Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2022, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by AnttiV
Just managed to snag an OWV for next Christmas for 420k points (5 nights). Is there a way to request/secure a certain villa in advance as I would really prefer sunset and/or privacy not facing the resort?
No there is no way to secure a specific villa in advance. And the sunset villas would be an upgrade from the standard overwater villas, so to secure that, you'd need to pay for an upgrade. It also seems a number of the villas not facing the resort have become a separate category "panorama villas", so they would be considered an upgrade as well.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Jan 9, 2022 at 12:20 am
Old Jan 8, 2022, 11:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
No there is no way to secure a specific villa in advance. And the sunset villas would be an upgrade from the standard overwater villas, so to secure that, you'd need to pay for an upgrade. It also seems a number of the villas not facing the villas have become a separate category "panorama villas", so they would be considered an upgrade as well.
Thank you. I'll email them and ask how hefty price tag those upgrades have. I guess there's very little chance of being upgraded purely as a Titanium during peak dates.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just to update if anyone else is wondering, here’s the response:

Further to your request, as an all villas an suites only exclusive resort, complimentary upgrade or suite night awards do not apply at our property. our Villa rats are entirely dynamic and changes without prior notice hence we are regretfully unable to share a cash supplement in advance however should there be any availability on arrival, we will be happy to offer a preferential cash supplement for your kind consideration.

Thank you. I'll email them and ask how hefty price tag those upgrades have. I guess there's very little chance of being upgraded purely as a Titanium during peak dates.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 5:51 am

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Just to update if anyone else is wondering, here’s the response:

Further to your request, as an all villas an suites only exclusive resort, complimentary upgrade or suite night awards do not apply at our property. our Villa rats are entirely dynamic and changes without prior notice hence we are regretfully unable to share a cash supplement in advance however should there be any availability on arrival, we will be happy to offer a preferential cash supplement for your kind consideration.
Did you specifically ask for the quotes for cash upgrade? I have an upcoming stay in early March and I could upgrade my BV reserved on points to SOWV by paying some extra cash. But some postings above suggest OWVs reserved on points are not eligible for cash upgrade, which sounds weird though.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
Did you specifically ask for the quotes for cash upgrade? I have an upcoming stay in early March and I could upgrade my BV reserved on points to SOWV by paying some extra cash. But some postings above suggest OWVs reserved on points are not eligible for cash upgrade, which sounds weird though.
from my email:

Regarding the reservation below, I would like to enquire if there would be any upgrade options to a Sunset Overwater Villa available and if so, what would the cost be.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 10:18 pm

Just for the data point, I snagged a GV on points for Dec 25 - 30 about 5-6 hours ago. When I saw its availability, there were no other room categories but GV only. And now it has gone as well. Surely I will wait for BV or OWV to open for point redemption.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 10:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Just be aware that they have mandatory dinners sometimes. Definitely for NYE. I believe it was $1,000 per person. Not sure about Xmas.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Just be aware that they have mandatory dinners sometimes. Definitely for NYE. I believe it was $1,000 per person. Not sure about Xmas.
Thanks for the advice- I recall they enforce such mandatory dinner on Xmas eve (24th evening) and NYE (31st evening)? So I presume 25th and 30th should be fine?
Old Jan 9, 2022, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
IIRC, earlier in the thread, that the NYE dinner was definitely mandatory and the Christmas one was optional (apparently only after some complaining).

Just for the data point, I snagged a GV on points for Dec 25 - 30 about 5-6 hours ago. When I saw its availability, there were no other room categories but GV only. And now it has gone as well. Surely I will wait for BV or OWV to open for point redemption.
This is concerning to hear though. Hoping to grab same timeframe... hopefully this is just a bug since award space shouldn't have opened up yet?
Old Jan 9, 2022, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by flayum
This is concerning to hear though. Hoping to grab same timeframe... hopefully this is just a bug since award space shouldn't have opened up yet?
I was also surprised award space unexpectedly popped up a few hours ago as I mentioned- isn't it supposed to be released at 1-2am EST? (I read it somewhere in previous posts in this thread) Anyhow let's see.
flayum likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 11:12 pm

I snagged two OWV (on P&C) about two months before Christmas, enquired about a cash upgrade to a Two Bedroom, was told no. Then a couple weeks later, a two bedroom overwater and a two bedroom beach villa popped up, for same points and less cash than my original OWV bookings. The inventory they release on points is constantly changing.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 11:45 pm

While waiting for point bookings to open, I have a quick question- does below stay plan work in the current Covid rules in Maldives?

Stay at the StR between 18th-24th Dec / 1-night stay at Male on 24th Dec / stay at the RC between 25th-30th Dec

I am thinking of enjoying both top properties while it would be great to skip any mandatory Xmas eve gala dinner.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 4:31 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
As long as the situation next year will be the same….
you will need a Pcr Test not older than 48 h to change the hotel, with the right timing, 1 test will be ok to spent 1 night in Male and after that check in at RC.

Split stay must be approved by the ministry, as soon as 1 of your planned hotels is on the „ contact tracing list“ , the approval will be denied.
razflyer and noeatbutgo like this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott LTP/PE
Christmas booking

While waiting for point bookings to open, I have a quick question- does below stay plan work in the current Covid rules in Maldives?

Stay at the StR between 18th-24th Dec / 1-night stay at Male on 24th Dec / stay at the RC between 25th-30th Dec

I am thinking of enjoying both top properties while it would be great to skip any mandatory Xmas eve gala dinner.
Doesn't look like they've opened bonvoy booking at normal time - only paid stays showing? Or all award booking gone?
Old Jan 10, 2022, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by buddman
Doesn't look like they've opened bonvoy booking at normal time - only paid stays showing? Or all award booking gone?
Was watching every 15min from 1am EST until now (7am EST) and I never saw anything except paid stays. Other Maldivian properties switched over as expected shortly after 3am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.