Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The College Green Hotel Dublin, Autograph Collection (was Westin) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The College Green Hotel Dublin, Autograph Collection (was Westin) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:06 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question questions about your Westin stay?

Originally Posted by CIVET FIVE
I stayed at the property last night and can agree that the internet is miserably slow, at least in my room. I was too tired to go downstairs and complain, but I am going to follow up and let them know.
PM me if you need a contact? How was the breakfast? Is the construction now complete?
Old May 3, 2017, 8:57 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Morelands Grill at the Westin Hotel, Dublin, Ireland [REVIEW]

April 2017, Our lunch experiences

The Westin Dublin opened a new venue at the site of the former Exchange restaurant around 4 weeks ago before our lunch visit.

My fiancé and I decided to give Morelands Grill a try and reserved a table for two during the May Bank Holiday weekend in Dublin, Ireland.

The welcome was warm and the maître d very pleased to have us.

The interior was classic with modern elements and it wasn’t very busy with fellow patrons at the time.

The restaurant was very well branded with M for Morelands Grill on all plates.

We also liked the glass the Kahlua came in. It reminded us of the roaring 20s and 30s, very elegant and beautiful at the same time.

There was a birthday party, another couple and a single female guest having lunch with us.

The staff was attentive, but sometimes had difficulties to understand our accents, which eventually was overcome and we enjoyed their attention to detail and service standards.

We ordered a large bottle of still Acqua Panna water, a Kahlua, Focaccia Crostini with Crottin goats cheese, red onion marmalade and heirloom tomato salsa, red quinoa salad with avocado pear, toasted cashews, tender stem broccoli, overnight tomatoes, virgin olive oil and lemon grapefruit dressing, organic salmon yakitori with spaghetti of vegetables, soy ginger and basmati rice and the potato gnocchi with Piquillo peppers, ovendried tomatoes, tenderstem broccoli, spinach and Parmesan cream. We also shared all three dessert minis (coffee opera gateaux, raspberry macaron and a mini sundae).

The Focaccia Crostini was very strong flavored, felt rustic and served beautifully.

The red quinoa salad was light and delicately flavored, a gorgeous balance of size, taste and presentation.

The salmon was a fusion of Japanese and Thai cuisine, rightly sized and colorful, a memorable lighter dish which was fully enjoyed.

The gnocchi were very lovely and sumptuous, but too large. The dish was influenced by France and Italy.

It would be good, if there would be a half portion available too as traditionally Gnocchi tend to be heavier overall.

The waitress told us the sundae was her favorite. For us it was difficult to decide. The macaron was of very high quality and bursting with flavor. The sundae was very rich and moreish and the coffee opera gateaux flavorful, but not overbearing. The coffee didn’t take over, but offered a good hit. All three had been memorable and beautiful at the same time.

We had green tea and a hot chocolate to accompany our desserts. Service was very attentive and enjoyable throughout our visit.

The value was good at 83 Euro (ca. 90.50 USD).

We will return again in the future at this new venue in the heart of Dublin, Ireland.

Would we recommend this restaurant to a friend? YES! ^
Would we want to enjoy lunch/dinner again at this restaurant in our future? YES! ^

Thank you and safe travels.
Old May 21, 2017, 6:02 pm

I'm trying to decide between a 4 night stay here or at the Morrison DoubleTree. Can anyone compare the two? Both stays would be on points. Thanks!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:18 am

Has anyone noticed that this property has gone up to 25,000 per night? Previously 10,000, IIRC..so a 2 category increase. Also, there is award night availability for about 7 nights ( total) for the remainder of the year ( dates in May), as at today. Only rooms available are prepaid and expensive ( and those rooms that are available all see to have new descriptions/categories..cynics might think something to do with avoiding anything that suggested 'standard').
I guess this is a matter of supply/demand but also a PITA, as the new Aloft will not open until November at the earliest .No other SPG choice.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Deleted
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:00 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The Westin Dublin has gone up to a Cat 6 which means it's available from 20,000 a night, 25,000 in high season. I took a look at about 20 random dates over the next year and average prices were often North of 400EUR, so it's not unreasonable. That said, the rates do seem unusually high - I stayed there for a night a couple of weeks ago for 220EUR.

Dublin is economically booming at the moment and is a completely different place to a decade ago after the crash, so it's not a surprise to see the city's primary business hotel has been able to increase its rates by that much.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:17 am

Does anyone have a contact email for the property?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:51 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I'm not 100% sure this email address is monitored, but I think [email protected] should work.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 4:37 am

Having stayed here and the Shelbourne, can honestly say I much prefer the Shelbourne. Nicer staff and nicer rooms for the same price / points. Prefer Stephens Green location to Trinity as well, but see how that’s personal or situation dependent.
jtp1947 likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Dn10
Having stayed here and the Shelbourne, can honestly say I much prefer the Shelbourne. Nicer staff and nicer rooms for the same price / points. Prefer Stephens Green location to Trinity as well, but see how that’s personal or situation dependent.
Westin is 50k and Shelbourne is 60k
Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:25 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
I just checked out of the Westin in Dublin. Overall a pleasant stay but we didn’t really do much in the hotel since we explored Dublin for the 18 hours that we were there before flying to Italia.

Originally booked a King Deluxe and was upgraded into a Heritage King Deluxe facing the atrium. I can’t comment as to breakfast since we checked out at 0530am.

The only Ambassador recognization that I received was a curt acknowledgment at check-in but that was about it.

You can’t beat the location but I’m still a fan of the Shelbourne whenever I’m in Dublin.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 11:24 am

Not much activity here but not sure why I can't get a reward stay at the Westin Dublin for my family trip June 2023. Other properties including the the Shelbourne are available with points. Just checking here to see if this is a typical issue.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 1:49 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
This is the current award availability for June 2023 (using the Flexible Dates option on the iPad app) :

On the dates with no award availability (eg 7 Jun), there are no ‘classic’ rooms for sale.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Aug 23, 2022 at 2:27 pm
Old Aug 30, 2022, 6:45 am

Ok thanks. It's just the 10th that's the problem. Annoying!
Old Feb 23, 2023, 4:51 am

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
Solid Choice in Dublin

Booked a heritage deluxe bed room and upgraded to a junior suite the day before arrival. We booked a package that came with 3 course dinner, breakfast and glass of champagne. Amenities of chocolates, and a bouquet of flowers were provided in the room.

Room was nice, spacious for two, and I must say was extremely quiet despite being next to College street.

Dinner and breakfast at Morelands Grill was satisfactory, with the service being extremely friendly and attentive.

Location is convenient for easy walk tour from Book of Kells, to Dublin Castle, to St Patrick’s Cathedral, etc. With the sunshine out during our visit, it truly made the hotel even a better choice.

What really stood out during this visit was the service all through out. Everyone was just welcoming and so attentively friendly. The hardware could be described as updated, with simple opulence. Nothing over the top, but quietly upscale and luxurious.

Easy location

Simple opulence

Friendly service

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.