FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1683445-st-regis-maldives-vommuli-resort-master-thread.html)

noeatbutgo Nov 17, 2021 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by WasKnown (Post 33737055)
Did they let you downgrade?

No, but they offered around US$90 (tax, fee included) per night to change my room category to a regular OWV. Well, not that bad, is it?

friedablass Nov 17, 2021 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by noeatbutgo (Post 33737151)
No, but they offered around US$90 (tax, fee included) per night to change my room category to a regular OWV. Well, not that bad, is it?

So you have to pay to downgrade? Did you tell them that the rate for an OWV is actually lower by $xx than a BV?

noeatbutgo Nov 17, 2021 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass (Post 33737206)
So you have to pay to downgrade? Did you tell them that the rate for an OWV is actually lower by $xx than a BV?

Briefly yes I did but as you know they don't treat rooms based on points equally with those on cash. I was well aware of it so didn't argue much. But as I am yet to accept the offer and my stay is still three months away I will try to negotiate nicely.

jdj84 Nov 17, 2021 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by flayum (Post 33736999)
Do you think this applies if checking out on the 31st?

Does what apply if checking out on the 31st?

xavierYYZ Nov 17, 2021 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by dip2007 (Post 33716404)
I got it for 400k + $125. This is for mid December 2021

I’m looking at dates from Jan-Mar 2022 and the points + cash isn’t available for the OWV. They listed the GV for 400k and the OWV at 500-575k.

Is this new or a temporary change?

noeatbutgo Nov 18, 2021 1:28 am

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8b4e2ddcc0.png
Not sure if above map has been posted up there, but I just received this from the resort so am sharing this.

t3ame Nov 18, 2021 2:22 am

Originally Posted by noeatbutgo (Post 33738654)
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8b4e2ddcc0.png
Not sure if above map has been posted up there, but I just received this from the resort so am sharing this.

Thank you!
A similar picture has been shared 2 (?) years ago. The other one also had some information on room numbers (handwritten). Having the room numbers can help in pre-discussing potential options with the front desk before arriving (e.g., one of the St Regis OWV is Sunrise, while 2 are Sunset but they have the same pricepoint).
I cannot see it on my mobile but the other map used to be pinned at the top as well.

friedablass Nov 18, 2021 9:51 am

Originally Posted by t3ame (Post 33738709)
Thank you!
A similar picture has been shared 2 (?) years ago. The other one also had some information on room numbers (handwritten). Having the room numbers can help in pre-discussing potential options with the front desk before arriving (e.g., one of the St Regis OWV is Sunrise, while 2 are Sunset but they have the same pricepoint).
I cannot see it on my mobile but the other map used to be pinned at the top as well.

There is only 1 sunset facing STR OWV (#535). 3 are on the sunrise/lagoon side and 4 are north facing.

flayum Nov 18, 2021 10:08 am

Originally Posted by jdj84 (Post 33737856)
Does what apply if checking out on the 31st?

Ah, sorry, I didn't realize the quote didn't include the original quoted comment which referenced a NYE fee. I've edited my comment now so it actually makes sense, but basically: do you thinking a Dec 31st checkout would still incur the NYE dinner fee?

GreenmachineLA Nov 18, 2021 11:23 am

Hi All,

Headed to STR on Saturday. A couple last minute questions for the group.

- Tipping for the Butler. - Do you tip at the end? If so, how much do most people give per day? Cash or Credit?

- Experiences - What are everyone’s must do? We are doing Sunset Fishing a few days of spa treatments. Anything suggestions of things we shouldn’t miss?

Thx

jjakobv84 Nov 18, 2021 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by GreenmachineLA (Post 33739945)
- Tipping for the Butler. - Do you tip at the end? If so, how much do most people give per day? Cash or Credit?

I think if you search the forum you'll find a wide range of opinions -- some perhaps colored by the butlers value add, others more principled. I think it's reasonable to consider how much/what they delivered and kind of convert that into a normal service rate. I think I tipped a couple of hundred on the bill when we left which I felt wasn't particularly stingy nor particularly generous.

jdj84 Nov 18, 2021 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by flayum (Post 33739716)
Ah, sorry, I didn't realize the quote didn't include the original quoted comment which referenced a NYE fee. I've edited my comment now so it actually makes sense, but basically: do you thinking a Dec 31st checkout would still incur the NYE dinner fee?

I haven't asked, but since you have to check out by noon, there is no way they can charge you for a dinner! We are checking out Dec 31, and I'm not concerned about that at all.

flayum Nov 18, 2021 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by jdj84 (Post 33740179)
I haven't asked, but since you have to check out by noon, there is no way they can charge you for a dinner! We are checking out Dec 31, and I'm not concerned about that at all.

Awesome, thanks! I'm planning a trip during that same timeframe for next year. If you don't mind, I have a few questions:
- If you booked using points, I'm assuming Dec 25th-31st was peak? And, if you happen to remember, what was the cash upgrade per night for the sunset OWV?
- I assume the hotel is fully booked during this time, do you know how much they are able to accomodate preferences for specific villas? Trying my best to avoid the ssOWV's facing the Whale Bar or, if I don't spring for the upgrade, a base OWV facing the ocean rather than the lagoon.
- Since you're flying out on the 31st, do you have any unique routings for NYE? Was considering trying to book an overnight in Singapore/Dubai or maybe there's a routing that allows you to 'experience' NYE twice (maybe MLE->SIN->HNL/LAX)?

Thanks!

estnet Nov 18, 2021 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by flayum (Post 33740367)
Awesome, thanks! I'm planning a trip during that same timeframe for next year. If you don't mind, I have a few questions:
- If you booked using points, I'm assuming Dec 25th-31st was peak? And, if you happen to remember, what was the cash upgrade per night for the sunset OWV?
- I assume the hotel is fully booked during this time, do you know how much they are able to accomodate preferences for specific villas? Trying my best to avoid the ssOWV's facing the Whale Bar or, if I don't spring for the upgrade, a base OWV facing the ocean rather than the lagoon.
- Since you're flying out on the 31st, do you have any unique routings for NYE? Was considering trying to book an overnight in Singapore/Dubai or maybe there's a routing that allows you to 'experience' NYE twice (maybe MLE->SIN->HNL/LAX)?

Thanks!

If you're wanting to overnight to go out of the airport have you looked at the entry/quarantine requirements?

flayum Nov 18, 2021 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by estnet (Post 33740390)
If you're wanting to overnight to go out of the airport have you looked at the entry/quarantine requirements?

So this would be the 2023 New Years Eve (~13 months) away, so the hope would be entry requirements are more relaxed (obviously not a given). Current considered stopovers are Dubai and Singapore - both of which are currently open to those vaccinated with a pre-departure negative test. I'm aware everything can change, but want to plan at least somewhat optimistically.

I have additional considerations/plans should things go awry, but don't want to veer too far off-topic in this thread since I'm not sure about FT etiquette. If there's a more appropriate location to ask this kind of question (or maybe via PM?), I'm also happy to edit my comment to be more StR-focused!