FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1683445-st-regis-maldives-vommuli-resort-master-thread.html)

WasKnown Oct 19, 2021 8:19 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83 (Post 33656902)
We stayed at the STR for 6 nights in each year of 2017 and 2019, and 15 nights this year and were extremely sad after we had left. We never got board really but then again this was our first trip after a very VERY long time due to COVID.

But given you have flexibility in non-Marriott properties, let's take this offline as there are a number of other resorts that are also just fantastic.

Thanks. Just sent you a PM.

22calbr Oct 19, 2021 9:12 am

Originally Posted by WasKnown (Post 33656866)
I just checked and my departure flight is at 6 so it’s not as late as I thought. We have more than 2 weeks at the Maldives so I’m happy to explore different options over the Ritz if you have a favorite. I would love to burn these Bonvoy and Hyatt points burning a hole in my pocket but am flexible to go to a better cash option (Soneva?) if the Ritz is really that bad.

No matter what I’ll do at least 5 nights at the STR. Willing to do 10 but would love to experience a few resorts on this trip.

W gets high regards around here, particularly for the standard rooms booking into OWV and sealife / reef quality. I'm planning on LeMeridian and St Regis back-to-back this winter break, with reports of the LeM being an excellent value.

dip2007 Oct 19, 2021 1:35 pm

My flight back is on Qatar at 11.30 PM . Will i be able to use the ST Regis Lounge during departure in the airport ? I am assuming the last plane would be in evening around 4 - 5 PM so i need to kill ample amount of time before boarding my flight ? Till what time is the lounge open ? Also if not this, is there any lounge for Qatar Airways in Airport which i can enter in evening . I am flying QSuites .

i

friedablass Oct 19, 2021 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by dip2007 (Post 33658090)
My flight back is on Qatar at 11.30 PM . Will i be able to use the ST Regis Lounge during departure in the airport ? I am assuming the last plane would be in evening around 4 - 5 PM so i need to kill ample amount of time before boarding my flight ? Till what time is the lounge open ? Also if not this, is there any lounge for Qatar Airways in Airport which i can enter in evening . I am flying QSuites .

i

I believe I've read that the STR has allowed guests with late departing flights to use their arrival lounge until 2-3 hours prior to flight time. There is a lounge that Qatar contracts with for business class passengers that you will be able to use post security.

dip2007 Oct 19, 2021 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass (Post 33658421)
I believe I've read that the STR has allowed guests with late departing flights to use their arrival lounge until 2-3 hours prior to flight time. There is a lounge that Qatar contracts with for business class passengers that you will be able to use post security.

Thanks you this really helps .

wanderez Oct 21, 2021 8:40 am

Hi all, have a trip planned for Dec 16 to 21 flying with Emirates. Wondering if there is any seaplanes flying from MLE to StR early morning (before (9:30AM), or are they typically later in the morning/afternoon? Debating between flight arriving at 7:50AM or 9:30AM haha. If there are early morning flights we wouldn't mind getting to STR earlier, if not we rather not sit around wait at the airport longer. TIA!

WasKnown Oct 21, 2021 9:32 am

Originally Posted by wanderez (Post 33662953)
Hi all, have a trip planned for Dec 16 to 21 flying with Emirates. Wondering if there is any seaplanes flying from MLE to StR early morning (before (9:30AM), or are they typically later in the morning/afternoon? Debating between flight arriving at 7:50AM or 9:30AM haha. If there are early morning flights we wouldn't mind getting to STR earlier, if not we rather not sit around wait at the airport longer. TIA!

We are also flying emirates. Just wondering, are you coming from the US? If so, do you plan to transit through Dubai with the RT PCR tests at the resort? Have you considered trying the at home antigen tests?

dip2007 Oct 21, 2021 10:41 am

Originally Posted by wanderez (Post 33662953)

As per the mail i received from the hotel they mentioned seaplane transfer is from 6 AM -3.30 PM . it would all depend on how many passengers are coming so early in the morning .

For transfer between Velana International Airport (MLE), also known as Male International Airport, and the resort we use seaplanes, seaplanes operate during daylight hours and usually fly between 06:00 am and 03:30 pm. For arrival, we are able to arrange seaplane transfer for international flights landing at the airport at or before 03:30 pm. For departure, we are able to arrange seaplane transfer for international flights departing from the airport at or after 09:00 am. Please be advised that all times are in local time.

dip2007 Oct 21, 2021 10:42 am

Originally Posted by WasKnown (Post 33663098)
We are also flying emirates. Just wondering, are you coming from the US? If so, do you plan to transit through Dubai with the RT PCR tests at the resort? Have you considered trying the at home antigen tests?

Others might comment but as far as i understand while US is okay with antigen tests Emirates has a requirement of PCR test . i am flying back to US through Qatar and they also have a similar requirement

dip2007 Oct 21, 2021 10:43 am

Originally Posted by WasKnown (Post 33663098)

Others might comment but as far as i understand while US is okay with antigen tests Emirates has a requirement of PCR test . i am flying back to US through Qatar and they also have a similar requirement

WasKnown Oct 21, 2021 11:03 am

Originally Posted by dip2007 (Post 33663297)

Thanks. I saw a data point of someone returning on Qatar and transiting through Doha with an Antigen test though (back to the US). https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33652322-post615.html

dip2007 Oct 21, 2021 11:30 am

Originally Posted by WasKnown (Post 33663344)
Thanks. I saw a data point of someone returning on Qatar and transiting through Doha with an Antigen test though (back to the US). https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33652322-post615.html

Thank you . While this is encouraging i would still go with the PCR test from the resort for peace of mind . I don’t want a situation to get stuck for any reason either in Maldives or Doha .

friedablass Oct 21, 2021 11:40 am

Originally Posted by WasKnown (Post 33663344)

There are quite a number of data points in various threads confirming that antigen to USA via DOH is fine. However, MLE requires pcr so you need to arrive with that.

WasKnown Oct 21, 2021 11:46 am

Originally Posted by friedablass (Post 33663444)
There are quite a number of data points in various threads confirming that antigen to USA via DOH is fine. However, MLE requires pcr so you need to arrive with that.

Right. Any idea for Dubai? Probably best to get PCR at the resort to be safe

dip2007 Oct 21, 2021 11:52 am

Originally Posted by WasKnown (Post 33663462)
Right. Any idea for Dubai? Probably best to get PCR at the resort to be safe

i think it should work and i just checked the emirates website and their revised guideline is

Transit passengers from the following countries must present a negative COVID‑19 PCR test certificate for a test taken no more than 72 hours before departure:
  • Bangladesh, India, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia