Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2021, 11:44 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
Does anyone have any suggestions on how the departure experience works?

Does the St Regis provide a lounge if we are traveling in economy, or will we be dumped at the airport 6-10 hours before flight departure?

Debating whether to redeem for business or just buy economy. I don't see value in a 4 hours flight in business with recliner seats, but the lounge access might be a great alternative.

Has anyone done the vip transfer for departure?
Old Dec 23, 2021, 12:01 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by aviationp
Does anyone have any suggestions on how the departure experience works?

Does the St Regis provide a lounge if we are traveling in economy, or will we be dumped at the airport 6-10 hours before flight departure?

Debating whether to redeem for business or just buy economy. I don't see value in a 4 hours flight in business with recliner seats, but the lounge access might be a great alternative.

Has anyone done the vip transfer for departure?
They will place you in their lounge. I've been to the Maldives several times and can't recall I have ever used the Airport Lounge. Usually I go straight to the boarding gate.

Keep in mind their lounge is not what its used to be. It was great pre-covid where you can have an actually meal. Now they only serve non-cooked items. At least that was the case in August of this year.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 1:20 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Alternatively you can
- request a speed boat/domestic flight flight transfer on the way back.
There used to be a late afternoon/evening flight from a nearby local island, suitable for late international flight e.g. EY

- spend some time at the crossroads marina, scheduled speed boat from Male 50$ return, ( 1$ ferry to get to Male from Airport, runs every 10minutes. There are also some speedboats going directly to crossroads from Airport, no fixed schedule, taking guests to the Curio Saii or Hardrock Hotel, charged the same price, but you have to contact crossroads to arrange transfer.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by ilovecats1205
Anyone there feb 1 to feb 6 2022 want to split activities?
What activities are good for splitting?
Old Dec 23, 2021, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by mb123
Alternatively you can
- request a speed boat/domestic flight flight transfer on the way back.
There used to be a late afternoon/evening flight from a nearby local island, suitable for late international flight e.g. EY

- spend some time at the crossroads marina, scheduled speed boat from Male 50$ return, ( 1$ ferry to get to Male from Airport, runs every 10minutes. There are also some speedboats going directly to crossroads from Airport, no fixed schedule, taking guests to the Curio Saii or Hardrock Hotel, charged the same price, but you have to contact crossroads to arrange transfer.
I'm not sure if this applies, but may want to double check their covid protocols. Visiting destinations that are not defined as "tourist resorts" subjects you to increased covid screening, i.e. pcr tests.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 3:18 am

Programs: AS 100K
What's consider better...St. Regis Suite or Sunset OWV?

I see that there is just one StR Suite that is a sunset villa. How's the hotel about requesting to be placed in that specific suite? Do they honor it or is it a gamble?

First time going to MLE with two other friends, so three people in the room. We are not sure if we should redeem points for the Suite or Sunset OWV villa.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott LTP/PE
You can request a specific room but lottery at the time of checkin if it’s available.

I would go for the St Regis Suite with 3 people. The added size and room dividers will give you each more privacy and space.

A St Regis Suite is hard to get on points so if you see it, grab it.

Last edited by buddman; Dec 24, 2021 at 3:43 am
Old Dec 24, 2021, 5:19 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Always keep checking, folks. We had booked a 1 BR beach villa for 425k and I could just rebook for a 2 BR beach villa for 415k…
I’ll bring my parents in law - but forgot to update the occupancy. Do you know if they charge anything extra except for the seaplane transfer and maybe breakfast? Titanium member here.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 8:37 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Always keep checking, folks. We had booked a 1 BR beach villa for 425k and I could just rebook for a 2 BR beach villa for 415k…
I’ll bring my parents in law - but forgot to update the occupancy. Do you know if they charge anything extra except for the seaplane transfer and maybe breakfast? Titanium member here.
They shouldn't, but I'd email the hotel to be sure.
We made a points booking for 4 adults and were not charged extra except for the two points you mentioned. But I'm pretty certain we had set the occupancy to 4 on the booking. They'll need details of everyone arriving anyways, so you might as well reach out.
ChocolateFactory likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by LukFilm
What activities are good for splitting?
looking at the whale shark trip. 4 ppl min
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 12:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I rebooked again for the same price (410k), this time with 4 guests.
SInce we're going to invite my parents in law, do they still have those discounted prepaid dining credits? Where you pay a certain amount up front, but you get an F&B credit that's worth a little more? Or any good half board packages?
Ideally I don't want them to know how much the F&B is.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 3:29 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by ilovecats1205
looking at the whale shark trip. 4 ppl min
This could be tricky. The rules (at least when I was there a few months back) was that due to covid, splitting this activity between two parties was not allowed.

You'll find other antecdotes saying the same well upthread.

Kinda lame since we did a snorkeling trip with other people. But Id suggest checking with the hotel.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 5:56 am

Asked the hotel about a half board package for 4 guests.
This was their reply:

The points redemption reservation is inclusive of only room, hence, the dinner and breakfast charges will apply as follows:

• Breakfast charges will apply as USD 67.76 per adult per day. Breakfast is served as a semi buffet, semi a la carte scrumptious affair at Alba restaurant from 07:00 am to 10:30 am daily

• Dinner supplement of USD 110.88 per person per day. Please note that this will be from Selected items from menu at Alba and is exclusive of beverages. You may not exchange the option for lunch

• This option has to be selected for the entire duration of the stay for all guests sharing the same villa, and is not applicable during festive season

• Only available at ALBA with a three course set menu exclusive of all beverages (starter, main course and dessert)

• Only available at Alba. Other restaurants will have an Food credit of USD 90 per person (subject to 23.2% government tax and service)

• Food Credit of USD 90.00 per adult per night subject to 23.2% Service Charge and T-GST is applicable at Cargo and Orientale only

• This option has to be selected prior to your arrival at the resort

As an esteemed Titanium Elite Member, you will receive:

· Receive 75% bonus points of the total accumulated points for the stay

· Mobile Check-In / Services (subject to availability)

· Complimentary Premium Wi Fi Service

· Personalized St. Regis Butler Service

· Ultimate Reservation Guarantee (no walk policy)

· Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR breakfast at Alba Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1) –You can choose breakfast as your welcome gift in order to include daily breakfast for total 02 persons (member + 1) during your stay

· 4 pm Late Checkout (subject to availability)

· 10% Discount on Spa Treatments Excluding Spa Packages
Sounds like the package is basically face value at the other restaurants? So it would only make sense to use it at Alba?
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 9:08 pm

are the cash upgrades to the sunset overwater villa from the beach villa the same price as a non-sunset overwater villa?
Old Dec 26, 2021, 2:01 am

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, BA Gold
Thanks for all the reviews and tips on this thread - I've just booked 5 nights

As our return flight is in the morning, I'm looking to enjoy a full day and get the last seaplane back for a night in or near Male. Is a night on Crossroads SAii Lagoon a worthwhile option, or is it best to stay on Male eg with ShangriLa?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.