Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Josun Busan, South Korea [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2014, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
AIRPORT PICKUP
About US$90
Print Wikipost

The Westin Josun Busan, South Korea [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2019, 10:37 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Couldn't settle on a city view with single beds.. Airbnb is remarkably cost-effective in Busan. My wife is Korean so no issues in dealing with Korean landlords that don't speak English.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 10:35 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Stayed a few days before NYE and the hotel was fully committed but was given an Executive City View room. There were beach view rooms a few days before check-in so I’m not sure if the hotel upgraded people randomly to these rooms in advance or if they actually sold them.

The room was fine but it’s very dated and the bathroom is very small. The lounge has a decent spread that you can make a meal out of if you wanted to. It does get pretty busy even during previous stays as people are willing to pay the costs for lounge access in Korea, especially the locals. Breakfast is still at the restaurant near the elevators and is so-so.

Not sure if I will come back here as the hotel is extremely dated and the breakfast room is too crowded. I went to the PH Busan for a few days after checking out of the Westin and preferred the PH a lot more since it’s very modern and has a nice view of the bridge (if you can get this upgrade). However, if you want to be by Haeundae Beach and/or hope for a suite upgrade then the Westin isn’t a bad option as the redemption rates are reasonable.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 5:43 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Deleted - wrong thread
Old Feb 10, 2021, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Two night paid booking coming up to kick off my promotion stays, in the Deluxe Park Guest room. Sadly it looks like they don't offer the Executive Suite Beach view for SNAs.

I could try to SNA for a) a Deluxe Beach guest room (only a different view?), b) Executive Grand Executive level, Junior Suite, beach view, or c) Corner Park Suite Executive level, 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 Queen, Mountain view, Corner room.

Can anyone describe the difference between b) and c)? It's hard to match b) to any pics on TripAdvisor.
Also would a check in upgrade be likely to be more than a) - and could it go all the way to an Executive Suite Beach if available?

Many thanks. Oh, I'm Titanium / LTP.

Last edited by typical; Feb 10, 2021 at 2:11 am
Old Feb 10, 2021, 4:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I assume that you've looked at the room descriptions and amenities on the hotel's website, including information about size of the rooms/suites (sq ft or sq meters). You could also look at rates (for stays paid in money) on random dates to see what room categories the hotel considers to be most desirable. Of course, for some guests the tradeoffs might be different from what the hotel believes people want, so you might prefer a view over a suite, or a large suite on a low floor over a junior suite on a higher floor, etc. Only you can decide.

BTW I've sometimes applied SNAs with only the top category checked, and when that didn't clear at five days, gone back to modify things to allow my SNAs to be used for some lower category or less desirable options. You can also watch availability of various suite categories and make changes as the first sweep approaches.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep. Here're the details:
Deluxe Park: 312 sqft
Executive Grand: 473 sqft
Corner Suite: 635 sqft

Although it's still not clear from the pictures or description, the junior suite seems to have a larger bathroom and a couch in the main room. Whereas the corner suite has a separate sleeping area. Still, not 100% sure on this.

SNA cleared for the Corner Suite. Still hope to get a check in upgrade to the (un-SNAable) Executive Suite but we'll see... I can live without a beach view from the room.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok in the Corner Suite now. A few notes:
1) The room is certainly spacious, with one of the largest TVs I've seen in a hotel room in Korea.
2) The bedroom has a pretty nice sea view (albeit the wrong angle to see from the bed). It's not over the beach but the description of "mountain/city" doesn't fully do it justice.
3) The "mountain/city view" from the sitting room isn't that great though.
4) The lounge view over the beach is nice enough. The lounge is pretty good. No breakfast being served in it right now, but main restaurant breakfast was reasonable and tasty.
5) The hotel isn't brand spanking new but it didn't feel tired to me, or even really that dated. Oldest were the corridors but I found nothing to comment on. I've stayed in much fustier, older-fashioned Westins for sure.

After I swore I wouldn't go back to the Fairfield Haeundae again, pleasantly surprised by this place.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 11:38 pm

It seems the lounge policy has changed, and regardless of Suite, Executive Room or Platinum benefit only 2 adults get the lounge and only adults get breakfast, and only in the lounge. Children of Platinums / Executive Lounge guests 8 to 11 pay for breakfast (36k, not sure) and afternoon access (18k) or if 12 and up then 77k for afternoon + evening, plus breakfast. 14 years old is considered an adult.
cardesigner2000 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 12:23 am

Can a moderator please rename this thread?
The hotel's name has been changed from The Westin Chosun, Busan to The Westin Josun Busan.
Chosun was changed to Josun to reflect the current preferred way to spell Korean words in English.
The comma in the hotel's name has also been removed.
Thanks!

Official website, showing the new spelling:
https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotel...usan/overview/
Old Nov 28, 2023, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Are there coin laundry machines in the hotel? The hotel website makes mention of 'Laundry', but doesn't elaborate.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 6:26 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Are there coin laundry machines in the hotel? The hotel website makes mention of 'Laundry', but doesn't elaborate.
Hello Jebby-ca,
I am showing on The Westin Josun Busan's website, the following information about their laundry:
Laundry Coin-operated: No
Laundry Service: Yes
For more details, here is this hotel's email: [email protected]
Jebby_ca likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.