by np05
Just called to see what the redemption amounts were for mid feb. 120k starpoints per night!
120 night? Was 90 before

Owv?
Old Dec 12, 2016, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Ants1
Tylerc said that AC in the OWV wasn't an issue. Felt very cool even during the day.
Yup. It was freezing when we came in. Had to turn it off and open the doors, hah.

Weather is cloudy and it's windy. Lagoon is a bit too wavy for now as well, so snorkelling's out for now. In-villa pool it is...
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:51 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Yup. It was freezing when we came in. Had to turn it off and open the doors, hah.

Weather is cloudy and it's windy. Lagoon is a bit too wavy for now as well, so snorkelling's out for now. In-villa pool it is...
When I first came into my room, the AC was turned off, and even after a couple of hours, while it did cool down somewhat, it didn't reach a cool temperature -- I think the key is, if you want AC, make sure to leave your AC running and your doors closed, otherwise it will take a long time to catch up.

I was originally given 506, which is on the Convex side of the arc, and asked to be moved to something more private -- I am now at 524, which is one of the last ones on the northeastern side of the pier.

The currents are much more intense at 524 than at 506, so if you are looking for an easy relaxing swim, there might be a good reason to pick something on the convex arc.

We were told that The Great Room (welcome lounge) will be opening for guests tomorrow, [we were given the temporary lounge]. The Bentley is still waiting for it's registration, they hope to have it in the next week.

Someone asked about how the internet is ... http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5873717337
The ip address is 124.195.223.234, if you'd like to run some traceroutes.

Latency to London seems to be about 165ms, so while it is reasonably fast to download/upload, interactive stuff like Google Docs will be a bit difficult to use.

Last edited by some dude; Dec 12, 2016 at 11:59 pm
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by some dude
When I first came into my room, the AC was turned off, and even after a couple of hours, while it did cool down somewhat, it didn't reach a cool temperature -- I think the key is, if you want AC, make sure to leave your AC running and your doors closed, otherwise it will take a long time to catch up.

I was originally given 506, which is on the Convex side of the arc, and asked to be moved to something more private -- I am now at 524, which is one of the last ones on the northeastern side of the pier.

The currents are much more intense at 524 than at 506, so if you are looking for an easy relaxing swim, there might be a good reason to pick something on the convex arc.

We were told that The Great Room (welcome lounge) will be opening for guests tomorrow, [we were given the temporary lounge]. The Bentley is still waiting for it's registration, they hope to have it in the next week.
+1, we were also warned about currents in our outward facing sunset villa. This sure as hell isn't the IC Thalasso lagoon On the other hand, haven't even gone swimming yet and already seen various size fishes, so there's definitely more marine life. Once the weather improves, will report back on that.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:13 am

As promised, the breakfast buffet.

The concept here seems to be that there isn't a huge wasted buffet that nobody touches; the à la carte menu takes care of most needs, and then there is a supplementary selection of additional items like cold cuts, pastries and so on.

http://imgur.com/a/4gt1Y

I was a bit surprised at how the caviar omelette is so overhyped and so bland, but I guess I had a similar experience with the thermidor on SQ Suites, so I probably shouldn't have too much confidence in things Flyertalkers get excited about. The cheese selection is absolutely wonderful, the breads were great as well. The apple pie was completely uninspiring, and the eggs benedict left to be desired, as well.

Don't take my word for it, though, I suspect I'm just being picky.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by some dude

Someone asked about how the internet is ... http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5873717337
The ip address is 124.195.223.234, if you'd like to run some traceroutes.

Latency to London seems to be about 165ms, so while it is reasonably fast to download/upload, interactive stuff like Google Docs will be a bit difficult to use.
I was in 525!
Old Dec 13, 2016, 8:32 am

Thanks for the pics. Much appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.