Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The College Green Hotel Dublin, Autograph Collection (was Westin) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The College Green Hotel Dublin, Autograph Collection (was Westin) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2015, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Yes. You need a UK adapter.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Thanks

Originally Posted by matthandy
Yes. You need a UK adapter.
Thanks. Your quick reply is much appreciated.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 9:11 am

Location: Belfast, N.Ireland. I'm also username WEEBOBBY (350+ posts), depending on whether I log in through Facebook or email.
Programs: Various - IHG Royal Ambassador, Starwood, DavidO fanclub etc
i am looking here for either friday 11th july and or sat 24th july. there are concerts on these nights so entry level rooms are gone but higher level rooms are available on points if i contact spg - any idea how many points per night ?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
it's been awhile since you asked, so you probably have your answer already, but for someone else who's looking: just booked three nights of the higher level 'deluxe twin' rooms at 53,000 points, so...17,666 a night?

regular rate is 16,000 a night, perhaps one or two at a higher rate.

a question: plat amenity breakfast is now full breakfast, not just continental with an upcharge?

Last edited by karenkay; Jul 30, 2015 at 9:48 am
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by karenkay
i

a question: plat amenity breakfast is now full breakfast, not just continental with an upcharge?
Yes - full breakfast.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question more newbe queries

I read the entire thread. Am definitely staying here in Feb 2016. Can any FTs advise on:
- best way to transit from airport?
- Westin Workout?
Thx.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:36 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I read the entire thread. Am definitely staying here in Feb 2016. Can any FTs advise on:
- best way to transit from airport?
- Westin Workout?
Thx.
Take the 748 Express Bus from the airport for about 7 Euros. Tell the driver that you want to get off at the Westin. The actual drop off is about 1 1/2 blocks beyond the hotel. After exiting the bus, walk back in the direction that the bus came from. You will see immediately 2 or 3 large flags hanging from the façade of a building. That is the Westin. No more than a 5 minute walk.
Alternately take a taxi for about 20 Euros. It is only 8-9 miles between DUB and the Westin. NOTE: The bus TO DUB generally does not start early enough to make the morning, especially on weekends (9 am or so) departures FROM DUB to the US, so I generally plan on taking a taxi in this situation.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:50 am
h2d

I would opt for a taxi, not particularly expensive and there is an abundance of taxis in Dublin. You may struggle with Uber at the airport but Hailo is huge so another good option, either way you won't struggle to find a cab for €20-30 to the Westin. One watch out is if you take the tunnel into Dublin city centre it can add as much as €12 to the fare depending on the time of day, so specify you don't want to do this if that is an issue. Outside of peak rush hour there is limited benefit.

The gym is one of the downsides of the Westin Dublin, small interior room with no windows. Perfectly adequate for a basic workout but nothing special, and realistically far too small for the size of the hotel - it would be cramped with three people in. Couple of treadmills and bikes, a multi resistance machine, adjustable bench and some dumbells. Being a westin they do provide some suggested jogging routes too if thats your thing, can have some nice riverside runs around Dublin!
Old Sep 21, 2015, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As a platinum, I can't remember the last time an SPG hotel wasn't able to at least find me a king bed, but the 'deluxe twin' I booked above for 53,000 points was all they could offer, forget anything resembling an upgrade, and the last three nights of our holiday were spent in a noisy twin room on the third floor with a view of the office building across the way. It was spacious, by Irish standards, but still disappointing.

I know I got the room type I booked, but as it was mentioned upthread that the experience in this hotel is largely dependent on room type, I'm adding this as a caution: the hotel had a large American tour group taking over many of the rooms and most of the breakfast area. As an independent traveler, I actively avoid properties selected by tour buses, and I'm sad to say the Westin was one of those properties, at least this past weekend.

There were several major sporting events which likely contributed to the hotel being fully booked, but if the hotel has become a tour group hotel, it's worth noting.

The full breakfast buffet was nice, at least on non-tour overrun mornings, and eggs and oatmeal were available cooked to order.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question did you contact them in advance?

Originally Posted by karenkay
As a platinum, I can't remember the last time an SPG hotel wasn't able to at least find me a king bed, but the 'deluxe twin' I booked above for 53,000 points was all they could offer, forget anything resembling an upgrade, and the last three nights of our holiday were spent in a noisy twin room on the third floor with a view of the office building across the way. It was spacious, by Irish standards, but still disappointing.
Karen, did you contact the property prior to your arrival & request an upgrade?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Karen, did you contact the property prior to your arrival & request an upgrade?
no, i didn't. i generally don't email first unless it's a bona fide special occasion. i suppose i could get into the habit of doing that, but i just don't feel i should need to, y'know? with the hotel being as full as it was it would have likely given us a better experience, however, at least in the room. the breakfast area would have been a zoo before bus-loading time regardless.

as an interesting note, i had a little spiel worked up in my head (crafted while i wasn't sleeping due to the noise on the street, some weird smells wafting into the room, etc.) which i was going to deliver when we checked out and they asked about our stay, but that didn't happen. gal took our key, told us we didn't owe anything and wished us a good trip. oh, well.

i wouldn't go back, although i know many folks love the hotel.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 3:42 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
The location can't be beat. The rest is jus so so.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by h2d
I would opt for a taxi, not particularly expensive and there is an abundance of taxis in Dublin. You may struggle with Uber at the airport but Hailo is huge so another good option, either way you won't struggle to find a cab for €20-30 to the Westin. One watch out is if you take the tunnel into Dublin city centre it can add as much as €12 to the fare depending on the time of day, so specify you don't want to do this if that is an issue. Outside of peak rush hour there is limited benefit.

The gym is one of the downsides of the Westin Dublin, small interior room with no windows. Perfectly adequate for a basic workout but nothing special, and realistically far too small for the size of the hotel - it would be cramped with three people in. Couple of treadmills and bikes, a multi resistance machine, adjustable bench and some dumbells. Being a westin they do provide some suggested jogging routes too if thats your thing, can have some nice riverside runs around Dublin!
+1 on the comment above. As a frequent ex-EU flight taker from London, I'm in Dublin quite often to take my ex-EU flights back to US. The good thing about Hailo is the fact that you can prebook your taxi.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Vulcan
The location can't be beat. The rest is jus so so.
:-: this.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 6:14 pm
RNE

Wait! This is the only SPG hotel in Dublin?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.