Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2020, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by hdejongh
i have an inbound flight option: i would be arriving at male at 15:15. Is that too late for the seaplane to the resort? (Now with all the covid extra rules.)...
Haven’t taken such a flight but from what I gathered in other posts, it can be a squeeze even without COVID (think IRROPS, baggage delayed, long security/customs lines, ...).
If taking such flight, I would probably opt for one night in/close to Male and take an early morning flight to Vommuli instead. Given the prices per night, I would also not want to pay the full day and arrive 6pm-ish...
Old Dec 29, 2020, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
i have an inbound flight option: i would be arriving at male at 15:15. Is that too late for the seaplane to the resort? (Now with all the covid extra rules.)...
If all goes well then its ok. You are cutting it too fine though. I landed on the same flight a couple of years back and it got delayed by 30 mins resulting in us missing the last sea plane. We had to wait at the airport till 11pm for a domestic flight to a local island and then a 1hr speedboat to our hotel. No extra charges were taken but it wasn't nice paying so much and then getting to a hotel room at 2am. Not to mention the 6hrs in an airport lounge.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by anchor79
Are they allowing guests to order off menu as many times as they want during breakfast hours? Its free for platinum and above right?

Are there any restaurants that are closed at this time?
Yes to both the breakfast questions, I was this month and you can order anything off the breakfast menu and as much as you like. There are also so many items you can get that are not listed on the breakfast menu - just ask and 9 times out of 10 they have it and are happy to provide it for you.

Alba, Orientale and Crust were open earlier this month. However there is a large selection of items available on the private dining menu and if you don’t feel like dining in your room, you can also ask to have the private dining items at Alba (just ask your butler to order in advance)
anchor79 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:20 am

Has anyone stayed here and the W and preferred the W? Thinking of going in April and heard the W has a better reef, but really enjoyed my time at the St Regis a year ago.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:25 am

Also - didn’t check out Decanter last time I was there. Does anyone know what time it is typically at? Could you come on the last seaplane of the day and still probably make it for Decanter? Believe it’s on a Saturday.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Dn10
Has anyone stayed here and the W and preferred the W? Thinking of going in April and heard the W has a better reef, but really enjoyed my time at the St Regis a year ago.
We did the WA last November and the reef was pretty bleached but fish were plentiful. We are planning a trip in December 2021 at either the STR or the W so we have the same question about the reef
Old Jan 1, 2021, 3:02 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by onlysuites
If all goes well then its ok. You are cutting it too fine though. I landed on the same flight a couple of years back and it got delayed by 30 mins resulting in us missing the last sea plane. We had to wait at the airport till 11pm for a domestic flight to a local island and then a 1hr speedboat to our hotel. No extra charges were taken but it wasn't nice paying so much and then getting to a hotel room at 2am. Not to mention the 6hrs in an airport lounge.
i changed my flight to singapore airlines and will be arriving late in the morning... didn't want to risk it with 2 small children
Old Jan 2, 2021, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
i changed my flight to singapore airlines and will be arriving late in the morning... didn't want to risk it with 2 small children
Old Jan 2, 2021, 8:03 pm

Sticky edit

FYI for the sticky thread, the roundtrip transfer is $745 for adults and $449 for 12 and under.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by enrique550
FYI for the sticky thread, the roundtrip transfer is $745 for adults and $449 for 12 and under.
Wiki updated.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:06 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Moflav
We did the WA last November and the reef was pretty bleached but fish were plentiful. We are planning a trip in December 2021 at either the STR or the W so we have the same question about the reef
I haven't been to W but based on reading that thread and elsewhere, from people who have been to both their reef sounds to be superior to both STR and WA. I definitely enjoyed STR as a first timer but strongly considering W for round 2.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 12:16 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Stayed at the W back in 2009. And at the STR twice in 2017 and 2019. And I don't think I'll go back to the W. Already have my 3rd STR stay in 2021.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 1:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Stayed at the W back in 2009. And at the STR twice in 2017 and 2019. And I don't think I'll go back to the W. Already have my 3rd STR stay in 2021.
Would you mind sharing with us why you prefer the STR? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 4:47 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by friedablass
Would you mind sharing with us why you prefer the STR? Thanks in advance.
Different Class
Old Jan 4, 2021, 8:40 am

breakfast status

I don't have Platinum Elite status anymore.

What would you say is the value of free breakfast for a 5 night stay? Like $60 per day? more?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.