Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jdj84
And the stuff they sent me says " All bookings falling over 24th December 2021 will be subject to a mandatory Christmas eve Gala Dinner Supplement which will be charged at USD 495 per adult subject to 23.2% Tax and service charge."
But it looks like Orientale is also open that night, so perhaps you can get out of it. All the other restaurants are closed for dinner service.
How long ago did you book your reservation? Maybe they tried to make it mandatory at first, then took a more optional stance when they had enough participants or there was a lot of push back. I just booked last week. Given many people don't actually "celebrate" Christmas in the true sense. No one can really say I don't celebrate New Years though... But I think I read somewhere the NYE Gala was like $1100 or so per adult which is pretty damn steep for a meal. But of course its also paying for the ambiance and entertainment etc. But cost is a bit over the top, especially if you are someone who is paying $5k a night a for a standard room over this time period.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 12:07 pm

Just found the paragraph they sent me in my welcome email:

In anticipation of your upcoming arrival, we would like to keep you informed on our policies which apply for all bookings starting 20th December 2021 to 12th January 2022 (both dates inclusive):
All upgrade requests remains non-guaranteed. We would be delighted to offer you cash upgrade based on availability of the preferred villa category.
· Marriott Bonvoy Member Food & Beverage Discount Program is not available during our peak season (20th December 2021 to 12th January 2022, both dates inclusive).
· All bookings falling over 31st December 2021 will be subject to a mandatory New Year’s eve Gala Dinner Supplement which will be charged at USD 1,095 per adult and USD 547.50 per child (02 to 11 Years) subject to 23.2% Tax and service charge.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by lagunas2k
Just found the paragraph they sent me in my welcome email:

In anticipation of your upcoming arrival, we would like to keep you informed on our policies which apply for all bookings starting 20th December 2021 to 12th January 2022 (both dates inclusive):
All upgrade requests remains non-guaranteed. We would be delighted to offer you cash upgrade based on availability of the preferred villa category.
· Marriott Bonvoy Member Food & Beverage Discount Program is not available during our peak season (20th December 2021 to 12th January 2022, both dates inclusive).
· All bookings falling over 31st December 2021 will be subject to a mandatory New Year’s eve Gala Dinner Supplement which will be charged at USD 1,095 per adult and USD 547.50 per child (02 to 11 Years) subject to 23.2% Tax and service charge.
my email came Oct 19, so very well could be out of date!
Old Nov 13, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott LTP/PE
I’m sorry. $1075 +24.2% + service, per adult for dinner is highway robbery, whatever the occasion. I think $547 for a 4 year old to some extent is worse.
estnet, N515CR, lagunas2k and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 2:48 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
Are there any concerns on the reliability of seaplanes? I'm deciding whether to have a day in Male between departing the hotel and flights back home?

I will definitely be doing that on the way to the St Regis, I don't want to risk this vacation being ruined because of a delayed flight. just curious what to do on the way back.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 12:35 am

Programs: Etihad, Qatar, and Marriott
OP, I had a few questions about your stay in the JJA suite as my wife and I will be spending 10 days in the suite next Spring.

What services and amenities came with the suite outside of the normal stuff listed on the Marriott website? I am seeing so many conflicting reports online in regards to what is offered now when you are booked in this suite. Some say you get your own dedicated butler that services only your suite, some say you get your own "Bentley" styled golf cart to use, while things like your own Executive chef are included in some reviews as well. However, I have yet to speak with anyone who has directly stayed in the suite and isn't a travel agent just pimping their review blog and did not even stay in the suite.

Greatly appreciate any insight you might offer on your time in the suite above and beyond what you have already posted here. Thank you!
WasKnown likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 10:32 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Kevin Weldon
OP, I had a few questions about your stay in the JJA suite as my wife and I will be spending 10 days in the suite next Spring.

What services and amenities came with the suite outside of the normal stuff listed on the Marriott website? I am seeing so many conflicting reports online in regards to what is offered now when you are booked in this suite. Some say you get your own dedicated butler that services only your suite, some say you get your own "Bentley" styled golf cart to use, while things like your own Executive chef are included in some reviews as well. However, I have yet to speak with anyone who has directly stayed in the suite and isn't a travel agent just pimping their review blog and did not even stay in the suite.

Greatly appreciate any insight you might offer on your time in the suite above and beyond what you have already posted here. Thank you!
I can only help a little here. As my stay was split between 5 nights in a 2 bedroom and 1 night in JJAE, our experience might be different than what you'll get spending a whole week there.

Our butler from the 2 bedroom remained with us for our final night. He was an okay guy, but I was disappointed we didn't get a dedicated butler. Of course, to be fair, I don't know what a dedicated butler could do that ours couldn't, and talking to ours, he only had one other guest under his care anyways. There were times he was around us more frequently than a butler typically is. For instance, he took my wife and I to the boutique in the buggy (and yes, it is a dedicated Bentley Buggy that will get you a lot of attention while you're there... whether you like it or not ;-) )... and he stayed with us at the store until we were done, and took us back.

I also think he stationed himself nearby our room when away, because he always seemed to respond Insanely quick to anything (as opposed to our first several nights).

As far as an executive chef... if you get one, that'd be news to me. Nobody mentioned it, but I wouldn't be Ultra surprised. Though I had heard earlier in the trip that both the GM and Executive Chef were away. I'll note that in general we were quite disappointed with the service here. Conrad, W.A, and Park Hyatt all do better.

We booked a private dinner on the Villa's overwater beach, using the same menu we had for the Jungle Cinema, and enjoyed that.

We did have an incredible spread/welcome amenity laid out for us when we arrived. An awesome display of fruits and berries, along with gold, silver, and bronze macarons. This along with a complimentary bottle of champagne,.. the first comped one we've had that wasn't from the $12 discount aisle. (It was ~$300)

I'll add that if you're already going for the pinnacle of luxury, I hope you're considering Norma for either a day trip (we did whale shark snorkeling) or your transfers to/from Male.

Anyways, I hope you make plenty of friends while you're there that you can bring to the room to enjoy it with. We made friends with a couple guests and their families, but unfortunately they left before our night in the JJAE. At least we had my aunt and sister with us to make use of the other bedrooms. That room is meant to be shared.

If there's anything else I can answer, let me know.
Cheers!
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
I am shocked by zero availability of standard OWV or higher ones for point redemption around next Jan/Feb and even early November. Presumably Marriott's upcoming dynamic pricing scheme has brought a rush in point bookings.
While having a 11-night stay booking at the Waldorf, now I am trying to consider the STR obviously before the DP.

So far I have managed to book a 5-night stay at GV and another 6-night stay at BV in late Feb.
I know there is no guaranteed upgrade prior to arrival but how about 'voluntary downgrade' from BV to OWV? Is it feasible or there any prcedent?

Surely I will call the resort tomorrow about this and keep looking for availability.

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 15, 2021, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by aviationp
Are there any concerns on the reliability of seaplanes? I'm deciding whether to have a day in Male between departing the hotel and flights back home?

I will definitely be doing that on the way to the St Regis, I don't want to risk this vacation being ruined because of a delayed flight. just curious what to do on the way back.
I've never done a night in Male on the way out. Of course this was pre-covid, but the resort is conservative and gets you out well in advance for your flight. Which means you'll be at the lounge or at the airport for quite some time. They try their best to balance time at the resort vs. departure though. Generally they operate fairly smoothly as this is one of the major lanes of transportation in the Maldives, I wouldn't worry.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 7:27 pm

Programs: Etihad, Qatar, and Marriott
Thank you for the follow-up.

Originally Posted by joecool1885
I can only help a little here. As my stay was split between 5 nights in a 2 bedroom and 1 night in JJAE, our experience might be different than what you'll get spending a whole week there.

Our butler from the 2 bedroom remained with us for our final night. He was an okay guy, but I was disappointed we didn't get a dedicated butler. Of course, to be fair, I don't know what a dedicated butler could do that ours couldn't, and talking to ours, he only had one other guest under his care anyways. There were times he was around us more frequently than a butler typically is. For instance, he took my wife and I to the boutique in the buggy (and yes, it is a dedicated Bentley Buggy that will get you a lot of attention while you're there... whether you like it or not ;-) )... and he stayed with us at the store until we were done, and took us back.

I also think he stationed himself nearby our room when away, because he always seemed to respond Insanely quick to anything (as opposed to our first several nights).

As far as an executive chef... if you get one, that'd be news to me. Nobody mentioned it, but I wouldn't be Ultra surprised. Though I had heard earlier in the trip that both the GM and Executive Chef were away. I'll note that in general we were quite disappointed with the service here. Conrad, W.A, and Park Hyatt all do better.

We booked a private dinner on the Villa's overwater beach, using the same menu we had for the Jungle Cinema, and enjoyed that.

We did have an incredible spread/welcome amenity laid out for us when we arrived. An awesome display of fruits and berries, along with gold, silver, and bronze macarons. This along with a complimentary bottle of champagne,.. the first comped one we've had that wasn't from the $12 discount aisle. (It was ~$300)

I'll add that if you're already going for the pinnacle of luxury, I hope you're considering Norma for either a day trip (we did whale shark snorkeling) or your transfers to/from Male.

Anyways, I hope you make plenty of friends while you're there that you can bring to the room to enjoy it with. We made friends with a couple guests and their families, but unfortunately they left before our night in the JJAE. At least we had my aunt and sister with us to make use of the other bedrooms. That room is meant to be shared.

If there's anything else I can answer, let me know.
Cheers!
Thank you so much for such a detailed response and for taking the time to provide some clarity. It is very much appreciated and it was kind of you to do so, This is a birthday and anniversary trip for my wife and I and I just wanted to know as much as possible about what to expect during our stay in the JJA suite and what perks to expect.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
joecool1885 likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 9:50 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
After emailing Marriott, I got a response RE: points earning eligibility. (Updated the Wiki to reflect)

"Kindly find the below charges not eligible for points:

• Taxes
• Watersports
• Tips
• PCR Testing
• TMA seaplane Transfer
• Retail

Also, we are delighted to confirm that Spa Services, Norma and dining is eligible for points."

They didn't actually give me the points for those, though, so I'll have to Email them again.. (I got 17,000 points, looks like I'm owed closer to ~250,000)
renila, Kevin Weldon and WasKnown like this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 11:53 pm

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
A quick question here- I have read up most of posts here but couldn't get the answer- amongst various OWVs, which one would be the best for snorkeling to see the wildlife? It seems it should be one of Sunset OWVs or OWVs facing north... judging from the resort photo in the wiki.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 11:30 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
A quick question here- I have read up most of posts here but couldn't get the answer- amongst various OWVs, which one would be the best for snorkeling to see the wildlife? It seems it should be one of Sunset OWVs or OWVs facing north... judging from the resort photo in the wiki.
You aren't going to snorkel just in front of your OWV anyway. Most people swim out into the ocean and then snorkel along the drop off area in either direction. We also went into the ocean from the beach area near the whale bar and then swam to our Sunset OWV from there which was somewhere at the mid way point.
noeatbutgo likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by jdj84
All bookings falling over 31st December 2021 will be subject to a mandatory New Year’s eve Gala Dinner Supplement which will be charged at USD 1,095 per adult and USD 547.50 per child (02 to 11 Years) subject to 23.2% Tax and service charge.
Given the language, do you think this fee would apply if checking out on the 31st or only for reservations that include the night of the 31st (checking out on or after Jan 1st)?

Last edited by flayum; Nov 18, 2021 at 10:05 am Reason: I'm a dumbass
Old Nov 17, 2021, 12:04 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by noeatbutgo

So far I have managed to book a 5-night stay at GV and another 6-night stay at BV in late Feb.
I know there is no guaranteed upgrade prior to arrival but how about 'voluntary downgrade' from BV to OWV? Is it feasible or there any prcedent?

Surely I will call the resort tomorrow about this and keep looking for availability.
Did they let you downgrade?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.