Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The College Green Hotel Dublin, Autograph Collection (was Westin) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The College Green Hotel Dublin, Autograph Collection (was Westin) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2012, 11:35 am

oooh, 'Plat Availability' is available but only for FULL rack rate? gotcha.

well it looks like we will be going to the Hilton for the 3 days, sad we've been here before and like the location.

thanks for the quick reply

Bill
Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:03 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Westin Dublin, Ireland 2007 onward [Master Thread]

At the hotel now and very disappointed. Was preupgraded to Deluxe the day before arrival but upon check-in downgraded again to a classic room. Asking the FD agent I was told no other rooms available (of course better rooms for sale on SPG but I never go down that road). Fair enough, it's what I booked and occupancy is high, but the room is claustrophobic, dark, small, and sticky. Towels when unfolded had long black hair in them (eek).

These are my nights 75-77 of the year, but unfortunately a low point. No special Plat recognition or welcome whatsoever, other than asking which amenity I want (chose BF which is strictly limited to Continental). I know some here will say I am not entitled to anything else, but most properties make a better effort.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 3:53 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Westin Dublin, Ireland 2007 onward [Master Thread]

Quick update, I did go back to the reception after the first night, and following some discussion they found a very nice bi-level suite for me. This is a much better room and completely changes the hotel experience. So room type here does definitely matter !
Old Dec 17, 2013, 4:19 pm

My family of 2 adults and 2 kids will be staying in Dublin for one night next spring on our way from Europe back to the states. Is there a legitimate way to get the four of us into a single room at this property? Is it worth burning 24k points for two rooms here or are there other properties I should consider? Are there other areas I should consider besides City Centre? Thanks.
Old May 15, 2014, 1:39 pm

Westin Dublin Now For Sale

We just finished a 4 night stay at this property and noted in the Sunday paper that this property is up for sale. Not to worry SPB members, as Starwood has a 25 year lease on this 163 bedroom hotel from August 17, 2001 at a current net rent of E4,187,700, and is subject to review ebvery 5th year with a guaranteed increase of 3% per year compound at each review. As we have traveled throughout Ireland, we heard from 2 different hotel managers that about 60% of the hotels in Ireland are in receivership, with many renegioting terms and other available for outright purchase. For example, the Ritz Carlton Powerscourt recently rescructured their debt, and the Fota Island resort was sold to a chinese investor. The Westin surrounds the AIB bank building which also is for sale by the same group that is selling the Westin. The newspaper article went on to claim that the sale would bring a nice profit to its current owners. Business in Ireland now is coming back strongly, with hotel bookings up.
We enjoyed the Westin, as it has a fine location. Although the front desk recognized by Life Platinum card and commented that it was a couple of months since they last saw such a card, it did not earn us a suite. Perhaps this was because they put us into a room at 9 AM on our arrival from NYC, as we had indicated on our reservation. We will see what kind of room we are given upon our return next week.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Stayed there as part of the DUB Mod do last weekend, booked in a regular room for 12k points. Although relatively small (especially after visiting a fellow mods suite next door) it is really high end both in terms of the furnishing and the finish of the room. The TV was a bit dated, but suppose all properties are trying hard to play catch up. Took the 250 points instead of free internet and got a street facing room. In spite of quite a few night clubbing folks on the street down below on a Saturday night I heard nothing. People in front of my door I heard loud and clear

With various other options in Dublin I wouldn't pay the sticker price of 300€/night this property is usually sold at. But it is high quality and worth 12k/night.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Anyone else been here recently? Not been much chatter since 2012!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 4:46 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Yes, two weeks ago. What do you want to know?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
Anyone else been here recently? Not been much chatter since 2012!
Had one of the really nice bi-level suites there late 2013 (had booked cheapest available).

Nice property in a great location.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:13 am

I stayed last November. Plat breakfast, IIRC, was the full buffet (plus a la carte eggs at least) served in the main restaurant. Very good quality.

Received a great upgrade to a large suite towards the end of one of the hallways. The place definitely has some character (winding hallways, some slanted ceilings), but this is said only in an entirely positive way. Its comfortable and my room/public areas seem to be kept in very good shape.

The small bar in the atrium area is a great place for a drink.

Staff are friendly and helpful - I will be returning in September, and am looking forward to it.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, American Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by makin'miles
I stayed last November. Plat breakfast, IIRC, was the full buffet (plus a la carte eggs at least) served in the main restaurant. Very good quality.

Received a great upgrade to a large suite towards the end of one of the hallways. The place definitely has some character (winding hallways, some slanted ceilings), but this is said only in an entirely positive way. Its comfortable and my room/public areas seem to be kept in very good shape.

The small bar in the atrium area is a great place for a drink.

Staff are friendly and helpful - I will be returning in September, and am looking forward to it.
I just spent 5 days there last week. Used SNAs and was upgraded to their Deluxe Suite. Nice sized room with a separate living room. Good AC. The hotel, the staff, and location are terrific. The rooms and the hotel itself is kept up quite well. Finally, the Mint Bar, in the lower level of the hotel is quite nice and they have an impressive 6 piece band that plays popular music on Saturday nights. I found that to be a pretty cool way to spend my last night at this property.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 4:47 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

I'm holding dual award reservations for July here and at the Radisson Blu Royal, though I'm leaning heavily toward the Westin based on reviews and location (this will be our first visit to Dublin).

I've been offered a paid upgrade to secure a King Deluxe Writer's Room (50 Eur/night) that to me, seems worth it simply based on size. I'm a lowly SPG Gold, so don't expect any upgrades based on status.

With that said, I understand that these rooms vary considerably. Is there a particular room/view I should be requesting? They also offered a Deluxe Jr. Suite for 125eur...should I be considering this instead?

Also, any recent reports on the quality of breakfast, versus options in the immediate vicinity?

Thanks!
Old Jun 5, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by LM225
I'm holding dual award reservations for July here and at the Radisson Blu Royal, though I'm leaning heavily toward the Westin based on reviews and location (this will be our first visit to Dublin).

I've been offered a paid upgrade to secure a King Deluxe Writer's Room (50 Eur/night) that to me, seems worth it simply based on size. I'm a lowly SPG Gold, so don't expect any upgrades based on status.

With that said, I understand that these rooms vary considerably. Is there a particular room/view I should be requesting? They also offered a Deluxe Jr. Suite for 125eur...should I be considering this instead?

Also, any recent reports on the quality of breakfast, versus options in the immediate vicinity?

Thanks!
The dual level suites,named after various writers are lovely-there is something cool too about having a choice of getting your room service delivered downstairs [the living room] or upstairs the bedroom- separate entrances
I've also stayed in the huge deluxe corner suite that has sweeping views out over trinity and the old College green Bank of Ireland
Even though it's my home town as such,I love this hotel
If your breakfast is included then have it there,it is lovely
Location wise,it is very central,and hard to beat
No way would I choose the radisson over it
Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Asiana Club Dmnd (*G), AA plat, Alitalia FA, SPG Plat, Accor Plat, HGP Dmnd, HH Dmnd
Stayed there for the first time last weekend and second the above, especially regarding the breakfast.

One thing - I was in a writer suite which was also a corner suite, but it was not over two levels. Perhaps check in advance if you're paying.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 5:29 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Question Electric

Are converters needed for US appliances (shavers, cell phone chargers, etc) at The Westin Dublin?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.