Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2016, 5:09 am

Programs: AA ExP, SPG/Marriott Plat
Figured I'd post a mini review since I've stalked this thread since it was opened. My wife and I are currently at the resort and it's truly breathtaking.

Villas-

We are staying in an overwater villa on the lagoon side facing basically directly east. Looking at the map in the wiki, I believe we are two villas north of the St Regis suite. We have sun on the deck till about 3. I believe the lagoon villas just south of us the sun will disappear slightly earlier and the lagoon villas north are basically in the sun all day. The villas are amazing and I can't think of one substantial complaint.

Snorkeling-

Snorkeling has been solid. Water clarity is maybe a 7/10 with visibility around 30 feet I would say. Snorkeling in the lagoon side is a waste of time as it is all died off coral. That being said, it only takes an extra minute to swim towards the drop off past the sunset villas into the coral rich waters. We did see some dolphins cruising just outside the ledge as we were walking to our villas but haven't seen a turtle or any sharks as of yet.

Gym-

Gym is smallish but sufficient with dumbbells up to 30 lbs, a trx, smith machine, and few other machines. Few treadmills and stationary bikes as well. Didn't bother with the yoga but they offer plenty of classes at various times.

That's all for now, ill check back if anyone has questions I'll gladly answer.

This place rocks.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 8:24 am

So far, is there anyone here on FT that has stayed there with cash?
Old Dec 18, 2016, 9:06 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by jlovemark
Figured I'd post a mini review since I've stalked this thread since it was opened. My wife and I are currently at the resort and it's truly breathtaking.

Villas-

We are staying in an overwater villa on the lagoon side facing basically directly east. Looking at the map in the wiki, I believe we are two villas north of the St Regis suite. We have sun on the deck till about 3. I believe the lagoon villas just south of us the sun will disappear slightly earlier and the lagoon villas north are basically in the sun all day. The villas are amazing and I can't think of one substantial complaint.

Snorkeling-

Snorkeling has been solid. Water clarity is maybe a 7/10 with visibility around 30 feet I would say. Snorkeling in the lagoon side is a waste of time as it is all died off coral. That being said, it only takes an extra minute to swim towards the drop off past the sunset villas into the coral rich waters. We did see some dolphins cruising just outside the ledge as we were walking to our villas but haven't seen a turtle or any sharks as of yet.

Gym-

Gym is smallish but sufficient with dumbbells up to 30 lbs, a trx, smith machine, and few other machines. Few treadmills and stationary bikes as well. Didn't bother with the yoga but they offer plenty of classes at various times.

That's all for now, ill check back if anyone has questions I'll gladly answer.

This place rocks.
Ah so it was you guys who told us to look at dolphins today Thanks!

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
So far, is there anyone here on FT that has stayed there with cash?
Lol. Nope. But i've (so far) counted four FT couples including us, and I have suspicions on two more.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 10:37 pm

Plat Happy Hour?

Any idea if there is a happy hour for SPG Platinums?
Old Dec 18, 2016, 10:39 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
If you're a good swimmer, the best reef I have seen so far here is beyond the Spa jetty, in between the spa jetty and supply jetty, and beyond the supply jetty. If you want to do that snorkel trip, you would have to start at the beach by Orientale and end by the Dive center, since there is a rock beach in front of the Knickerbocker villa, it's not really a good way to come back to shore.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by pdiddy1991
Any idea if there is a happy hour for SPG Platinums?
Nope.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 4:53 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
@Pseudo Nim

Did you end up doing a tour of Malé on your way out? Did you see the Great Room lounge? Bentley?

Recommendations on what to do on the final day?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by some dude
@Pseudo Nim

Did you end up doing a tour of Malé on your way out? Did you see the Great Room lounge? Bentley?

Recommendations on what to do on the final day?
Hey,

I did do the Male tour. Quite honestly, if you've never been, it's well worth doing, even though you WILL go to the three mosques and the two or so sponsored souvenir shops. To be entirely fair, I don't really like seeing people hop into the MLE airport, immediately shuttle out to the pristine islands, and never even visit the city proper - it's not fair to the people who make it run. Also, it's just a fascinating place - THAT many people in THAT small an area is just an interesting experience. Of course, as even my own butler put it, it's a place worth seeing once - after that, it's not worth the time anymore, so if you've been, then skip it. Incidentally, the stories about dressing hyper-moderately, etc., are not necessarily entirely true - I saw a number of Western and Asian tourists dressed FAR more revealingly than even we were, and nobody seemed to mind (though obviously, mosques are off limits). Having dinner in the city is also a good option, since, well, the airport lounge is really not amazing (it serves EVERY airline, so it's full of people and the choice is rather paucit).

The Great Room is operational as of... yesterday. There's absolutely nothing there besides wifi and some juices Everything is spectacularly new, though the water doesn't smell of glue, haha.

The Bentley is STILL not operational. Maybe in a week or so, but it seems like importing just about anything into the Maldives takes forever, so I wouldn't hold my breath for it.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Nope.
Any complimentary beverages or anything?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by pdiddy1991
Any complimentary beverages or anything?
Beyond the welcome drink and the anytime tea/coffee, nope.

That said, their tea service is AMAZING. Besides TWG, their mint is made with actual mint leaves and pu erh is loose as well. Simply excellent.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Beyond the welcome drink and the anytime tea/coffee, nope.

That said, their tea service is AMAZING. Besides TWG, their mint is made with actual mint leaves and pu erh is loose as well. Simply excellent.
Not even a champagne sabering?
Old Dec 20, 2016, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Not even a champagne sabering?
Is champagne sabering free at any other St.Regis? I always assume you buy the bottle and they saber it for you. Have never been told there's one at any of the st regis i've been to.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Is there a published award chart for this property?
Old Dec 20, 2016, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
Is champagne sabering free at any other St.Regis? I always assume you buy the bottle and they saber it for you. Have never been told there's one at any of the st regis i've been to.
Every St Regis I've had has a sobering around 7:00 PM daily and they give complimentary glasses after the bottle is sabered. This was the same at Bal Harbour, Princeville, Atlanta, and Bahia Beach.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:51 pm

What are the bath products that they are using in the OWV? Do they have remede? I was at the St Regis Bangkok and they have great products there and hoping they do here too.

Shame that they don't do much for Platinums, the Park Hyatt offers more for their Diamond guests based on what I've read.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.