Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2021, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
That's sweet, thanks for the info. Simply I cannot look up any date with OWV availability on points in Feb and early March. So I have decided to pay like US$90++ per night to upgrade my BV to Sunset OWV in late Feb for 3 nights. Now I am dealing with my options for another 5 nights!
Any idea what would the cost to upgrade to the sunset view owv from my lagoon view ?
Old Nov 22, 2021, 9:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
Just got a quote from the resort to upgrade my BV (on points) to StR OWV with a panoramic view at US$490++ (US$ 603.68 net) per night in Feb 2022 (high season). Any thought?
I would like to know how many points I need to pay for a StR OWV but simply I cannot check the rate due to lack of availability of that suite category not only in Feb but through next year... simply I can't find any date available.

If I compare BV and StR OWV based on full cash rate, the upgrade quote is largely reasonable imo.

Thanks!
H
It's possible that based on the cash rates it sounds reasonable and you can take it if you feel it's worth it, but this resort plays around with when and for how much they're offering upgraded villas for. The normal upgrade rate to an STR OWV has been +$75 per night all year round in the past. This year it was more than that during peak season; can't recall the exact amount but nothing close to +$600 per night.

It can't be checked now because they have recently pulled this villa (and many others) from being booked using points or points plus cash. It's not that STR villas and regular or sunset OWVs are not available but that the resort has decided to only make them available at cash rates. The only 2 types of villas they're allowing to be booked with points right now is GV and BV. That might change at any time but that's the situation at the moment.
renila and noeatbutgo like this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 10:11 pm

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by friedablass
It can't be checked now because they have recently pulled this villa (and many others) from being booked using points or points plus cash. It's not that STR villas and regular or sunset OWVs are not available but that the resort has decided to only make them available at cash rates. The only 2 types of villas they're allowing to be booked with points right now is GV and BV. That might change at any time but that's the situation at the moment.
Very clear! I knew it! Now I understand why I can't see any redemption availability of any OWVs types through next year even in November 2022.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 10:15 pm

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by dip2007
Any idea what would the cost to upgrade to the sunset view owv from my lagoon view ?
The best way is to contact the reservation centre of the resort directly. I roughly guess it would be closed to US$90++ given BV and lagoon view OWV rates are similar.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 5:06 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Infuriating update: 4 emails and 1 phone call later, and I'm still sans 200,000 points from my recent stay at St. Regis Maldives.

Here's a transcript of my most recent two emails:

Me: "Hello again. In your last e-mail you said

Concerning your request, kindly provide me the itemized folio of your stay with complete accommodation details so that I can credit all the eligible Points and Elite nights to your account respectively.

Please be advised that this will be my fourth time attaching an itemized folio. Once in my initial missing stay request, once after I received clarification of which charges are eligible for earning, a third time in my last email (attached in-line with the e-mail), and a fourth time now.

I have been unable to download an e-folio from my account page, so I have provided JPG images of the printed copy I was given while at the St. Regis Maldives. If you need a different format than JPG, then please contact the St. Regis Maldives directly.

I kindly request that any further communication BESIDES full resolution of this issue be conducted over the phone.
Full resolution of this issue would be the depositing of the owed 202,380 points into my account.

--name
--phone"

(2 JPG files attached)

Marriott: (excludes my most recent email and includes older chain of our emails)
"Thank you for contacting Marriott Bonvoy regarding.

(OP note, this line was blank)

We are unable to process your request at this time because we did not receive an itemized hotel bill or VCS in your original notification. To help us facilitate your request please reply to this email with a copy of your itemized hotel bill. If the bill does not include the hotel name and location (City and State or Country) please include that information in your email.

If, you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

Archna G

Marriott Bonvoy Guest Services "

I've noticed a trend where if it conveniences their avoidance of dealing with the issue, they selectively do or do not include former emails in the correspondence. This email didn't have my most recent email attached, but it did have former emails attached with it.

Anyways, I didn't know where to find the Platinum line until yesterday, so a call there is next.

#bonvoyed
Old Nov 23, 2021, 5:15 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joecool1885

#bonvoyed
Did you try the lurkers? The platinum line is a myth. It’s the same number on the back of any recent Bonvoy credit card
Old Nov 23, 2021, 5:47 am

Hi, I just booked 6 nights stay on Overwater St Regis Suite over Christmas with 590k points which I think it's a bargain considering they are selling for $7000 per night. Then received a email confirming my booking also states Room Type: Panoramic Overwater St. Regis Suite with Pool.

Are all Overwater St. Regis Suite panoramic or just for a few particular suites? As I was going to ask for the sunset one. Thanks!
Old Nov 23, 2021, 7:00 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by joecool1885
I have been unable to download an e-folio from my account page, so I have provided JPG images of the printed copy I was given while at the St. Regis Maldives. If you need a different format than JPG, then please contact the St. Regis Maldives directly.

#bonvoyed
Ver frustrating indeed.

I would also scan the folio to my computer so it can be sent in PDF format as well. Or you can use the Turbo scan app on your phone to save the folio in PDF format to your phone. Then resend it to them again. They obviously aren't going to contact the property for you to get the folio in another format.

Good luck.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 9:34 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jdj84
my email came Oct 19, so very well could be out of date!
In a few subsequent emails I did ask them again about this. They confirmed the Christmas gala is optional. The only other choices are in villa dining and orientale. That all being said, I decided to just do the gala anyways.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 10:35 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
I've got a OWV booked for points (Six nights - 620,000 points) in February. I just wrote to ask if it was possible, and how much it would cost, to upgrade either to a Sunset Villa or St. Regis Suite for cash and will report back.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by lagunas2k
In a few subsequent emails I did ask them again about this. They confirmed the Christmas gala is optional. The only other choices are in villa dining and orientale. That all being said, I decided to just do the gala anyways.
yeah we just decided not to bother asking, and to just do the gala as well. Seems like the easiest option, and we were prepared to pay for it anyways.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by dcmike
I've got a OWV booked for points (Six nights - 620,000 points) in February. I just wrote to ask if it was possible, and how much it would cost, to upgrade either to a Sunset Villa or St. Regis Suite for cash and will report back.
keep checking your dates as well. I had a regular owv booked, and I keep checking my dates and have seen the 2 bedrooms, sunset owv, and st regis owv pop up at different times with availability for my dates.
dcmike likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:47 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
It does seem like inventory is released randomly. Generally, the points + cash prices are far cheaper than booking on points and emailing the property directly for a cash upgrade. The hard part is finding points + cash space
Old Nov 23, 2021, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by jdj84
keep checking your dates as well. I had a regular owv booked, and I keep checking my dates and have seen the 2 bedrooms, sunset owv, and st regis owv pop up at different times with availability for my dates.
I have done the same. Last week OWV came up 800k points over Christmas week for 6 nights, I passed. Yesterday st regis suite appeared for only 590k 6 nights that I can't resist to book straight away. Not sure what's the algorithm but keep checking.
buddman, noeatbutgo and WasKnown like this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 3:59 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by friedablass
Ver frustrating indeed.

I would also scan the folio to my computer so it can be sent in PDF format as well. Or you can use the Turbo scan app on your phone to save the folio in PDF format to your phone. Then resend it to them again. They obviously aren't going to contact the property for you to get the folio in another format.

Good luck.
Sent an email directly to the St. Regis and asked them to send me a PDF copy along with a CC to the missing stay department with a reference to my case number. They did that this afternoon.

But... I'll put money on them somehow skirting around giving me points. The folio makes no reference to eligible spend, so the internal email that the agent read aloud to me when I called is what they need to see... where someone (presumably from the St Regis) actually told them the eligible spend (which was ~10K less than the total bill).

They already had all the data they needed more than a week ago. They're clearly just trying to avoid giving me the points.

Tally: 5 emails, 1 phone call. Second phone call is next on the list.

And I guess I'll look into what a "lurker" is soon too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.